Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-17, 08:29 PM  
tamib

We put laminate in our living room and kitchen about 7 years ago, it's pretty tough until it gets wet and then it starts bubbling up. We have several pets and if a water bowl gets sloshed over or someone aims a little high on the litter box and it goes over you better get it up within a hour or two or it's bubbling up. The new laminates are supposed to be more water proof but we would not choose it again.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 05:32 AM  
hotncmom

I agree with others about laminate. We got Pergo installed in our bonus room (where I exercise) and it lasted maybe 5 years. We had a couple of small places that buckled, but worse than that was that it started chipping. It wasn't cheap and I regret spending the money. We have hardwoods in there now (site-finished, not pre-finished).
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 07:58 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

We recently took the carpet out of our living room, and small hall way and put in Pergo laminate. It was about a year ago. I love it! The Pergo is recommended for people with pets. We have a good friend who installs flooring for a living, so he and DH installed it. Well....I just finished reading all of the posts. I am not happy to hear that others have had bad experiences with the Pergo.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 08:11 AM  
sherry7899

We have Pergo in our foyer. We bought our home new and our house was a model home. It is twenty years later and we have had no problems with it at all.

We really need a new kitchen floor and I dread trying to figure out what to get. I get overwhelmed with all the choices.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 10:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Laura - Can you PM the list of folks that your Real Estate agent recommended - I have the hardest time finding responsible contractors who will come when they say they will and do what needs to be done. It is a never ending battle to get stuff done and I lose patience and momentum with it pretty quickly b/c of it.
I will take a list of everyone you have - I have quite a bit of work I want to have done over the next few years - kitchen/bath remodels, flooring, some minor construction, you a name it!
Donna
It may be different in your area, but I would say to avoid Home Depot or Lowe's contractors like the plague. We've had some very bad experiences using them.

We're looking at wood-look tiles for most of the living areas and a shorter nap, tougher grade carpet for the bedrooms. DH wanted mostly carpet, but we all (even the cats!) have allergies here and less carpet is better.

My SIL had a good experience with the local Carpeteria so we're going to try them.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 01:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

One of the four floorings we replaced was a Pergo floor. I hated that floor, but it was because of the color of the floor - very, very blonde and I don't like floors that light. It was 15 years old and was in good shape.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet, flooring