Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-11, 07:01 PM  
rriggs

How do you use your Urban Rebounder?

I just got an Urban Rebounder off of Craigslist for $25 and it is like brand new! SCORE! Anyway, now I don't know what to do with it. I don't have any DVDs or anything, and was wondering do you just listen to music and jump? Does anyone incorporate any of Tracy's DVDs with the rebounder?? I am struggling to learn her BDC and DC and was hoping maybe I can somehow do those on the rebounder. :-)
rriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 07:22 PM  
ldy_solana

i don't have an urban rebounder "brand" but have a general fitness one. i use it with other workouts, lately i use it with my wii active game and usually use it with my gold's gym boxing game. i might use it for higher impact intervals from other videos that i just don't feel like doing on the floor.

i hurt my shin/ankle recently and have been able to maintain workouts every other day using it with my wii active game until i can get back to running (hopefully in another week).

sometimes i use it to bounce on for fun but i don't have that kind of time right now since i am nearing the end of my 2nd semester at school and its hard to type/read while bouncing LOL.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 07:31 PM  
dmlarue1

I just got one off craigslist last week too!! I am using mine with wii walk it out. I had also recieved the urban rebounder dvds but honestly found them a little boring....now I am looking to add to my collection, as almost everything I have is low impact....I have turbo fire so I am going to try that this week
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 08:28 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I've used mine to do Cardio Coach workouts (running on the rebounder for the higher-intensity intervals, for example.

I've also done workouts like Leslie Sansone walking workouts, adapting some moves for the rebounder (for example, a side step can be a jumping jack or a side-to-side ski hop: I kept the general direction of the move but made in rebounder friendly).

I more recently have been using it to do some higher-impact moves in S90 (doing sprints on the rebounder instead of 'high knees' for example, or 'cross country' ski jumps instead of jump lunges).

I bought the new Urban Rebounding Extreme workout series, and will be using those.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 09:24 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I love to rebound to music, preferring Motown, although a lot of Richard Simmons are great, too, Sweatin to the Oldies, the Broadway ones...

I've done Leslie's, some of Cathe's step workouts - modifying a lot more with them, anything with high impact...but when you get comfortable with it, just putting on music you like and doing moves that fit is so much fun.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 01:47 PM  
horsemom2

You can try the TA and other rebounder workouts on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtUEr_oy_o4

or check out other threads on VF like
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=145275
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=147637

etc.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 03:21 PM  
Cassy

I had turbofire Hiit from a temp trade and found it very fun on the rebounder and now I want the whole set.

Last night I tried Amy Bento's Hi/Lo and that was really fun.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 05:18 PM  
cpcathy

I don't have cable in my workout room, so I either use the UR DVDs or I put in some of my favorite TV show DVDs like Sex and the City or Project Runway and jump while watching.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 06:38 PM  
thelmaloo

I use mine for any non-dancy cardio , like jump ropes and jumping jacks and running with Jillian's 30 day shred. I also like Tracie Longs G Force ( check ebay for that one ) and occasionally do some old UR workouts on it. Not sure I can handle the newer extreme Ur workouts.

i also wear the one pound weighted gloves i got with Leslie's "punch Up Your Walk" and my ten pound weighted vest I bought from Cathe's website when I jump. It doesn't hurt my back. I wear a good support bra and good running shoes though !

I don't use dumbbells ever while jumping. I still have my bar on mine, just in case I lose my footing. I love rebounding, it has really toned me up !!! ( it also keeps me regular, if you know what I mean !!!)
thelmaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounding, urban rebounder