Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-01, 07:00 PM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Weighted Gloves vs. Walk and Tone Belt

I have two Leslie Sansone videos that use the walk and tone belt. There's a problem with this belt, though: There are two ways to hook up the stretchy things. One way, if you put them at your side, makes the workouts much too easy. The other way, if you put them at your back, makes workouts much too difficult. I was wondering if weighted gloves could be used in these workouts instead. If so, how could I tell whether to get the 2 lb. or the 1 lb. gloves?
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-01, 02:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Yeah, I know what you mean, with the belt. I think Leslie recommended that you hook the cords to the back, but then the cords can be uncomfortable when they're stretched out. I kept trying to watch to see how the gals in the video were using their cord, under the arm or to the side, and it was hard to tell. The first couple times I did the video, I enjoyed it so much, I didn't notice what was happening with the cords, but recently I did the workout, and I couldn't get the cords right? They were either wrapped around my shoulder, or someplace else, and they just felt like a nuisance! It seems like a loop positioned between back and side of belt would be about right to me.
I also have the weighted gloves with her weighted glove workout. I was a bit disappointed because while the video's are called "weighted glove workout," she only uses them in the last video, and very briefly. She should have demonstrated how they were worn on your hand because I was confused, at first, ha ha.
I would think you could use the weighted gloves with any of Leslie's tapes, toning or walk off the pounds. I LOVE the weighted balls the best! They're really terrific, and I wished she used these more in her workouts, like through the whole tape, instead of towards the end. They're my preference, over the weighted gloves. I think the balls are 2lbs each, and the gloves are only 1lb each, but not sure? Once the gloves are on your hand they're certainly out of the way, which is a great advantage!
Sorry, if I was rambling...
Pam
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-01, 03:15 PM  
Messe

Weighted gloves are more versatile

I have a pair of Ironwear weighted gloves (2 lb. each) that I really love. I like Leslie's 3-Mile Power Walk and the 3-mile tape of the Walk Away set, and I use the gloves for both. I also took them on vacation in the fall and used them when I walked on the beach. Hey, if people can carry CD players and Walkmen, why not weighted gloves? I got my gloves at Target. And I was thrilled to hear that someone else had trouble figuring out how to wear them. Yes, they're labeled "right hand' and "left hand" but the trick is to get them with the labels toward the palms :rolleyes: . I figured it's because I'm so abysmally left-handed--left and right have confused me all my life!

FYI, Leslie has a new set of tapes due out any minute (1-, 2- and 3-mile walks) that use the belt. The set is now on the Collage site--it comes with the belt. Don't know if they'll release the tapes singly (this is a GoodTimes production)--they're just releasing the WAPs from the first set singly this month.

Another rambler--sorry if I've told you more than you want to know!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-01, 11:16 PM  
Shelby
VF Supporter

Have 'bout a Powerbelt instead?

Have you seen one? They're at Walker's Warehouse and here's the link http://www.walkerswarehouse.com/stor...tegory_Code=SP

Evidently they're supposedly superior to handweights because, if you tire, you can just let them retract. Also, the power belt is weight adjustable to a certain degree. Costs more (of course!) but I think this is the route I may go.

Shelby
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerbelt walking system, weighted gloves