Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-13, 04:58 PM  
Sophie

Well, it has been pointed out in other threads that it is possible to subscribe without actually posting (using the "Thread tools" menu).

However, kind of a fun blast from the past, and a reminder of some VFers I dearly miss (I need a nostalgic tear emoticon).

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 05:31 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Well, it has been pointed out in other threads that it is possible to subscribe without actually posting (using the "Thread tools" menu).

However, kind of a fun blast from the past, and a reminder of some VFers I dearly miss (I need a nostalgic tear emoticon).
Yes, I miss GymRatt's posts.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 10:37 AM  
Gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Why would you resurrect this thread from 2003?

And this isn't the first time you have done this -- I don't know what "subbing" means, but I can see absolutely no reason why you keep bumping old threads without even asking a question about them or making a comment. It makes no sense whatsoever, and it's a huge waste of time for the rest of us to have to read through 10 year-old threads.

Reported.
Wow, I really hope others are not this offended by my post like you are. You have taken the time to lash out on my posts on other threads too.

Thank you Froggy for your warmth and support and Norakate, thanks for the welcome shout out .

Please if there is a way to completely delete a post, can someone let me know? I now know how to sub without posting but I have subbed a number of threads by posting and I really do not want someone getting worked up about it. Thanks
Gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 10:41 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogo View Post
Wow, I really hope others are not this offended by my post like you are. You have taken the time to lash out on my posts on other threads too.

Thank you Froggy for your warmth and support and Norakate, thanks for the welcome shout out .

Please if there is a way to completely delete a post, can someone let me know? I now know how to sub without posting but I have subbed a number of threads by posting and I really do not want someone getting worked up about it. Thanks
I wouldn't worry about it. People on message boards get worked up about a lot of things.

In general, though, there's no point in subbing to old threads unless you're intending to resurrect the conversation (because otherwise nothing new is appearing there!). So, if a topic is of interest to you, write something about it that may generate a more substantive conversation.

Old 06-07-13, 10:47 AM  
Gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. People on message boards get worked up about a lot of things.

In general, though, there's no point in subbing to old threads unless you're intending to resurrect the conversation (because otherwise nothing new is appearing there!). So, if a topic is of interest to you, write something about it that may generate a more substantive conversation.

Thanks Marmact . I subbed those old threads so that I could easily find them from my profile page. I found some posts very useful and wanted to be able to revisit them easily.
Gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 11:44 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Gogo, welcome to VF. Has anyone explained how to subscribe to threads?

On the top of a thread to the right of the page you'll see "Thread Tools." Click that to expand the list and you'll see "Subscribe to this Thread." Then you only have to comment on a thread if you really want to join the discussion.
Old 06-07-13, 12:29 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Gogo has already mentioned that she now know how to subscribe without posting.
Welcome, Gogo!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 01:13 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Gogo has already mentioned that she now know how to subscribe without posting.
Welcome, Gogo!
Sorry. I see that now, but I missed it earlier.

Tags
power of 10, slow burn