Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-14, 01:11 AM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
Love doesn't describe it...now that my feet have improved I can jump, dance, and do planks without chronic foot pain.
Remarkable and beyond words.

ETA: My $400.00 custom orthotics don't hold a candle to $55.00 Birkie Insoles.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 09:17 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Birks may be very comfortable (I have never owned a pair myself), but I just don't like the looks of them at all. I have seem some ladies styles that are a bit more attractive, but although I might wear them casually with a skirt, I couldn't see wearing them to work.

I actually have a current pair of sandals that I use for multipurpose that way. They are Aerosoles, and they have a thick, crepe heel, so they are very comfortable to walk in (and also very secure. They just have a single white leather strap going across the top of the foot (and it's wide, which means the sandals aren't too bare), plus there's almost a slight wedge to the heel. I've worn these for walking, to work, and to the beach. Plus, I've owned them for at least 6 years now, and they really show virtually no wear. I tried to find a photo, but because they are older, I couldn't find one.

I did order the J-41s I mentioned upthread. I went to Famous Footwear to try them on, but they didn't have them in store; at least I can return them to the store if I don't like them. I also saw a very cute pair of Skechers slip-on sneakers that I decided to order as well--I know this wasn't what the OP was looking for, but these were very cushy and comfortable, so I thought I'd post the link in case anyone else was interested (plus they got great reviews, both on FF and elsewhere):
http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/...sultmode=store

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 10:35 PM  
videofit

Toaster, I am with you on Aerosoles, as I said upthread. I splurged last year and bought these Cole Haan sandals and they've started to fall apart, even after hardly wearing them. The soles were so thin and the heels so flat that I had the shoemaker add a thin rubber heel and sole. I am so used to the comfort and quality wear of Aerosoles that I think I am spoiled for life! I prefer their "interpretations" of the latest styles because they fit, are comfortable and still stylish, not granny or hippy.
Old 05-05-14, 07:08 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Munro American, sold at Nordstrom and online, are very comfortable, have some attractive styles, are well-constructed, and made in the USA. I also like Sofft, which have some stylish, comfortable shoes, and are sold at Nordstrom, Macy's and online.

When it comes to shoes, I want comfort, but also want the shoes to look stylish and pretty.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-14, 07:55 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just bought these last night in brown from my local Kohls. I am about to order them online in black. Very comfy.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-169...dals-women.jsp

ETA: Those Earth Spirit shoes that I ordered from Planet Shoes did not work out for me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable day shoes, pretty walking shoes, shoes, walking shoes