Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-14, 08:09 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
I'm not sure these will be quite pretty enough, but I spent last summer in them - one three week trip to the west coast and a 2 1/2 week trip to the UK. They were at least feminine enough to wear with a skirt or casual sundress, and sturdy enough to walk up and down cobbled streets, groomed hiking trails, and all about town, carrying a travel backpack. I was really impressed with their performance.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5029-508/a...-shoes-womens/

That said I agree with having a second pair to give the feet a break and just for a different feel. I brought along the Merrell pace glove, partly because it's so light and packs easily.
Those Ahnu shoes in the first link are very cute. Ahnu had a booth at the Yoga Journal Conference marketplace in NYC this weekend. I didn't have a chance to try them on but I thought they were nice looking shoes. The Merrells look good too. They are similar to the New Balance Minimus shoes that I wear for walking, weight lifting and other exercise.

I brought a few pairs of shoes with me to a week vacation in Jordan earlier this month. I wore my New Balance minimus shoes for a LONG day treking around Petra. I also brought them in case I decided to use hotel gyms but of course I had no time for that! I also had a pair of Salomon Amphibious shoes since we did some hiking and they are much lighter than regular hiking boots. They are also good if you encounter water which we did. I have never brought 3 pairs of shoes with me on vacation before but I also brought these Aerosoles sandals: http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product...ment/eqwipment
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 09:31 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
I'm not sure these will be quite pretty enough, but I spent last summer in them - one three week trip to the west coast and a 2 1/2 week trip to the UK. They were at least feminine enough to wear with a skirt or casual sundress, and sturdy enough to walk up and down cobbled streets, groomed hiking trails, and all about town, carrying a travel backpack. I was really impressed with their performance.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5029-508/a...-shoes-womens/

That said I agree with having a second pair to give the feet a break and just for a different feel. I brought along the Merrell pace glove, partly because it's so light and packs easily.

I like the looks of the Ahnu Gracie shoes! And that's a new brand to me too
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 09:52 PM  
Scorpio6

Hotter shoes from the UK. Sold on the internet for us here in the US. High recommend.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 11:56 PM  
loulou

I love Vivobarefoot. They have many styles. I wore these most of the summer:

http://www.amazon.com/Vivobarefoot-W...f=cts_sh_2_fbt

They are supposed to be water running shoes but very comfortable for walking around and you don't have to worry if you get them wet. Also very easy to keep clean. Zappos carries them, too.

These are a little prettier but I haven't tried them. All of the shoes are extremely lightweight.

http://www.zappos.com/vivobarefoot-jing-jing-taupe
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 06:16 AM  
Jeanne Marie

A lot of these shoes look great and very comfy, but I would never wear them out to a nice dinner. My problem with Clarks (and many brands like Clarks) is that they are just too clunky. They just are not my idea of pretty and stylish enough for dinner in a dress or skirt.

I have some older Borns that fit the bill in that regard, but they don't make them anymore. I like to have at least a wedge or higher heel when dressing up. Flats don't seem dressy enough.

When I go on a trip that requires a lot of walking during the day and dressing up at night, I take three pairs of shoes. I'll wear the comfy daytime ones to travel, and pack the dressy ones and switch to them at night. (The other pair is my running shoes -- if space is an issue in my suitcase, I wear the running shoes to travel) My dressy ones still have to be comfortable though, so my absolute fave dress comfort shoes are either Onex or Donald Pliner. I can still walk a long way in both these brands even though they are dressy .... essential for places like Vegas.
Old 04-28-14, 11:59 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Another vote for Clarks (in particular, the Privo line which seems to be discontinued but there's still some stock around on the internet, and it seems that they've integrated some Privo designs into the general Clarks line on the Zappos.com site). If you don't mind stylish leather sneaks, Josef Siebel has a great selection in fabulous colors. And my current favorite for stylish and comfy is Pikolinos -- lots of designs for lots of different folks and weather considerations, and I love their boots and shoes (with 1.25 inch heels and covered toes). Most of my Pikolinos shoes require zero break-in time, and none have killed me even if they took a few days to break in completely. Love them! I bought my first pair of cute boots from them and immediately walked five hours in DC on vacation... not a single blister
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 05:37 AM  
ellaenchanted

I find Cole Haan shoes very comfortable for work, fancier events, and everyday cute shoes.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 06:00 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Another vote for Clarks (in particular, the Privo line which seems to be discontinued but there's still some stock around on the internet, and it seems that they've integrated some Privo designs into the general Clarks line on the Zappos.com site). If you don't mind stylish leather sneaks, Josef Siebel has a great selection in fabulous colors. And my current favorite for stylish and comfy is Pikolinos -- lots of designs for lots of different folks and weather considerations, and I love their boots and shoes (with 1.25 inch heels and covered toes). Most of my Pikolinos shoes require zero break-in time, and none have killed me even if they took a few days to break in completely. Love them! I bought my first pair of cute boots from them and immediately walked five hours in DC on vacation... not a single blister
I wondered what happened to the Privo line. The only Clarks I own are Privos. They really are the only style that I considered cute. What a shame they are discontinued. I did see one pair with the Privo footbed when I was looking at Clark's on Zappos the other day, but couldn't figure out where the whole line was. Bummer.

And yes... I have one pair of Pikolino boots. I found that brand by accident a few years ago at Nordstrom Rack. I bought a really cute pair of Pikolino ankle boots and wore them for several years. They were among the most comfortable I've ever owned. Still have them of course, but haven't worn them for a couple of seasons. I highly recommend them too!
Old 04-29-14, 12:42 PM  
Sophie

I always look covetously at Pikolinos
Any particular you would recommend? As flat as possible (my knees don't much of a heel rise)

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:48 PM  
zoegirl

How about these - Skechers Go Walk? http://www.zappos.com/skechers-perfo...ngineered-gray
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable day shoes, pretty walking shoes, shoes, walking shoes