Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-05, 10:20 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofone
Do you really break a sweat? I just can't get over the fact that boucning around gives results. Seems like the rebounder might do most of the work?

Thanks,
Kristen
Kristen -- I use my rebounder a lot, but rarely for rebounding workouts - -more to enhance my other workouts (do in place of cardio sections I don't like or during weights in a cardio/weights workout if I want to make it all cardio), so it's thrown in a lot, but not enough to know the results over other forms of cardio.

But to answer the sweat part, when I was first rebounding, I never really broke a sweat (and love the sweat aspect of cardio). Then someone on my check-in mentioned that she always wears 1 lb. weights on the rebounder to get the HR up higher. I started doing that and it made a world of difference. I used to hold the weights, but I finally found Reebok hand-grips at Ross and use those all the time and now I'm sweating more like I would with step or hi/lo.

So if you do get a rebounder and want to up the pace a bit, just try some really light weights.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:24 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife
So if you do get a rebounder and want to up the pace a bit, just try some really light weights.
I agree...I use 1lb weighted gloves on my rebounder.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 03:12 AM  
Corridors

I have a half-fold reboundair. Could I fold the legs on one side and then use the rebounder on the slope as it was shown in the photo at Amazon.com? Would this be safe? As I live in Israel, I'm not really interested in getting another rebounder.

Colleen
Corridors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 03:22 AM  
mariel

wow, this was a really informative thread!

i don't think urban rebounders are avaiable here yet... i take it not many of you would recommend getting the mini-trampolines that are sold in sporting goods stores? i just heard my aunt is having knee problems, and that she cannot even do leslie workouts anymore. i was wondering if a rebounder/mini tramp would be a good idea. (if it's one that's well constructed???)

thanks,
mariel
mariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 08:45 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corridors
I have a half-fold reboundair. Could I fold the legs on one side and then use the rebounder on the slope as it was shown in the photo at Amazon.com? Would this be safe? As I live in Israel, I'm not really interested in getting another rebounder.

Colleen
Colleen,

If it would stay put in this position than I suppose it would be safe, but I doubt if it would stay put.
Old 12-12-05, 10:13 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Barb: thanks for being my 'test subject'! I might make my way over to amazon.com later today (but do I *need* a second rebounder? The medicine rebound effect, and the possibility of using it as a ramp for Firm workouts that use the transfirmer make it appealing. I can just see a bootcamp circuit set up in my living-room/workout room, with the tilted rebounder set up for medicine ball work).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 03:33 PM  
lisald

Barb aka Horsemom2,

I had not considered buying a ReboundAir, because of the expense, but I was considering a UR for Christmas. From your posts, it almost seems as if, from your experience, that you would choose the Yog Flex over the ReboundAir, given the choice. Is that fair to say? I've just been sitting on the fence for a while now. I had seen the infomercial for the Body Burner, and was intrigued, but I was concerned about the straps vs. springs. Anyway, any input you could give would be great. I know I have to make up my mind quickly though, last week I was thinking about getting Kari's Reach, and Get Ripped from Amazon. They were shipping in 24 hours last week, now they're out to 2-5 and 1-3 weeks respectively!

eta: Also, I know that you don't care for the UR workouts, but do you think that they would work with the Yog Flex?

Thanks,

Lisa

Last edited by lisald; 12-12-05 at 08:50 PM. Reason: adding another question
lisald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 03:43 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Lisa, I think Barb is out today, but I'm sure she'll answer you when she gets home.

From what she's written here, & on the rebounding check in, I think she's really impressed with the YogFlex (Body Burner.)

Mine is suppsed to be shipped, and set to arrive on the 22nd, so I can't compare them for you, but I do have a UR, and love it.

I ordered this one from amazon partially because Cynthia (also on rebounder check in) has had one for a while and liked it a lot, and also got a UR and said the mat/bounce was softer on the YogFlex.
Partially I ordered because of the low price, and this one can tilt, has the elastic cords for strength work, the balance and weight poles...just seemed like it was a good buy.

I took advantage of amazons credit card offer - they give you $30.00 off your purchase - so, the YogFlex is listed $39.99, you get the free shipping, and they gave me $30.00 off = $9.99
I couldn't resist!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 07:13 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisald
Barb aka Horsemom2,

I had not considered buying a ReboundAir, because of the expense, but I was considering a UR for Christmas. From your posts, it almost seems as if, from your experience, that you would choose the Yog Flex over the ReboundAir, given the choice. Is that fair to say? I've just been sitting on the fence for a while now. I had seen the infomercial for the Body Burner, and was intrigued, but I was concerned about the straps vs. springs. Anyway, any input you could give would be great. I know I have to make up my mind quickly though, last week I was thinking about getting Kari's Reach, and Get Ripped from Amazon. They were shipping in 24 hours last week, now they're out to 2-5 and 1-3 weeks respectively!

Thanks,

Lisa
Lisa,

I don't have UR so I cannot compare. I do know a few folks who have both a ReboundAIR and UR and say the bounce on the ReboundAIR is softer.
It's the versatility of the Yogflex that tempted me and for the price, it simply cannot be beat even if it didn't tilt!

Barb S
who won't part with my ReboundAIR but will be using the Yogflex more
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 07:18 PM  
videofit

So is that "new concept" incorporated into the Urban Rebounder?
videofit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounding, success stories, success story