Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-05, 10:25 PM  
ooty

Quote:
I am generally genetically unable to write a short post

I also start with good intentions and by the time I finish, I have a small essay...sometimes I have this short story ready to post and then I do something and the whole post is lost...I get so upset... (though I am putting Mr.Smiley) here...
Old 05-18-05, 10:29 PM  
Lannette

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty

...sometimes I have this short story ready to post and then I do something and the whole post is lost...I get so upset... (though I am putting Mr.Smiley) here...
LOL! Ooty I do the same thing only sometimes the poor people I subject to those short stories only wish that my post had disappeared before I was able to hit send.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 10:54 PM  
Happykatie
VF Supporter

Hi Abbe,
I used to tape reruns of Everybody Love Raymond and Seinfeld for the treadmill, but I think I've seen them all. I don't know what I'll do when I get through all the SATC's. I guess I'll just have to find more funny NY folks. I've tried the treadmoves and runervals, but they just don't make me laugh.

Lannette, I always thought I was a threadkiller, too. But I don't always have to get the last word in now. (Yoga has mellowed me.)

I'm trying to psych myself up to restart a P90X thing. Anybody got any motivating words? I guess I need to watch the Bring it DVD.....

Jenny
Happykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 11:23 PM  
benemma

Welcome everyone! I am so glad to "see" and hear from all these new people.

It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
-Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 11:25 PM  
jaybee

I don't think of myself as a lurker per se.
I sometimes post short stories and then I just forget/avoid to post when I get too busy reading. Mostly I do all my posting on the Friday night chats-which I have missed lately!
I too feel like I know alot of the people but for some reason I just never can think of anything to post about.
And I am review impaired-the minute the workout is over I can't remember anything except if it was step, weights or kickbox-not even instructor or how long it was. I am often not even sure if I like the workout or not and have trouble giving a straight answer about it.
It is nice seeing the same people here all the time! I need to join a checkin again-that really gets the posts going good!
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 12:58 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevia
I also have been lurking for a long time - I enjoy reading the boards while nursing my twin daughters !
I have twin daughters too and breast-fed until they were 2. I fed simultaneously and embroidered over their heads - lots and lots of embroidery!! The weight just dropped off me then - every time I saw the scales, another kilo gone! It's the 40% fat in the milk that did it - but...when I stopped... oh dear - much of it came back.

So if these are your first, and you haven't experienced weening yet - be careful about the above - I (almost) wish I'd kept the electric breast pump - to keep the process going!
P.S. I think I'm short story poster too!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 04:42 AM  
horsemom2

Lurkers, try a checkin?

I just wanted to suggest trying a check-in if you are a lurker and want to participate within a smaller group.
I have gotten to know many VFers better through the Rebounding Plus check-in so that particular checkin and the Exchange are my favorite stops in VF.

Barb S
who has been participating less and less in the general discussions cuz find the smaller checkins more comfortable
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 04:43 AM  
annabelle2

Smile Lurker

I lurk here often and have posted a couple of times.

My favorites are Cathe, kickboxing I love kickboxing, I like Powerstrikes and I just received my home study things for Turbo Kick. I haven't tried a whole bunch of instructors, I did the Firm exclusively for quite a while but I have been open to some new things lately. I have P90X but I am not sure if I will do it again after that long rotation.

Anyway - Hi! to everyone.
annabelle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 07:21 AM  
LaurenDoon
VF Supporter

Hi,
I lurk here all the time and sometimes do post, but it takes me forever to write a few sentences. I keep changing them because when I read back what I wrote it doesn't "sound like me".
Guess I should be more spontaneous.
Lauren
LaurenDoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 07:55 AM  
termitejulia

I also post occaisionally, but mostly lurk. It seems every time I might want to post something, someone beats me to it! I guess great minds think alike. For videos, I do Cathe, Christi, and Kari almost exclusively.

This site has such a ton of great information, I read almost every day.

Julia
termitejulia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions