Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-13-19, 07:30 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Joy Is the Simplest Form of Gratitude. Be Thankful! 10/13

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 07:32 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This is the weekend of Canadian Thanksgiving. I hope all our Canadian members and lurkers have a great holiday!

Dad burned his finger while cooking yesterday and didn't feel like going to church, so we are going this morning. It now feels weird to go to church on Sunday morning...

Everyone have a good day. I'll check in later.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-13-19, 09:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! And Happy Thanksgiving to Beth and her family!

I'm planning on just putzing around the house and getting some stuff done inside. Doing laundry right now. A walk with Gus is planned also - we're cold (right around freezing) but at least its not snowing today. The snow that came down yesterday has melted.

Paula, yes, I'm looking for a 55+ community to live in - there are some co-ops that have any age in it, but I'm not interested in having kids running the halls. Enjoy your night with friends!

Laura, hmmmm, going to church on a Sunday morning now feels weird to you? It does to me as I've not done it in years... .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 03:40 PM  
Tiny

Greetings!

It was a weird end to the week. Thursday afternoon is when the weirdness started. I ended up meeting a friend from work at the outlet mall by my condo yesterday (Saturday). Her boyfriend was out of time so we got an early dinner at Spinato's (my favorite pizza joint that the ex and I found) after we walked the outlet mall. Anyhoo, our usual waitress waited on us and said she saw the ex a couple times. Sigh She proceeded to give me details of who he was with blah blah blah and I just felt betrayed all over again. It was a hard evening and an even harder start to the day today. The pain of my heart breaking is almost unbearable. I do so much better with out of sight out of mind, I don't need to hear anything about him or see him. It's too much for me right now. Which is the main reason I wanted to go home and not live in the same state as him. I think my healing process would be a lot smoother and easier had I been able to move home.

Tomorrow is a holiday and I am meeting with my financial advisor. I'm not sure if I'm going in the office Tuesday or just WAH. It depends on how I feel mentally, it may do me good to get out of the house but I don't know. And yes, I'll still be dealing with getting disconnected while I am remoted in.

Paula~the new quilt colors sound fantastic, I hope you will be able to get a picture of it. Have fun on ya girls trip! Great that DH feels well enough to stay home by himself.

Anita~it's rare for you to be getting snow this early isn't it? At least from what I remember you haven't been getting snow until the new year starts and even a month or two after. Really weird. Ugh 2019 is just weird. The co ops that you have been looking at seem neat. Yeah, I think that's a good idea to start putting ya down payments on a couple of places. They have 55+ communities here but they are mainly homes not condos at all, simple 2 bdrm and 1 bath homes. Something I would have LOVED to have been able to get but I am 10 years to young and they don't base it on maturity age.

Laura~I hope ya dad's finger is ok! Mmmmm, love me some nachos! This weeks title is very fitting, I love it! Thank you!

Beth~happy Thanksgiving!

Oh and I am loving me some Ellen Barrett. The two workouts I tried on YouTube have been great! I wonder what took me so long to try her.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 04:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have worked hard to get my website set back up. I got alwaysatrainer.com set back up with the software tips and tricks and information. Now, I need to set up the website for the flexible work options.

Anita - If I were to win the HGTV house in Minneapolis (or most of the places they have them), I'd just take the cash payout you can take in lieu of the actual house and other prizes. It would be a nice cash bonus - really nice - but not as much as they claim the house is worth. Now, this winter, they will have a dream house in Hilton Head. I might try to keep that and pay for it by renting it out and go as often as I wanted myself. I'm sorry you have had SNOW already! It sounds like you have a good plan for the retirement places and that you are taking steps to have multiple options.

Mary - I'm sorry for the heartache of running into your ex in various ways. Is moving back to LA something you really want to do? Have you considered talking to a counselor about how to process the hurt and betrayal you are feeling? I just wondered if you might have trouble moving on regardless of what you are if you are having trouble moving through the grief? If I'm totally off base, ignore me.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-14-19, 06:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm back to a WRC shift on Mondays so will likely be taking care of turtles, bats and birds. A walk with Gus is also planned. Otherwise putzing around and getting ready for winter - tried washing grill racks yesterday but they'll need another round of washing.

Mary, I'm sorry that waitress had no mind to realize what she was saying was hurtful to you. Yup, a two bedroom 1 bath or a bedroom, den and bath are what I'm looking for - pretty much what I already live with in my house on my level, so trying to find something with similar footage (plus room for a laundry). Hope your computer can connect smoothly to your work one of these days - any update needed?

Laura, with snow in our forecasts, I don't know how many people from all over would consider a Minneapolis home for living in . Maybe the extra cost is for a fully decorated/furnished house? I'll have to check out your website one day .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-14-19, 03:37 PM  
Tiny

Greetings!

This morning I had an appointment with my financial advisor, then ran a couple of errands. A productive day off of work.

Laura~I probably do need to talk to someone as I continue to blame myself for not doing more to fix the marriage. Although in reality I did all I could. Hearing what I heard Saturday, although hurtful, is what I needed to hear to stop blaming myself. My friends pointed out that this is what he does, his MO if you will, and that I need to stop blaming myself. I think what got me is that he's blaming me, that I wanted out. The lies that he is telling is hard and a bit unsettling.

Anita~yeah, she even flipped through her little book to tell me what they ordered. LOL Oy Vey! Oh yes, my work laptop is all up to date. In fact I am using it now and am having no issues. It has to do with the remote desktop. But what? UGH! I haven't even cleaned the second bathroom in this condo. It's already clean but I do need to at least get in there to say I cleaned it before anyone decides to come visit. My friend is wanting to come in February - Mardi Gras time since she gets 3 days off for it.

It should be a slow day tomorrow so I'll WAH. I may go in the office Wednesday depending on how frustrated I get with the remote desktop.

Anyone heard from Lexy? How she doing?

Talk soon!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 06:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I took yesterday off from the website stuff and caught up on things I ignored over the weekend. I went to the Y for a workout and did cooking and laundry, ran some errands, etc. This morning, I may go to a step class at the Y. Tomorrow, we're going with Mom and Dad to explore the new Wegmans in town, so it will be easier to exercise at the Y today.

Mary - I'm sorry that I missed all that in the story about the ex. He's really showing his true colors. You definitely don't deserve all that. I haven't heard anything from or about Lexy for quite awhile.

Anita - I'm sure Minneapolis is a great place to live - if you could live in Hawaii the other half of the year. Yeah, I'm sure the cash prizes are like the lump sum lottery winners take - cash in hand is less than the long-term full amount.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-15-19, 07:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm doing my year after surgery checkup with the surgeon today, hoping to find some dry weather to give Gus a walk (he still gets a walk, but shorter if pouring), and working at circus tonight (no abs class being taught tonight). Yesterday's shift at the WRC was hard - three people instead of about 8 that we have on Fridays. i got as much done as possible, but some rooms didn't get cleaned - hopefully vet techs got to them. I did turtles, bats, and caged birds in big runs.

Mary, your second bathroom sounds a lot like my bathroom downstairs - i just don't clean it as its not used - maybe cleaned 3 times since it was put in. I still haven't showered downstairs to see what that feels like down there... Enjoy your WAH day . I haven't heard from Lexy in quite some time - checked when the hurricanes came through earlier this summer and she was fine.

Laura, Enjoy your step class! I haven't done one in a long time - not sure if the new knee would do well with that. That would be a neat pairing of homes between Minneapolis and Hawaii . I've never been to Hawaii - it would be cool to take a trip out there!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-16-19, 08:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on giving Gus a good walk today - he got one yesterday also - we met a lady that we've become friends with on the path and I showed her a new back path that I take with Gus. My knee checkup went fine, but its recommended I try some compression socks to work on reversing the ankle swelling on that side that I have - I'll be doing some research today.

Otherwise planning on putzing around the house and yard today - cleaning things up for winter to be put away - yard ornaments planned on being put away today as well as cutting down some now dead vegetation.

Waves to all!

Anita