Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-19, 12:53 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I think Dance Fitness with Jessica looks fun, she has some clips on you tube.

https://dancefitnesswithjessica.com
This looks great! Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 01:24 PM  
angie_nrs

I posted a similar thread a while back, which might be of interest to you:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=dance

I think we're both kind of looking for the same thing. I pretty much gave up. I want a fun and funky workout that's easy to learn with little tifting. The problem with that is that a good dance workout likely requires a lot of practice, which means tifting.

I have a Dancinerate and it is OK. I didn't complete both sections, just the jazzy one. The music is good and you can break out a decent sweat. I just don't reach for it. I really don't like learning new moves, but I love it when I get them down......I know, it just doesn't make sense! LOL!

Somewhere along the line, someone suggested this workout on youtube that I really do like. The music is awesome. it takes some getting used to, but I do this one more often than any of my other dance workouts I bought. It's Les Mills and Rachel can be a bit over the top at times, but aside from her cheese, overall so far this is my favorite dance w/o I found There was a VF'r that recommended this on another thread on the topic, so thanks to whoever posted it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srd6TwU6UoI
Old 10-14-19, 05:47 PM  
horsemom2

you may like Kukuwa
https://kukuwafitness.vhx.tv/browse

or BollyX on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/BOLLYXFITNESS
their website enables longer workouts but is way too expensive now after getting lifetime for just $40

also I shared the Barefoot Dancer episodes on Daily Motion
https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2r2mg

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 07:59 AM  
sherry7899

I signed up for the free trial of Dance With Jessica, and to be honest I don't like them. I liked the clips of her dvd releases (and almost all of her dvds are sold out of course!). On the streaming service, Jessica seems a lot louder and more shrill, and the music seems to be ALL hip hop, which I'm not a fan of-I like some of it, but not a whole class of it.

Old 10-15-19, 09:29 AM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I signed up for the free trial of Dance With Jessica, and to be honest I don't like them. I liked the clips of her dvd releases (and almost all of her dvds are sold out of course!). On the streaming service, Jessica seems a lot louder and more shrill, and the music seems to be ALL hip hop, which I'm not a fan of-I like some of it, but not a whole class of it.
I also had a Jessica w/o that I tried and did not like at all. I have several dance DVD's that I bought and never tried. Most of them are Jennifer Gilardi. I probably should give them a try.
Old 10-15-19, 09:52 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I also had a Jessica w/o that I tried and did not like at all. I have several dance DVD's that I bought and never tried. Most of them are Jennifer Gilardi. I probably should give them a try.
I guess I won't be sorry that I can't get her dvds, then! Thank you! I liked the you tube clips and will just use those if I get around to it.

I do like the Jennifer Galardi dvds that I have tried. I stink at hip hop, but they are fun. I don't try to get the steps perfectly. I just keep moving.

I have a bunch of Debra Bono dvds I bought when Collage had a sale that I haven't tried yet. I really should do them.

Old 10-16-19, 10:47 AM  
Venus

I have Hemalayaa's Bollywood Dance Workout. I didn't care for the voiceover in a dance workout so it's been quite a while since I've done it. I looked at clips of her other workouts a while back, but I seem to recall there was quite a bit of jumping (which I didn't want at the time).

I have several Crunch and Dance Off the Inches workouts; I've liked all the ones I've tried. In general, I tend to reach for Crunch when I want something fun and DOTI if I want a bit more intensity. Both Crunch and DOTI tend to be either Beginner/Intermediate or Intermediate. I like Marie Forleo and Jennifer Galardi's dance workouts for Crunch and DOTI (and Prevention!). Crunch Go Go Dance is also fun. Were there any specific Crunch/DOTI workouts you were curious about?

Some other fun intermediate dance workouts I like are Dance with Julianne Cardio Ballroom and Brazilian Dance Workout with Vanessa Isaac.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 11:08 AM  
bubbles76

Sherry, haha yes that was my Hemalayaa review from years ago. I was wondering if my opinion on them would change since it's been some years. Heck, Tiny Bubble was a wee thing back then! I also have that dvd from Women's Health. Because of my bad experience with Rodale, I have yet to try it. Maybe I should try it this weekend. As for streaming, I refuse to pay for streaming. Too much free content on youtube, and I have too many dvds. I also have some Debra Bono's I haven't tried Sherry.

GetFit, I have this workout, based solely on your review. I haven't tried it yet.

Horsemom, I have tried and liked Kukuwa's older dance workouts. Never got a chance to try her newer dvds.

Angie, thanks for the disenabling on Jessica's dance workouts. I always felt like I was missing out when I missed that one good sale. Glad I haven't been!

Bzar, you're welcome! The Dance and Be Fit workouts always looks so good, but then I realize the instructor's voice grates a bit. I was somewhat interested in a few of those. I wonder about whether they are repetitive?

Venus, I'm specifically interested in the following Crunch workouts:
  • Cardio Dance Blast
  • Latin Rhythms
  • Cardio Salsa
  • Fat Burning Dance Party
  • Cardio Go Go Dance
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 12:51 PM  
horsemom2

Kukuwa's streaming site includes her newer dvds so worth a free trial visit

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 12:58 PM  
sherry7899

The Dvd set "Crunch Fitness Dance Mix" has four wokouts. It is cheap on Amazon.
They have one left. It is $13.00.

Tags
dance workouts