Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-19, 10:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 40 minute walk and that was it. I went out last night with friends celebrating one of their birthdays so I'm a little tired today. I may try to fit something in before work later this afternoon.

NORA, thank you for your kind words. Nice workout. Is yoga something new for you or have you always been doing it? I could never get into yoga but I definitely need more stretching in my regimen. I was going to say we haven't heard from Julie in a long time but maybe PENGUIN's memory is better than mine

PENGUIN, glad you enjoyed the second workout and are having fun! I don't watch too many new tv shows, I usually just keep watching my old favorites over and over. I did watch The Politician on Netflix last week which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 06:48 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

sB: I do yoga on and off and have for many years. Probably less in the last 5 years though. I’m trying to work it back in more. I did a class every week this summer (mostly because it was at the lake and taught by my SIL, so handy!)

pP: are those new beachbody workouts? Yes, I’m out of the loop!

Today, I played a game of tennis with a friend.
Old 10-07-19, 11:13 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

It’s quiet around here.

Yesterday I did cardio sculpt (Pam cosmi) and some yoga (Barbara benaugh).
Today, I did some stepping with Steve boedt, and finished the last 20 minutes of cardio sculpt from yesterday.

pP, I like Lou diamond philips too. I’ll have to check out prodigal son. We are watching Bad Blood, a crime thing set in Montreal. Maybe it’s only on Canadian Netflix, though? I’m also watching animal kingdom with Ellen barkin.

Nice day for a walk SB!
I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 10-07-19, 05:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, they aren't new workouts, I'm late to the party, but they are Beachbody. I found the two Rockin Body at a Goodwill, then ordered the other through Ebay.

SB, Hmm, we don't get Netflix but have Prime. Since there are so many choices now its hard to keep up with everything. We had Hulu for a while but didn't find it to be worth the extra money

Today I did Disco Groove again. I pretty much nailed the footwork and started trying to get all the arms. Progress.

I've got a pot roast in the crockpot and its smells wonderful. Temps are in the high 60's today now that the sun is out after last nights rain.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 07:48 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my workouts for the month. I have been dragging this week. I'm trying to recover from vacation. We went on a guided tour to Munich, Austria and Venice. It was my first guided trip and it was really fun. We had a great group of people on the trip and a wonderful tour guide. We visited Ocktoberfest in Munich. I bought a hat and a dirndl dress while I was there. DH bought a hat and vest. He also bought a pair of lederhose but there was a mix-up when checking out and they gave him the wrong size. Our tour guide took them back for us. Actually I think DH was much happier not wearing them. And they were expensive- $200. Then we went to Austria and stayed at an inn which was orginally a farmhouse built by a relative of our guide. It was later sold and turned into an inn. It was sold again and no longer operated as an inn. Now I think groups rent it. Our guide's mother and sister cooked 2 home cooked meals a day for us. It was yummy! Austria is gorgeous! We did hike a couple of days. The first day was to prepare us for the second day. A cable car took us close to the top of the Golzentipp mountain and then we hiked to the top. It was about a 1.5 mile hike each way with an elevation change of around 725'. It was tough because we were not used to the altitude - we are flat landers. The top was at 2317 meters (~7600 ft). We did have one person develop altitude sickness. The only negative in Austria was that several of us developed sinus attacks, including me. After leaving Austria we spent a day in Venice.

Friday (10/4) - Linda Wooldridge Barlates Precision Training Series: Ball
Saturday (10/5) - Shaun T's Rockin' Body: Shaun T's Dance Party + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 708
Sunday (10/6) - Linda Wooldridge Barlates Precision Training Series: Band
Monday (10/7) - Cathe Hardcore Extreme Workout #3 - 1st cycle & conditioning drills + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 710

Nora, welcome back! Are you home from the cottage? I've read in GD that Cathe has completed filming the new workouts and is in the editing process. You have been doing some good workouts.

Penguin, you are really getting into the dancy workouts! Have you tried your Zumba one? I like some of the Crunch and 10MS dancy ones.

SB, good job with your walks, Pilates and bursts. Who is the instructor for 10 MS Rapid Results Pilates? Did you like it?

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 07:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 42 minute walk in the morning. I was pretty rundown from a busy weekend at work so that was all I did for exercise. After all my gushing about the weather last week it's been cloudy and showery since then. lol.
I am hoping to walk today if the weather cooperates and/or a dvd too.

NORA, good job with your workouts and activity. I think I have that Pam Cosmi dvd somewhere around here. The weekly yoga class this summer sounds fun. I only work Saturday and Sunday now but I usually don't work out those days so I don't check in on the weekend as a result.

PENGUIN, good progress with the dance workout. Mmmmm potroast.
Bet it was delicious. We have netflix, prime and I think we still have hulu tho hubby was thinking of stopping that one.

TAMMIE, nice workouts since your return. What an amazing trip!! I didn't even realize you were going on vacation. Wow Oktoberfest in Munich. It doesn't get more authentic than that. Austria sounds stunning. 10 MS Rapid Results Pilates is with Lara Hudson. I hadn't done it in ages. It was fine. Not as challenging as some of my other pilates dvds but enjoyable.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-08-19, 04:26 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Tammie, your trip sounds wonderful and I can understand why you would need to recover from your vacation. It sounds like you were always on the go! I think I'm going to stick with Shaun's workouts for a while. The other two dance workouts haven't worked out very well. I'm still a little afraid of the Zumba but I did see a clip of a class and it didn't looked too complicated

SB, Today's weather is much nicer than the weekend. It poured and thundered! A little water got into the camper and some got into the house through the AC vent in my sewing room, making a puddle on the floor about a foot from my sewing machine! Fortunately Hubby found the leak in the attic and added it to the list of things to fix. sigh. I think we're going to have to turn the heater on tonight.

Today I did Cathe's Ripped with HIIT UB. Personally I feel this is more of a total body workout but no one asked me :P, and may even be more cardio than anything else. I did the UB weights but don't feel like I lifted anything. I skipped some of the LB compound exercises and did the blasts low impact.

Leftovers tonight so I get to start a library book.

Old 10-09-19, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 43 minute walk. That was all I did as I had a lot of clothes and books of my mom's to pack up and bring to goodwill. We still have some more things to get to but it's a slow process. I went to the movies last night with a couple of friends. Today is supposed to rain on and off all day so I may do a dvd if I can't walk.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Cathe workout. I hope hubby can get to that leak before another storm comes through. I hope you enjoyed your book and leftovers.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-09-19, 02:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I hope the rain let off so you could walk outside. It was overcast and chilly this morning but got sunny as the afternoon progressed.

So I did the Zumba Advanced. First, I didn't know it was in Spanish. There is a woman who gives us a few instructions in English, but she also kept saying 'since you know this already...', so there wasn't much instruction or breakdown. The music was good. I could catch on to most of the moves at least in a simpler version. There was a woman in green on the left who really exaggerated her movements which helped me catch on. I was about to call it quits when I realized we had reached the cooldown! So the workout pretty much flew past, but I wouldn't exactly call it fun either.

Old 10-09-19, 09:19 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, it was some stepping with Amy Bento.

Today, I drove back to my cottage because I need to get organized for closing- up weekend. Plus, it's Canadian thanksgiving and I have 25 people for dinner on Saturday. People bring things though, so it's not all on me, thankfully!

SB - So you've cut back on your work schedule. How are you enjoying that?

Tammie - that sounds like a fun trip. I've been to Austria and Venice but not Germany. One day, I hope to get there.

PP- you have lots of good variety going on there!