Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-19, 06:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
this is the month. I feel nervous. Scared. of what I call the big ones..

I don't know what to do for it..

Did anyone here do anything special for 65th birthday?
Not sure what I would do to celebrate that one. I'll be 63 this month.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 07:11 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy October, everyone! I'm still sick and have done nothing for the last several days but wheeze and blow my nose.

BUT exercise progress was still made! Exercise ROOM progress, that is... Our oldest moved out which meant we got rid of his bed... which meant we could move my 2nd oldest's drum set out of the family room, which is my main workout space. So while I had room to workout before, I had lost all the room directly in front of the tv to the drumset. So now I can do floorwork AND see the tv at the same time. What a concept.

So when I feel a bit more healthy, I'll try out my new space.

Donna, yay about your mom! I'm glad to hear she is getting involved with her new community.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 06:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Dog Walk - 40 minutes;
Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs;
Pilates By Lisa - Just 5 Minutes More Stretch with the Band

That little 5 minute (6 minute, really) stretch with Pilates By Lisa is probably my all time favorite short stretch. I would love to be able to buy just a download of that one, but no.

Brenda - hope you get over your cold/whatever soon. I know that flu season will soon be upon us at school. I always seem to manage to get sick over the Christmas break - actually I get sick before that and finally crash over the Christmas break. Exercise room improvements sound good!

Cheryl - don't look at anything as a "fail". Maybe a temporary setback - but you start back at it the next day. For me, seeing improvements through pilates (strength and flexibility gains) has been a very slow process - much slower than say with weight workouts - but improvements will come if you stick with it.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone!

Last night I ended up doing Jessica Valent's Arms & Abs workout, I also took a walk at work for errands. And, this morning I did Jessica's Kettlebell HIIT.

Like Christine, I decided to go back to Jessica V. I don't feel overwhelmed by it at all and it is easy to fit in and feel successful!

The Kettlebell HIIT was outside of my comfort zone, but I pulled through. I modified by using a baby Kbell (the 5 lb one that came w/ a FIRM set!) and even going unweighted some times. I find that Jessica does teach with good form and her pacing is not crazy. She also does not try to do too much at once. I think this is where her PT background shines through.

I hope to walk and/or do yoga or classical stretch later.

I'm working from home today and FINALLY went in for my bloodwork which I was supposed to do in April.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm coming out of the fog that descended on me for the past 3+ months. My mom seems to be settling in and to my surprise she is taking advantage of the community - there is a bible study on Thursdays that I'm gong to encourage her to go to. I think it will be so good for her to get involved and I hope she keeps it up. The bright spot in the whole thing is that having her get sick is what lit a fire under my butt to get her moved, it was something I was thinking about, but kept putting off since she doesn't like change and gets very anxious about things. (We all do, but she is over the top). My Dad is also in rehab and they are doing PT and OT with him, hopefully he can go home soon.

Brenda - sorry you are sick! DD brought that cold here, I got it and DH got it. DH is the worst, though.

Cheryl - just stick to it, it takes time and patience and practice. Is your b'day this month? I think we have quite a few fall b'days here as I recall - Carol, Me, Christine. I will be 52 in Nov. I mentally feel like I'm 30 and physically I sometimes feel like I'm 30 and sometimes like I'm 80. Although, since I have changed my workout styles to gentler and more mind-body practices, my body feels so much better so the 80 days are fewer and farther between.

Waves, Cheri!!

Carol - I know flu shots are looming. I know I need to get one but I'm so hesitant b/c I get sick from them....so I like to get it on Monday or Tuesday so I know I'll be better by the weekend, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:40 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Not sure what I would do to celebrate that one. I'll be 63 this month.

Carol
I think it came to me what I'm going to do. I sold my fitbit versa and my juicer kicked the bucket.

So, that tells me right there what I'm getting.. I paid $300 for that darn thing. It should have lasted longer than this

Yea, to another October person.. October which day Carol?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:43 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone!

Cheryl - just stick to it, it takes time and patience and practice. Is your b'day this month? I think we have quite a few fall b'days here as I recall - Carol, Me, Christine. I will be 52 in Nov. I mentally feel like I'm 30 and physically I sometimes feel like I'm 30 and sometimes like I'm 80. Although, since I have changed my workout styles to gentler and more mind-body practices, my body feels so much better so the 80 days are fewer and farther between.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
I'm glad I don't feel like I thought I would. I think my head is stuck on 30's. Now I can call the people in their 50's baby lol.

When I just get used to being what ever number I am, it's time to change it again. lol.

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-02-19, 01:15 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk (Intervals with Faithful Workouts Podcast)
Shaped by Faith: Pilates Abs

I loved doing walking intervals. I think I will sub this in for Jessica's HIIT & Abs day on a weekly basis. Good thing I got this done early because...

I've had a stressful day with 2 of my cats suddenly becoming quite ill with high fevers, not eating, vomiting, etc. The vet doesn't know why, so I'm praying the medicine she gave me helps. They are separated from the other 3 now, which is always difficult with cats!

Yes, another October baby here! I'm on the 26th.

Cheryl, what type of juicer did you have?

Donna, I'm really so glad to hear the good news about your mom. That would be wonderful if she goes to the Bible study. I'm glad your dad is doing better too, and that you are starting to come out of this season. Oh, and I'm glad I went back to Jessica. I do really like her, and her pace.

Carol, I remember loving that stretch too! Also, her "Traveler's Stretch" and "Central Park" were favorites, too.

Brenda, I hope you feel better soon. Yay for more workout space!

Waves to Cheri, Elle & Dana!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 02:15 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post

Yes, another October baby here! I'm on the 26th.

Cheryl, what type of juicer did you have?

!

Poor baby. It is a Huron.. very nice investment but I still don't want these things to conk out..

I sold my fitbit versa so now I can buy a new Masticating juicer for under $60

++++++++++

10-Minute solutions Pilates slim and sculpt Upper body. I felt it calling to me. lol.

So now I'm nicely tight. (at least for a few hours)

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-02-19, 02:20 PM  
Elle K

Hi Everyone -

Just a hectic weekend and very little Pilates -- feeling it! I finished a StepBet and am excited by my winnings. I couldn't do that continuously but it is very effective at boosting my average!

What is the difference between Pilates by Lisa, Pilates Nest and Jessica Valant?

Could any of you comment? I value VF for this!

Thanks! Hope you are having a healthy Wednesday!
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 02:26 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle K View Post
Hi Everyone -

Just a hectic weekend and very little Pilates -- feeling it! I finished a StepBet and am excited by my winnings. I couldn't do that continuously but it is very effective at boosting my average!

What is the difference between Pilates by Lisa, Pilates Nest and Jessica Valant?

Could any of you comment? I value VF for this!

Thanks! Hope you are having a healthy Wednesday!
a few dollars I looked at these also. I liked Jessica Valant because she was the first one I got to try for free.. She answered questions and was very active with the FB group.

Pilates by Lisa and the Pilates Nest, I didn't try. I looked but there was something I didn't like. I think they said Lisa does more than just pilates.

Smriti I think her name is on the Nest didn't do long enough but I think she had room echo. I'm sure the rest can go deeper on them as they did for me.

Very knowledgable people here to explain the real differences.
Smriti: just sent me this :

You have canceled your subscription to:

TRIBE Monthly Membership

14 day free trial, then $19.97 every 1 month (recurring)

We'll will miss you.

You will still have access to Tribe through the end of the billing period.

Please keep in mind by cancelling your membership, you are forgoing your current "locked-in” monthly or annual rate even if prices go up in the future.

If you would like to maintain your current membership and re-enroll, please respond to this email within 3 days and I can re

~~~Cheryl

Tags
feeling pretty remarkable