Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-19, 01:37 AM  
YogaGal

Kundalini Yoga for October 2019!

October had the tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised the world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.”
~ Sarah Guillory

Many of us are JUMPING for joy for the arrival of October with cooler days and beautiful fall colors. You are invited to JUMP into our check-in here this month to share your joys, struggles, questions, and perhaps miracles about your Kundalini practice.

This is a check-in thread for anyone who is trying to add regular Kundalini yoga to their lives (either as a sole form of exercise or along with other types of exercise). It doesn't matter if you're doing it with dvds, on your own, in live classes, etc. Anyone that wants to try adding regular kundalini to help achieve their goals of fitness, health and well-being is welcome (as well as those who are just interested in the possibility).

Sat Nam!
Old 10-01-19, 10:43 AM  
amg

Carolyn - Thanks for starting the new thread!

I just finished Kettlebell Lightning Upper and Lower Body Segments, then Yoga Quick Fixes (Tune In, Warm ups, Flexibility & Strength yoga set, Relaxation, Sa Ta Na Ma Meditation and Closing Prayer).

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 10-01-19, 12:49 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for starting us, Carolyn!

I promise to be more present this month -- get it, present?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

In anticipation of receiving Beautiful Breakthroughs, I finally finished Ultimate Stretch last night with this matrix:

~ tune in
~ a prana/mudra meditation (forget name)
~ warmups
~ Ultimate Stretch 2
~ relaxation
~ Guru Ram Das mantra
~ prayer

It was just what the doctor ordered. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-07-19, 11:19 AM  
amg

Today was Transformer - Tune In, Warmups, Transformer Set 1, Deep Relax, Chant and Closing Prayer
Old 10-07-19, 12:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried the new workout over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The music is very nice and I've always been partial to the white background.

i had to modify a couple - the one where you pump the leg three times behind you then pull it in (b/c of my wrists) and the plow pose. I haven't done plow in a long time and after my back injury a few months ago, it seems better to only approximate it until my back loosens up again. This one reminded me a little of Beauty Body in that it's better to just go through the whole program at once.

I think you could knock off minutes, if necessary, by skipping the relaxation and final mantra. But who would want to.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and welcome to a new week.
Old 10-08-19, 11:48 AM  
amg

Just finished Happy Hormones - Tune In, Warm Up 1, Happy Hormones Part 1, Shake Dance, Deep Relax, Mantra and Closing Prayer. It must be what I needed today because I feel much better.

Pat - Thanks for your review! I plan on buying the new dvd as soon as amazon has it.
Old 10-08-19, 01:59 PM  
Lannette

Hi everyone!

I’ve been pulling out some of my non-Raviana KY DVDs.

I’ve done May Fiennes Detox & Destress and Yoga for Real Beauty. I had previously never clicked with her but liked these well enough that I went to www.yogatech.com and purchased her 7 DVD Mantras set. It was $39.99 with free shipping and that seemed like a good deal.

Yesterday I did Raviana Beauty Body because I’ve been craving that practice. While I was doing it we had two guys in the basement doing maintenance on our heater. Yikes! I can only imagine what they thought if they could hear all the references to ladies parts and contracting rectums, sex organs and navels! I never even thought about it until midway through when I turned the sound way down.

This morning I did Mantra Girl’s Introductory practice. I love the music on this one. I forgot about the arm intensive set near the end of this one.

I’ve also been doing a second shorter daily practice with my family.

My new Raviana made it to New England! Unless it falls into another black hole it should be here by the end of the week.

I’m reading Introduction to Kundalini Yoga and Meditation by Guru Rattana. It’s available to read for free with kindle unlimited. I’m finding it to be very positive and uplifting. She has her students begin by practicing for 5 minutes. It’s really helped me feel more comfortable with being perfectly imperfect.

Thanks for the review Pat. I’m looking forward to trying it.

April, I really enjoy that particular Happy Hormones Mix.

Carolyn, Thanks for the new thread.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 05:07 PM  
amg

I didn't sleep well last night so it took everything in me to get to the yoga mat today. So, it was a short matrix from Lose Weight, Feel Great - tune in, energizing breath, start your engines, deep relax and closing prayer. I still felt exhausted afterwards. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Lynette - I love yoga beauty body. I was laughing at your story with the guys working in your basement. I don't even do the KY dvds when my family is home. I don't feel like I can concentrate on the practice in case they walk in wondering what I am doing.

Maya's Detox and Destress used to be one of my favorites when I needed to relax. I just looked and I haven't used that dvd since December 2016. I may try it out again tomorrow.
Old 10-10-19, 10:38 AM  
Lannette

Yesterday I did Yoga Cleanse Lighten Up and Purify. I really love this one!
We did another family session later in the day.

My Beautiful Breakthroughs DVD finally arrived. Part of our address was missing so the USPS wasn’t to blame. I did this workout this morning. I was tired so it was a good choice for a light day. To be honest I’m not sure what I think about this one. The chaptering is pretty much useless but I’m not sure where I’d split it anyway. I’ll probably do a full review on my blog at some point because I don’t want to break VF rules. I’m feeling quite conflicted about this one.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote