Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-19, 08:28 AM  
laurajhawk

Quick check-in today - I'll try to get back later for personals. We had a nice weekend with our grandson, carved pumpkins etc., didn't get in any yoga. After he went home last night, I did Gilad Express Chest and Arms. I meant to do LIIFT4 Back & Bis today but last night I couldn't sleep for about 2 hours and among all the crazy things I was thinking about, I noticed I was dreading that workout for some reason. I promised myself Sara's Yoga on the Edge instead and that helped me get to sleep. So I did the High Noon segment this morning; it was perfect. I'll walk the dogs but will miss the yoga class at work (teacher's last class ) for a lunch meeting with the big boss who's in from Atlanta.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 09:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good Morning! Happy Moan Day. :/ It was hard to come to work after a really nice weekend.

I started the day with my PT box steps program and standing band work. Later my son and I had a really special beach walk. We saw the bottom "legs" of a rainbow and quite a few shore birds.

He came home for a visit at my request. My sister has been upgraded to Hospice Palliative Care, home care for a housebound and very sick person who's not quite in need of end of life Hospice. We're all feeling a sense of urgency to get the family "adult kids" home for visits more regularly. DS and I had a very nice visit, solved all the problems of the world with sis and my BIL. It was good to see her so much more comfortable.

I'll come back later - groaning on Moan Day, blah.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 09:40 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I am so sorry about your sister-sending you hugs

Laura, thanks for the reminder of Yoga on the Edge. I have had that for ages and have not used it in a very long time.
I miss doing fun Halloween stuff with our son-he is twenty years old now. It sounds like you had a good time with your grandson

Jackie, I can't imagine having snow already.

Cyana, I have not tried the Spiralicious brand. Please post your thoughts if you try it. I am still using Shea Moisture. I'm glad I can buy it locally easily or order it online from Walmart or Target and get free shipping. I'm cheap! My son's girlfriend just started working at Ulta, and she gets a 25% off discount. I was going to check the price difference to see if it would be cheaper there with her discount, but they are expensive to begin with.

Hi to Margot and Donna.

Saturday I took a rest day. My back was cranky (sigh).

Yesterday I did 20 minutes of a Soul Sweat class and Yoga with Adriene Morning Yoga for Beginners.

This morning I did an hour Soul Sweat class. I AM going to do yoga later. I saw that Sarah Beth posted a new yin practice, so I may try it.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:16 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello everyone.

Snow is gone....we'll actually warm up a bit this week. I'm doing my new normal, sitting at Starbucks with dd while ds3 is at a class. She's working on math, I'm catching up on emails.

Monday is busy, I'm hoping to do Ellen again today as I've been a bit cranky lately and find her so pleasant.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say a quick hello!

I haven’t been doing any formal workouts of late, but getting in some walks here and there. I’ve also been getting in some yoga Nidra on Insight Timer, love Jennifer Piercy’s offerings.

My company is still here so it’s a busy house! Last night we all went to see Burton Cummings in concert. It was wonderful, lovely nostalgia for a group of Winnipeggers and former Winnipeggers! Today is our Thanksgiving so we will be having a traditional turkey feast with all the trimmings tonight. DH is going to sous vide turkey breasts so should be delish.

Pat - So sorry to hear about your sister. (((Hugs))) Glad you and your DH had such a good visit with her & your son was able to get home too.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:59 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, Happy Thanksgiving! I am glad you enjoyed the concert. My dh is a big fan.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 03:35 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Pat I missed the part about your sister. I am so sorry!

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 10-15-19, 07:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:
~ Day 14, timed meditation;
~ LWR 4 Minute Standing Abs workout;
~ Lunch walk;
~ PT

Thank you for the kind thoughts about my sister everyone. Stages of life ... they do go on.

Best to everyone!
Old 10-15-19, 09:51 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello!

Yesterday I did part of Gail's Barre Tone and Stretch, and a short Barre3 workout.

Tonight I teach a class.

Drippy and cold today in MN.

Old 10-16-19, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Brisk here, the heat came on by itself this morning. Yesterday featured:

~ Day 1 - timed meditation
~ intense reformer PT workout
~ Maya Fiennes Yoga for Real Beauty

Are there any fans of Maya Fiennes here? I struggled with YFRB last night only because (A) my arms were so sore from Pilates and there's a lot of arm pumping and circling; (B) I didn't allot myself enough time to relish the full 60 minutes. I kept thinking of things that had to get done. It's such a beautiful practice with uplifting music to help you get in the zone.

Everyone have a lovely day!