Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-03-19, 09:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~taught Essentrics
~20 min rebounding
~MFML: Hips, Hamstrings, & Low Back Maintenance - this is a stretchy reclined fave
~ETA headstand practice

No workout again yesterday. I slept in and then I vegged out in the morning before a major Costco run on the drive home to the house. Traffic was bad due to road construction here and there so I didn’t feel like doing anything. We are back to Victoria tomorrow for the weekend, I’ll be sooooo glad when we move in the spring so I don’t have to do that drive all the time!

Keep me in your thoughts next week please! I have an major onslaught of company starting on Monday for 12 days. One couple arrives then, one more on Thursday, last one on Friday. Next weekend there will be 8 of us in the house for Canadian Thanksgiving, all my nearest & dearest friends. But the constant stimulation is hard for me as I am one who needs solitary time. So I will be trying to take that time when I can. I plan to use Insight Timer a lot!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 07:33 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Popping in! I've been really busy with kids this week. Just a lot of running, appointments, etc. I've been teaching classes and not really getting in other workouts.

Hope you're all doing well.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 08:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!!!! Happy Friday!!!

Yesterday featured:
~ Meditation Day 3 - Jason Stephenson ASMR Meditation for Stress & Anxiety;
~ Reformer PT;
~ Yoga With Kassandra 30 Minute Yin Yoga for Relaxation & Stress Relief

I loved Jason's ASMR meditation so much that I created a new playlist just for him.

Tonight I'm looking forward to an "energy clearing" workshop at the yoga studio. I have an open mind that I may very well walk out thinking "that was interesting" without having experienced any overwhelming transformations. The presenter bills herself as an intuitive medium. The room will be laid out with crystal grids and we'll be learning about the subtle energy bodies, auras, etc. and then she'll do the clearings. I'm hoping the use of singing bowls will be incorporated. Lots of friends will be there so it should be fun.

Laura, your fifth chakra class sounds amazing. I've never been instructed on back of the throat or focusing on the hydoid bone. Thank you for checking out the new RaviAna and reporting on it right away. Hopefully mind will be here soon, it sounds good!

Pam, whoa that sounds like a lot of company and for a long time! Did they all have to travel far? Sending you energy for all that you have coming up.

Good to see you Jackie and Sherry, sending hellos to Margot and Cyana!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 08:46 AM  
laurajhawk

This morning I did Gilad's QuickFit Arms & Shoulders, and the Be Free set from RaviAna's Short Sets DVD.

Pat, the workshop sounds interesting. Report back, please!
Pam, that's a lot of people in your house! Insight Timer will be a help.
Sherry, I've never tried Soul Sweat but you're making me curious about it.
Hi Jackie, Margot, Cyana and anyone I've missed!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 07:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s WS Barefoot Fusion Sculpt - This was a no dread feel good workout
~Gaia: AMY4YW - Hip Openers
~headstand practice
~5 km walk in the city

Pat - Your workshop sounds wonderful! I want to hear all about it too.

Laura - Yes, I think Insight Timer might save my friendships, lol. And your 5th chakra class sounds amazing!

Jackie - Hope the weekend brings you some down time!

I hope the new job is going well Cyana!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-05-19, 08:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello again!

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s 6 Mile Mix: w/u, Upper Body Sculpt, & c/d
~7 km walk
~MFML: Love Your Neck, Shoulders, & Upper Back - another practice with Kristin Campbell, I really like her vibe

We spent the day with our eldest granddaughter....long walk, playground time, & lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory. DH worked as a waiter at the OSF in Winnipeg back in the 70s. Not gourmet, lol, but a sentimental fave & a great place to take kids. We had a fun day!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 10-06-19, 09:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sun Day!

Yesterday:
~ Day 5 - Jason Stephenson - Open the Magic Book;
~ RaviAna Beautiful Breakthroughs;
~ Beach walk

Well the workshop was fascinating. The woman's parents let the government study her when she was a child! She isn't "just" a medium, she has some kind of gift for seeing energy grids, magnetic fields. She has three science degrees and worked for the government in some kind of scientific capacity for a while.

You're thinking I got a tinfoil hat at the workshop, right?

It began with her clearing the room by "laying it with grids," energetic, not crystal grids like I make. She walked around the room telling some people specific info - a woman was having twins (she wasn't showing yet), another woman's little girl was always near her, told a man not to blame himself for something.

After that she gave each one of us individual attention, told us the color of our energy. She would put her hands on you, wave the air around you, count down from four and make a whooshing out breath like snuffing a candle. Then she would tell you what part of your body the energy was exiting from. At my turn she put her hands on my hips and said "oxidizing bones, oxidizing bones, fear is coming up the right side of your neck and out of your carotid artery," then did the clapping and whooshing thing. She said I have an amethyst grid and then said "let the visions happen." I see colors during meditation, body work etc. and depending on how deep I go, it can get to seeing insignificant things playing out behind my eyelids, like a short movie. So she must have sensed that.

Then she did her full room thing again and cleared away all the gunky energy that leaked out of us. 42 people, lots of gunk! Uncanny things were happening; at one point I suddenly began quietly crying to myself, and a split second later a woman on the other side of the room broke out in diaphragm wrenching sobs. It was uncomfortable. She did it again during her personal clearing and again after the workshop. At one point I smelled a faint acrid sent and at that moment she said "You may smell sulfur," and later I felt a cool breeze and suddenly it seemed like a mint smell in my nose and she said "you may be experiencing the menthol scent of the clear energy. The yoga studio isn't set up to be pumping in smells or sudden breezes, and she couldn't possibly have known all of our individual ailments, so it was pretty uncanny.
Old 10-06-19, 11:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~slow flow yoga class
~60 min float in the float tank, I did pretty well with meditating & clearing my mind for the week ahead
~9 km walk

Pat - Lol about the tin foil hat! Your workshop sounds like an amazing experience! I do believe some people are highly intuitive, crazy about the varying smells in the studio and strong emotional reactions. I’ve definitely seen people become emotional in a yoga class during deep hip openers. The collective energy in a group is powerful.

We head home tomorrow and my company starts arriving....wish me luck & send me some zen vibes!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 10-07-19, 08:17 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi, everyone!
On Saturday I went to vinyasa class with my yoga buddy; it wasn't Kim and although I like the teacher who was subbing generally, I got to wishing she'd stop talking for a bit. Yesterday I did a dog walk and Cathe Slow & Heavy back & biceps (mixing from different workouts to match the LIIFT4 splits); today was LIIFT4 chest & triceps. I'll walk the dogs and go to the yoga class at work.
Pat, that workshop sounds very interesting! And a cool experience for you.
Pam, sending you safe travel vibes and company zen vibes.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! And I am moaning, woke up with an awful sinus headache. Dang autumn leaves.

Curiously, I had a very open heart all weekend. Even if something aggravated me, I could feel space in my heart and aggravation would roll by the wayside. Yesterday featured:

~ Day 6 Two Insight Timer meditations (one guided, one the timer)
~ GYM for weights

Pam - good luck with your horde! I hope there is lots of fun and laughter.

Laura, sounds like you had one of those Chatty Cathy instructors, too.

Good morning to everyone.