Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-19, 09:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

October 2019 Yoga Cross Trainers: Autumn whispered to the wind.....

“Autumn whispered to the wind...
I fall; but always rise again.”
~Angie Weiland-Crosby

A warm October welcome to all!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. Many of us also enjoy meditation and Qi Gong.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It's pumpkin spice time! To tell the truth, adding pureed pumpkin and a little cinnamon to chili is as far as I go.

Does anyone have a good but healthy pumpkin pasta sauce?

Thank you for starting us and welcome home, Pam. I'm hoping not to have missed anything major in anyone's routine last month.

Cyana, congratulations and I hope your new position is rewarding (and they let you breathe occasionally).

Continuing to send hugs and any prayers to Donna.

I finished off September with:

~ Meditation Day 30 - Insight Timer;
~ PT;
~ LWR 7 Minute ~ Walking At Home;
~Sarah Beth Bedtime Yoga Stretch - Upper Body

And meditated every day of the month. I plan to continue!

Waves everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 10:38 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pat - Congrats on your month of meditation! How is your hand doing? I don’t have pumpkin recipes but I did make a lasagna with pumpkin in it once. It was quite tasty but you couldn’t really tell there was pumpkin in there.

I’ve caught my breath & recovered from Essentrics training & today we are off to the city to help DS & DIL with their move. They were in a duplex on a busy street with a very small yard & have bought a house in a quiet neighborhood with a lovely big yard. They’re pretty excited about it. So no formal workout for me today, hopefully I’ll get back at it tomorrow....

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 12:52 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, my hand is doing much better thanks - down to three or four Band-Aids, depending. Typing is still a wee bit clumsy. Congratulations to your DS and DIL on their new home! And congratulations to you as well, for finishing another round of Essentrics training.
Old 10-01-19, 06:28 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,
I'm sorry for not checking in. I did an hour of Soul Sweat on Sunday and Monday. I took a rest day today due to TOM and bad sleep.

I'll try to catch up on personals tomorrow.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hope you're feeling better Sherry.

Nothing to report, I conked out on the couch while reading after work. My first two days back wiped me out, partly my hand but mostly b/c "the dingbat" at the office called out for most of my time off plus Mon-Tuesday. So I inherited her piles and her job on top of my own waiting piles. Sorry to be a grouch! I have my own thoughts about her "sickness" but I'm doing my best not to be un-yogic and to keep all my Reiki principles to heart.

Happy Wednesday to everyone! Have a healthy, bendy and fit day!
Old 10-02-19, 03:12 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, thank you! I am feeling better today. I did an hour of Soul Sweat. The choreography was a little harder, but I made up my ow steps in some parts
I need to get back to separate yoga. These classes have ten minutes of yoga at the end. I will try using weights again after next week. I have my yearly physical and first colonoscopy next week (ugh!) and want to make it through those first before attempting weights again.

Pat-I'm so sorry about your PITA co worker! She just has a knack for taking off at the most inconvenient time on purpose. My MIL had a co-worker like that. She always managed to take vacation time near holidays or their busiest times of year, or come up with some mysterious medical malady spaced just far enough apart so she could claim disability for a few months and then come back, and repeat the cycle about a year and a half later. I think she would also take off on purpose after she had to cover for someone else just to punish them for daring to take time off! My MIL was very dedicated and hardly ever missed work, and this drove her crazy. I am glad your hand is doing better.

How is the chaptering on the new Ravi/Ana? I am disappointed at the lack of a matrix. I hope the chaptering is decent.

I will see if I can hunt down a pumpkin sauce recipe. I have not personally tried any because I think I'd be the only one who would eat it.

Cyana, how is your new job going? I hope you will have much more time to yourself once you are settled in.

Hi and hugs to Pam, Jackie, Margot and Donna. I hope I did not miss anyone.

Sherry

Old 10-03-19, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Only three of us are holding down the fort - we're second page news already!

Yesterday featured:
~ LWR 10 Minute Total Body Workout;
~ Matrix from RaviAna Ultimate Stretch

Also forgot to post my Days 1 and 2 meditation - awareness meditation (1) and a binaural beats music meditation on Insight Timer (2).

Sherry I haven't received my Beautiful Breakthroughs DVD yet. My tracking info simply says it is "in transit." Nice job on your 60 minute Soul Sweat class!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 10-03-19, 08:33 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pat! I hope your dvd arrives soon and you enjoy it. I am looking forward to your thoughts.

I did 45 minutes of a Soul Sweat class today. I am lower on energy today. I will do a long yoga practice tomorrow. I figured to protect my knees and back I need to only do long cardio two days in a row and then do yoga in between.
I am still getting in four cardio sessions, so that is fine.

Have a great day !

Sherry

Old 10-03-19, 08:45 AM  
laurajhawk

I really need to catch up - tonight or on the weekend I'll post my week and personals, but I don't want us on the second page AND I have good yoga to report!

Last night's advanced class with Kim: We're up to the fifth (throat) chakra. We did some fairly typical flow but with lots of cuing about "top of the throat back" which is like tucking the chin but less so, I think. She told us the position of the hyoid bone really affects the position of the inner organs, especially in plank and chaturanga. Interesting! And I think the cuing did help my alignment. We finished with a 10-minute shoulderstand, then plow/karma pidasana/fish, and when we came out of fish I swear I could've slept 10 hours right there, relaxation response kicked in like crazy. I had to drive 30 min home so by then I felt normal and stayed up for a while, but I slept SO WELL last night.

This morning, I did the new RaviAna! There is NO chapter menu and I forgot to go back and check whether there's internal chaptering. It turns out I probably wouldn't break this one up anyway, so I won't mind that. It is a nice, well-rounded, moderate practice - some new variations but nothing crazy, and the physical practice is about 40 minutes. The whole thing is 52 min. There's a guided meditation in savasana, and then a chanting kriya that I liked. Overall it's a good one.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote