Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-30-19, 08:58 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

October Essentrics and Classical Stretch Check In! Please join us.

I got antsy and decided to start the October check in! Please join us whether you include Ess/CS with other workouts or it's all you do!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 09:01 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I walked my dog, and did a couple episodes from seasons 6 and 8.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 09-30-19, 09:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Jackie, thanks for starting off the new month!

I am freshly home from three days of live Essentrics teacher training in Vancouver with Meg Feeney. I learned a lot, it was a great experience! We worked and broke down PCW 1 and went through every segment and trademark in detail.

Today was a long walk, we’re enjoying lovely sunny weather here. I did a nice long yin yoga stretch after my walk.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 09:01 AM  
flowerpotcat

Hi all! May I join the check-in again? It's been awhile since I've logged on VF. I still keep my Essentrics TV subscription but have fallen off the wagon for some time.

Today I did Class of 2012, just the standing portion.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 10:09 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Flowerpotcat! We'd love to have you. I always like Class of 2012.

I taught a class tonight.

Old 10-01-19, 11:10 PM  
anetta

I did an episode that I had on dvr from season 12-Can't remember which number and then did my bike ride while it is hot

I love the hot weather-we are about 20 degrees above normal.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:34 AM  
Izzy

Hello, Hello. Welcome to October.

September 30: CS811, 1 1/2 hours yard work, CS812, QiGong/30 day challenge Days 16 and 17
October 1: 1 hour walk.

I hope all is well.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 07:31 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I taught a class yesterday.

Lately I've been playing around with older seasons looking at the trademarks that Miranda does. Amazing how much the method has changed in the last couple years.

Old 10-06-19, 07:40 AM  
boundingaway

HI Everyone! Life has been so busy lately!
So, after a ridiculous amount of procrastination I finally sent in my Level 2 test materials and just found out I PASSED!! yay yay yay!

Heather Corey was my test examiner. We are going to discuss the exam comments later this week. Her written comments were very kind.

This was such a lovely boost. I've been trying to memorize PreCho 8 (which is similar to my absolute fave ETV class with Alexa). I'm teaching the floor ending first but then will change to the barre ending. I haven't yet taught barre in a Essentrics class but realize that I'll have to know it for the Level 3 exam.

Hugs all round!
Old 10-06-19, 08:53 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
HI Everyone! Life has been so busy lately!
So, after a ridiculous amount of procrastination I finally sent in my Level 2 test materials and just found out I PASSED!! yay yay yay!

Heather Corey was my test examiner. We are going to discuss the exam comments later this week. Her written comments were very kind.

This was such a lovely boost. I've been trying to memorize PreCho 8 (which is similar to my absolute fave ETV class with Alexa). I'm teaching the floor ending first but then will change to the barre ending. I haven't yet taught barre in a Essentrics class but realize that I'll have to know it for the Level 3 exam.

Hugs all round!
Congratulations, Julie! Level 2 is such a fun level...all the ins and outs with the trademarks. Heather is really a lovely person....I think she may be the first to have been teaching Essentrics/CS in the states and has so much experience. Fun sense of humor too. I met her at Level 2 teacher training in Colorado.