Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-19, 04:00 PM  
SandyO

That wind is scary hard. Time to stay under the blanket and watch a movie with your dog.

I have some sharp pain in my upper left back that's worst when I exhale. It was screaming doing pilates. I rolled along it with the Alpha ball, and it seemed better for a while. Maybe a good night sleep will fix it.

Sandy O
Old 10-11-19, 04:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Sandy, that's what I was thinking! It's up to 22 now. We just did a short quick walk. Not sure he was loving it either. He kept looking back at me. Maybe he thought I was crazy??

I hope your back shapes up. I popped a rib out of place (my words, not the chiropractor's) twice a few years ago and it hurt like crazy sort of toward midline from my shoulder blade. Hope that's not what you did!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 07:52 AM  
SandyO

It's still the same today, so I will probably take a complete rest day. Since it hurt a lot doing pilates yesterday, I imagine doing Jillian Ripped in 30 workout 4 today would be even worse.
Old 10-12-19, 08:22 AM  
buffmama

Had to fight with myself to do something this AM. My left hammy is tight so I didn't do too much. Jessica had SL DL - kept back leg down and felt it the whole time. Will try and get some movement/yoga in later.
Old 10-13-19, 11:57 AM  
SandyO

My back is improving. I hope it's totally good for next weekend. I can't believe my trail half is next Sunday.

Dry trails and no rain are my hope...we'll get out Saturday for some hiking, so we'll have an idea what we're in for.

Sandy O
Old 10-14-19, 09:37 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I ran 7.18 mi at 3:1 intervals. I cut 3 minutes off my time from last week for this route and even jogged all the way up the hill, no extra walking. I was pretty excited! Temp was 40 degrees when I started. Finished with my usual Yoga for Runners post-run practice.

Yesterday I spent the day with a couple friends making Halloween goodies. We had a lot of fun. Hubby and I just had a nice lazy day on Saturday while it snowed. It stuck a little here and there but melted quickly.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 07:50 AM  
buffmama

Good job on the run Vannie! I'm putting out good weather and back vibes for you Sandy.
Old 10-15-19, 07:50 AM  
SandyO

Not to jinx it, but the weather for this weekend in Duluth has shifted, so the rain holds off till we should be driving home!

The back pain is still lingering. In general I don't notice it, but it barks out of the blue.

I want to get another run at M-H this week and finish Ripped in 30 w/o 4. I'm thinking Wed for the run and Thur for Jillian. Today will be a light day because I have the dentist at noon, and Friday will be a mad scramble to get stuff done before heading up to Ali's to go to Duluth.

ETA: buff and I posted at the same time, but I answered her comments without even knowing them.

Also Barlates is starting a new Target Series...Target 15.

Sandy O
Old 10-15-19, 07:57 AM  
SandyO

buff, how did yesterday's run feel? Any knee issues? Have you seen the PT who analyzed your gait again?

Vannie, are you making the 10k a long weekend hiking?

Sandy O
Old 10-15-19, 09:40 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
buff, how did yesterday's run feel? Any knee issues? Have you seen the PT who analyzed your gait again?

Sandy O
My knee felt fine but I was acutely aware of why I don't run midday...hello lift week 1! I was hesitant and make buffboy go with me. The pace was hurting him! PT said my L leg is longer and seems to swing out when I run. Once she pointed it out I can feel it. Not sure there is much I can do other than strengthening everything. I can still feel my hammie at my bammie and knee sometimes and I'm not sure it I'm supposed to or not. Doing my exercises I feel stronger but things like SL DL and split squats bring it to light. I see the PT (same as last time) Thurs and am thinking about doing the 6 hour as a walk with a 5 mile run aiming for 20 miles total. I would learn the course and see if it's something I should consider going forward. I also need to consider just how much of a base I would need before working on mileage for a marathon to avoid injury. Running through the winter is unlikely for me.

I'm looking at NROL Supercharged and Strong (new NROL for Women) and have Abs coming from the library. Life and Supercharged have templates and you choose your exercises from a list arranged by level. I like that since I can adapt it to working out at home by avoiding things I don't have. Strong has set templates and more cardio. I can do additional cardio the 4 days a week I'm not scheduled to do NROL and back squats aren't happening based on equipment. Life is very approachable but I am interested in seeing what the differences are.