Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-19, 08:01 AM  
Vantreesta

I finally worked out again yesterday. I did a new to me one, Crunchless Abs Total Body Sculpting, which was short and could make use of my Hoist weight stack now that I know what the exercises are. Then I did another short one, Rodney Yee Yoga Core Express, which according to the index card I had only done once before, in 2011. I skipped treadmill hills as I was not in the mood plus was meeting friends for lunch and didn't want to rush to not be late. I haven't run since last Tuesday before everything happened and haven't done a long run since the Saturday before that. I need to do a long one today.

Most of my Halloween stuff is up. Hubby mowed last night so I can put the gravestones and rest of the outside stuff up today after I run. It's supposed to be 71 today and down to a high of 39 on Friday with a chance of snow!

Buff, I'm struggling with running motivation right now too. Having a hard time leaving the house without Cyric but he hasn't run since March so i don't think i should be taking him on long runs! I need to start doing short ones with him though. It all just takes so much mental energy.

Sandy, we should find a time to get together. Maybe after our races?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 03:09 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Sandy, we should find a time to get together. Maybe after our races?
That will be move crunch time, but I'll find time for a lunch or dinner with my Vannie.

I'm having a hard time turning off my brain at night, so I either just get up really early rather than toss and turn, one night I took a PM, and last night I tossed and turned 2-3 am, went and cooked some things for today, and then finally slept a couple of hours in the basement.

Sandy O
Old 10-08-19, 04:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Sandy, just whenever works for you. Maybe the last week before you move would be better, when things are packed up? Sorry you're having troubles sleeping.

This morning I dawdled, not wanting to leave Cyric, but I finally got out the door for my longest run ever. I did 3:1 intervals for 7.16 miles! I didn't hit the hill till 4.6 miles and only was able run a minute up it then had to walk. After I ate smthg I did YFR from memory plus extra hip stretches. This afternoon hasn't been great though.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-09-19, 08:19 AM  
buffmama

Worked with a different PT yesterday and really felt I got something out of it. She said no halfs before Jan, 4 months build ups to a marathon and that I shouldn't stop running - but to vary the distance. She video'ed me running and said my left leg was swigging out instead of coming forward so we worked on that movement. I was there over an hour vs the 20 min with the other PT. New exercises we did: SL stepping over a step, SL wall squat with ball between hip and wall and leg closest to the wall bent, SL squat on an uneven surface, ball roll outs with feet under ball and with hands under ball. My home exercises were altered slightly, but of course being a vidiot I'm doing more exercises from our session and I modified some things so that I feel it more. Bridges I did with my feet on a wall, instead of lying quad lifts with ankle weights I did them standing with a band, I'm sticking with the Bulgarians since I hate them so much. It's supposed to rain all week but the weekend looks OK to get a run in.

Vannie - Good job on your run. Those long ones always feel like such an accomplishment.

Sandy - Any chance breaking bigger jobs into smaller ones with weekly goals will calm your mind? I know when I have a lot to do I just want it done. Focusing on each bit helps to see that you're closer to getting it done.

ETA: Looking into NROL(for?), Robert dos Remedios' Cardio Strength and Strong Curves. Won't start Strong Curves until after PT to prevent overkill. If I focus on large muscles I'm more likely to get everything in and I believe these are 3 days a week. PT stressed cross training and low impact moves, so that is something I need to remember instead of getting locked into any one program.
Old 10-09-19, 11:58 AM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did the upper body segment of Rodney Yee's 1515-Minute Results Yoga and then a virgin, Jillian Michaels Lift & Shred workout 1. It's a heavy weight workout and I liked it a lot. I stayed lighter bc I haven't been lifting much but definitely could go heavier. Hoping to find time later to do the other planned workouts for today.

Thanks, buff! I was surprised that it didn't feel quite as hard as I expected!

Old 10-10-19, 07:37 AM  
buffmama

Broke my lightest loop band this AM (and it was supposed to be a good one) which means all my firewalker exercises just got harder.
Old 10-10-19, 08:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Maybe it's a sign you were ready for more, buff!

I'm feeling tired again today. And I was sitting here wondering, why am I trying so hard to get up at 6:30 on weekdays if I'm not working??? I was actually out of bed at 6:20 the last two days. True I enjoyed a more relaxed morning but perhaps more sleep would be a better use of time!

Old 10-11-19, 06:55 AM  
buffmama

Finally a day where I feel like I got a good total body workout!
Old 10-11-19, 07:12 AM  
Vantreesta

Yay, buff!

Nothing for me yesterday. Just couldn't find my mojo.

Old 10-11-19, 12:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Sigh. I couldn't get myself to run in the 15+ mph winds or on the tm. Monday and Wednesday = RUN somewhere, somehow, some way!!