Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 08:49 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have a reformer and it just sits there. I need to start using it and this thread it making me think I need to get it out.
I can relate! I think for me, its a matter of too little time for too many fitness activities that I enjoy.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 10:45 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I have never heard of reformer pilates
I thought that is where it comes from. I had a reformer. Again, bought it. didn't like it. but the reason for not liking it was it was in the basement. I don't like the basement. It's cold, damp, and no color paint I put on the wall made me like going down there any more.

But I do remember taking a reformer class in Boston and boy did I love that. then they were selling them like popcorn on the internet. Got one from Balanced Body..

You may like i, find a studio and give it a try.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 10:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Gale, sadly we don't have any chain studios like Club Pilates here. There are a couple of studios but I'll have to investigate if I can realistically afford the classes.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 11:12 AM  
Lannette

I’ve actually been using my Cadillac and Pilates Arc more than my Reformer lately but do intend to get back to it and my chair. I purchased some Pilates Avatar audio streams and like them quite a bit. I enjoy Classical Pilates and I find I don’t need to see what the instructor is cuing. It can actually be distracting.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 04:13 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Lanette, Pilates Avatar was not on my radar. I might try one of their workouts. I like that the workouts are purchased, and not just monthly streaming. Thanks for letting me know about it!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 05:31 PM  
Lannette

You’re welcome Gale. It is classical Pilates. There are some free downloads so you can see how it works. She had at one point offered percentage discounts from time to time but recently moved to discounted bundles.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 09-09-19, 07:32 PM  
furmomof6

I have a home reformer and haven't used it as much as I thought I would, or as much as I'd like. I think my issue is that I haven't found an online instructor whose classes I enjoy as much as taking reformer classes in person. I recently started using it about once a week again using Robin Long's reformer workouts, and most recently I tried Carrie Pages's site. I'm not crazy about either. I'm thinking of just putting on some music and doing my own thing on it.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 07:40 PM  
Lannette

Andrea Maida has some Classical Reformer workouts on YouTube.

Old 09-10-19, 07:25 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
Taiga, are you doing the reformer at home?
I have the box, tramp, pole and the Stott DVDs. I think I'm going to get them out to review tomorrow. I really have no excuse!
Sorry for the late reply--my internet has been down since Saturday

I do my workouts at home (Stott SPX commercial reformer). I do have a stability chair, arc barrel and spine corrector as well and tend to mix things up to keep it fresh. I still like the Stott reformer dvds, which have come down in price over the years. I bought mostly used copies off Amazon so very affordable. I often wish I had more space so I could keep my "studio" in one room. As it is, I can only have 1 piece of large equipment in my workout space (unless my husband is traveling, then the playground is open ). I dream of having a ladder barrel but not likely to happen. However, I feel very fortunate to have a quality reformer (saved for quite a while) and there are endless ways to add variety. I have found some great stuff on youtube.

Tags
pilates, pilates reformer, pilates reformer videos, pilates streaming, reformer workouts