Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-06-19, 06:53 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, I did the eye dilation once before and I had to drive too. It was awful. I was just glad I didn’t have to drive to far to get home.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 10:02 AM  
AnMrsDe

Hi Cher! Great to see you posting again. I, too, was glad I didn't have far to drive, but I think I acquired additional Crow's Feet by squinting so much! I hope I don't have to repeat that for awhile!//How is your DS doing? Is he back at school? How has his anxiety been?

TGIF!! Have a great weekend, all!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:16 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, my DS is doing okay. He is living back here at home since he graduated in April. He is now looking for a job. He is working temporarily at the company that he interned at the past 2 summers but there is not a permanent job open there. Hopefully he will find something soon. His anxiety is a lot better for now.
Old 09-07-19, 04:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Oh, oops, I'm sure you told us your DS graduated, Cher, but I forgot. Glad to hear he's doing well. That job will come about! It is tough out there, however, finding them. My DS just changed jobs in June after working at his previous job since he was an intern while in college. He actually is liking going to work again (and coming home to a new-to-him condo)! So tell him not to give up!

Clerkin, I have that Cathe Live Legs For Days w/o on my rotation next week! Sounds incredible!!! Am I to assume the DOMS last for days????

Hi to all~~~~
Old 09-09-19, 06:15 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Oh, oops, I'm sure you told us your DS graduated, Cher, but I forgot. Glad to hear he's doing well. That job will come about! It is tough out there, however, finding them. My DS just changed jobs in June after working at his previous job since he was an intern while in college. He actually is liking going to work again (and coming home to a new-to-him condo)! So tell him not to give up!
Thanks I will tell him. . He had a second interview Friday for one place and has a phone interview tomorrow for another place. Hopefully he’ll get something soon.
Old 09-09-19, 12:43 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
8 - YT Pahla Bowers Weight Loss Cardio for Women over 50--this was my first time with Pahla--and the CHATTER! I liked the workout (a nice 27 min light sweat for a Sunday) and she seems like a nice person, but she didn't stop talking for one second! I even liked her message (which, of course, I've heard before: after a certain age, you can still DO the intense workouts, but your body 1) doesn't recover as quickly; and 2) perceives the intense workout as stress. Both of these factors can cause your body to hang onto weight.) All that said, I'll probably try her again. Also did Day 12 of Lee Holden's 30 Day Qi Gong Challenge.
Haha! That's exactly what I thought about Pahla also! Some of the things I agree with; some I don't. The one you pointed out, I do agree with her...very true. But she DOES pass the time when I was doing my own thing on the Treadmill....she keeps your mind off the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
September
Let's do this!!!

6) Cathe Live Legs for Days - Wow!! In this one, Cathe uses a step with no risers, weights, a loop and a ball. The focus of the workout is to work on your range in the exercises so not super heavy weights. First two rounds of weights using the step platform and loop are not too bad. The third round was tough! But since it was the last round of weights etc, you just push through. Then side leg lifts on the ball, inner thigh lifts, ball roll ins, etc. I managed to burn over 500 calories and got 59 minutes of cardio according to my fitbit. But it wasn't a cardio workout! This went right into my favorites - tough, doable, different, fun. All the things I love about Cathe Live.
<snip>
8) I wanted to do some kind of light weight or mobility workout today and since I'm easily influenced by posts here, I decided to try the 30 free days of Flowliftfitness.com. The workout I did was very good for mobility and it was pretty challenging too - but I went slower than they did. Not that they were going super fast, but I'm not very flexible and I feel like my legs are too long compared to my torso so some moves are really hard for me to do. Some moves I just can't do. Some moves are not meant for tall people I'm pretty sure. But I was both sweaty and relaxed at the end. The only thing I didn't like is that it was hard to hear what they were saying so I had to keep looking at the tv - not easy when you're basically playing a game of twister.
You did a fabulous job of describing Cathe Live and I totally agree!

Sounds interesting. I haven't heard of that site and googled it. Looks like a little of Buti, TA, and Dream Body wrapped into one. :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Thanks I will tell him. . He had a second interview Friday for one place and has a phone interview tomorrow for another place. Hopefully he’ll get something soon.
Good luck to him!//Hope your knee gets to feeling better....

CharM, are you just doing a random rotation this month? No color-coded focus?

Have a great week!
Old 09-10-19, 08:37 AM  
AnMrsDe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHER!!!!

Hope you have a great day!!!
Old 09-10-19, 11:30 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!!! CHER

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 12:42 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Happy Birthday Cher!!!!
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 02:03 PM  
CharM

Happy Birthday, Cher! I hope your knee has been feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
CharM, are you just doing a random rotation this month? No color-coded focus?
ha! No colors, numbers, or alphabet this month, but I might think of something for next month.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jtwo, just the workouts, sprawl