Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-19, 05:56 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
How's it going for everyone? I've gotten a bit off track, I went away for a few days and I also had a few days of not feeling great. I've only been working out 3-4 days over the last couple of weeks and not doing a good job writing down my workouts. I just did some dance fitness stuff tonight but I'll get back to Ballet Body (plus other stuff) tomorrow.
Good morning ladies!

Checking in to share that I completed Phase 2 of Leah’s DVD Rotation this morning. I’m pleasantly surprised to have gotten this far. Next week is active recovery during which I plan to do a recheck of my alignment, which I believe has benefited from this work. SIJ and wonky Sternoclavicular joint feeling rock steady. (Hope I didn’t just jinx myself )

Hotncmom: What dance are you using these days? I’ve been using dancy Bellicon freestyle or T-Tapp Step away the inches because it really helps my muscle recovery.

Beth: That Iron Barre Rotation sounds great! Where would you put it as far as difficulty say compared to the first month of BB Periodization #1 or the Total Body DVD?

Have a great week ladies!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I'm doing the Iron Barre beginner rotation and walking. I'm really enjoying it and not beating myself up over the days I don't have time to workout. I am trying to walk daily though and may add on a trial of Dancebody. That looks like it would be a nice combination with Iron Barre.

~Beth
How long are the workouts? Are they impossibly difficult - can you compare them to other Leah workouts in terms of difficulty?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 05:01 PM  
hotncmom

Beth: I am also very interested in hearing about the Iron Barre beginner rotation!

Lannette: Congratulations on completing Phase 2! Are you getting tired of the DVD's?

For dance cardio, I am alternating between Cize (Beachbody) and Shine Dance Fitness. I paid for a month of Shine premium level to get the individual song tutorials. I really like it! I also just discovered (through a mention on here in an old thread) a Youtube channel called Refitrev that has a ton of current songs with simple but interesting choreography.

Dancebody cardio is just too much jumping and the choreo is mostly too hard for me. I like stuff I can just do (or mostly do). I'm not getting a good workout if I'm standing there trying to figure out what to do! I like the Sculpt classes but I'm having some issues with the streaming freezing up on me, so I'm not sure if I'll continue after the first paid month. Although, I find Katia Price very motivating, because she looks so amazing (but is also probably 20 years younger too, so there's that). But I can follow on Instagram for free.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 06:51 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Lannette: Congratulations on completing Phase 2! Are you getting tired of the DVD's?
Thanks so much for sharing your cardio. I will check out the YouTube cardio you mentioned.

By the end of 4 weeks I was ready to see Total Body off the schedule for a while.

I’m not tired of the three parts DVDs because you only actually do each one 4 times over four weeks and I actually enjoy the LB and Core DVDS. I don’t hate UB but it’s still tough, doable but tough and the toughest part for me comes early. The weights are much easier and I should have moved up to 4# weights but I was just feeling stubborn. I have gotten stronger but not less stubborn!

Now I’m super ready for Active Recovery but also curious as to how Total Body is going to feel (I kind of miss it.) and how the dvds will feel back to back - I did LB and Core back to back this week as a test and it was fine.

I don’t know if I’ll make it for Four Weeks! I’m just going a week at a time but will be open to changing the rotation up if I need to. I’m not a spring chicken anymore so every week I finish feels like a celebration!

And, of course despite being partially retired my massage practice heated up - two new clients, one weekly one twice weekly so my UB has been slammed but I’m handling it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 03-28-19, 04:25 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
How long are the workouts? Are they impossibly difficult - can you compare them to other Leah workouts in terms of difficulty?

Carol
Bumping this so Beth will hopefully see it.

Last edited by Lannette; 03-28-19 at 07:24 PM. Reason: I don’t know where that typo came from!
Old 03-28-19, 07:06 PM  
hotncmom

Do you mean Beth? What a typo!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-19, 07:26 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Do you mean Beth? What a typo!
OMG! Yes! I swear I have no idea where that came from. I just edited it. is right! Sorry Beth!

Old 03-28-19, 08:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
OMG! Yes! I swear I have no idea where that came from. I just edited it. is right! Sorry Beth!
I saw that earlier and went !

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 03:30 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
I saw that earlier and went !

Carol
I still feel awful about it. I still have no idea how it happened. I’m always complaining aloud to myself about “stupid” autocorrect but I wasn’t using Siri - I actually don’t know how to use Siri.

Again, my apologies to anyone who read that post, especially Beth. And now I’ll bow out.

Old 03-30-19, 09:56 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:

Carol
Hey, I have a new job and haven't been online so I missed the typo And no worries, whatever it was, Lol.

Okay, I think the beginner Iron Barre is easier than her DVDs and BB. But then again, keep in mind that nothing Leah puts out is really easy, does that make sense? That woman is super strong. The workouts run around 30 minutes and are total body rotation. They are segmented so that you could do them in splits or add on additional exercises. I can keep up with her pretty well for the lower body workouts and I sure do feel them for the next few days. As for the upper body I usually can't complete all the sets or reps, due to the creativity of what she is doing. So if I still don't feel as "worked out" as I normally would with traditional weighted isolated exercises, I will add a few of those on. You could add on anyone you like for upper body, and I typically will pull some of Joyce Vedral's paper workouts for upper. I figure as I get stronger, then maybe I can start completing more of Leah's upper workouts.

Lannette, I remember you being pretty strong in upper body so you probably wouldn't have those issues. Overall, I really love Iron Barre and keep going back to it after the excitement of a new release from someone else is over. She continually holds my interest. I'm thinking about adding on Dancebody for cardio and haven't gotten around to doing a trial of them yet.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, iron barre, leah sarago