Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-17, 03:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat58 View Post
hi carla, my suggestion would be to ease in with short sessions. So many 20 minute options/compilation videos out there. And youtube is replete with free yoga - so much so i get overwhelmed by the choices.

then you can get the glow back and see what develops. Welcome back to the mat.
+1

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 03:36 PM  
sherry7899

I'll keep suggesting the following you tube channels for yoga:

Yoga TX
Yoga by Adrienne
Yoga Su
Yoga Upload
Yoga with Kassandra
Flow with Adee
Yoga by Candace

They all have practices that are twenty minutes or less. They include a lot of beginner and therapeutic practices, and practices for when you want to do yoga but don't want to work too hard

Enjoy!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 05:48 PM  
bubbles76

What helped me establish a daily yoga routine was doing a little bit every day. And I mean a LITTLE bit -- I started off doing the DoYouYoga 30 Day Challenge. After that, I was hooked! I do yoga nearly every day now -- one hour on Monday, one hour on Thursday, and at least 10 minutes the other days.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 05:55 PM  
lynnf

youtube: sarah beth yoga (and she has weekly or 30 day challenges)

https://www.youtube.com/user/SarahBethShow
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 10:33 PM  
Genevieve M

I saw a yt video where a yoga teacher used the word 'ohm' to quiet a crying infant. It worked! Would love for other yoga-loving moms out there to test this theory and get back to us.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-17, 07:13 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
What helped me establish a daily yoga routine was doing a little bit every day. And I mean a LITTLE bit -- I started off doing the DoYouYoga 30 Day Challenge. After that, I was hooked! I do yoga nearly every day now -- one hour on Monday, one hour on Thursday, and at least 10 minutes the other days.
I love this idea. I checked out the website and the short 10 minute segments might be what I need to get me up and actually doing it. They are SHORT! I can probably talk myself into 10 -15 minutes. I think I'm going to do this!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-17, 07:22 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
For me, it's easiest to establish a routine when there's a set rotation that provides some variety. For that, I would start with Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week (5 practices, about 25 minutes). When that gets old/too easy/you want variety, get Eoin's Blissology (6 practices, each with a "quickie" and "full" routine ... quickies are under 45 min, full under an hour). Then maybe 30for30 or Ultimate Yogi or another of the Udaya sets... Of course, as you progress, you can always go "back" to other sets for variety or when you're short on time, like substituting AMYFYW Backbends for UY Backbends.

The morning thing, yeah. I'm stiffer in the morning too and can't do yoga as "well" as later in the day, but it really helps me get past the stiffness. The instructors I mentioned give good modifications and you should do what feels right each day, not focus on "improving" (you will improve anyway).
I like your progression suggestions, Laura, and I have all of these sets!
Old 08-04-17, 07:23 AM  
CarlaVeg

Thank you ALL for your replies.... I didn't even know about all those youtube channels and dvds mentioned here. I will check them out and start with short routines!!!!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-17, 07:42 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
I saw a yt video where a yoga teacher used the word 'ohm' to quiet a crying infant. It worked! Would love for other yoga-loving moms out there to test this theory and get back to us.
I wish I knew that 28 years ago. I could have seriously used it. Child #2 would never stop crying. He turned out to be a very happy boy/and now man; but that first year.........nothing, and I mean nothing made him happy.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-17, 09:32 AM  
momofcha

This thread has inspired me to pull out my Yoga 30in30. I did Restore the other day and it felt amazing. I have been on a path of working out less for the past couple of weeks. I'm trying to lessen inflammation and just feel better - I think yoga is just what I need. I'm going to try and do 3 yoga practices/week from yoga 30in30, adding in 1 strength. All of the workouts I'm focusing on are 30 minutes.

Wish me luck and thanks for this post!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
namaste yoga, restarting, yoga