Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-17, 02:50 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
I took the plunge and signed up for PBL. I'm done my 10 day free trial and am continuing on. I do love it. We'll see how long it keeps my interest. And I'm discovering that Pilates is not easy, so that helps with missing the intensity workouts. I do feel a lot better, and I'm sleeping better! I feel "tighter" too

Stacey
Awesome, Stacey. And the good thing is there are tons of things out there so you never have to be tied to one style or type of exercise.
Old 05-19-17, 03:14 PM  
donnamp

great news, Stacey!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 06:07 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Great thread! I jumped on the PBL on New Years Eve during her 'sale' and it has been a good move health-wise. I'm just not one of those fortunate ladies who can keep pushing impact and intensity.....late last year it seemed that every joint hurt and I just had to stop with heavy weights. So, I went with Lisa. She is very talented at setting up moves and giving form pointers at just the right time. She reminds me of Erich Schiffmann in this way. My joints have greatly improved and I overall feel better. Not perfect but better. She also has therapeutic workouts....I've done her patellofemoral workout regularly and it has definitely made a difference.

But I hear you....I miss my old workouts and have started doing some other things on weekends, Firms mostly and so far it's been okay. But the Pilates is most likely to be the smart, long-term ticket for me....

I hope you enjoy!
Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 06:13 PM  
donnamp

I found another site today - You Tube:

LindaFit Pilates:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUQ...Ta2Ys37RwDrTWA

Donna
Old 05-21-17, 03:25 PM  
desie

I just found Pilates Strong by Lorene Pesacreta and it looks to be really good. Slow, good form pointers. She is relatively new to you-tube, she has done 11 videos in 3 months. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWl...IntoI2Q/videos
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-17, 07:39 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I just found Pilates Strong by Lorene Pesacreta and it looks to be really good. Slow, good form pointers. She is relatively new to you-tube, she has done 11 videos in 3 months. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWl...IntoI2Q/videos
I checked out the back and triceps video and it looks great. Thanks for the link!
Old 05-22-17, 06:30 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks, everyone, for posting these links!! My plan is to get in around 20 minutes of Pilates daily as I build up my strength. I already have a number of 20 min DVD routines but the greater variety, the better.

Pilates by Lisa does look awesome - and I love your story Cheri - but I'll save that for when I'm stronger and my practice is truly habitual.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 06:39 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I used to love Andrea's Pilates Perfect Body so I bet this is a good option.
I have that DVD, along with the Pilates Fix DVD Andrea made with Kristen, Trim Tighten Tone. I really like them! I'm happy to learn they have a YouTube channel (it never occurred to me to check). Thanks, AF!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 08:33 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks, everyone, for posting these links!! My plan is to get in around 20 minutes of Pilates daily as I build up my strength. I already have a number of 20 min DVD routines but the greater variety, the better.

Pilates by Lisa does look awesome - and I love your story Cheri - but I'll save that for when I'm stronger and my practice is truly habitual.
Absolutely. There is no one size fits all instructor. And Lisa does have some freebies on her site you can enjoy.
Old 05-29-17, 05:43 PM  
donnamp

I found another - Trifecta Pilates -

I really need to make a list of all these as there are lots more than I previously thought

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy...WwY-XG7VOlYdfg

Donna

Tags
pilates, youtube pilates