Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-16, 09:25 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

PHA Training

Did this today and thought it was a nice workout...although short and incomplete. If a workout is going to come in at 45 min, something gets short changed. In this case it was chest and back. And, there is no core workout.

I also thought her weight choices for lower body were pretty light given that everything was only twelve reps, so I adjusted accordingly.

I added on my own core workout and chest and back afterward and felt like it was a workout I would use again.

I have done the PHA workouts on Cathe Live and find this easier than those if I recall correctly. But these workouts can be easy or hard depending on weight choices.

Music was not memorable IMO. Cathe and crew look great!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 01:30 PM  
Daffie

I'm sorry not a review....my case was cracked and pieces fell of when I unwrapped. You think any success with getting a recplacement? I posted on Ask Cathe. I don't see a customer service phone number.

Thanks,
DaFfie

Edit: In email contact with Cathe support
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 01:33 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Sorry to hear you had a broken case DaFfie! I would try to contact them at support@shopcathe.com. Hopefully they can get you a new set out soon!

The Cathe Strong and Sweaty User's Guide is now ready for download!

http://cathe.com/sands
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 02:11 PM  
suzannaerin

High knees instead of burpees is a good idea, thanks!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 03:30 PM  
upperwside

I did Total Body Giant Sets this morning. I really enjoyed it. I went heavy and got a great strength workout with the heart rate up as a bonus. Really works the legs good.. love the leg moves in this one. Very happy.. felt great after and fully worked out. I like having a total body strength workout in a short time!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 08:19 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
I'm sorry not a review....my case was cracked and pieces fell of when I unwrapped. You think any success with getting a recplacement? I posted on Ask Cathe. I don't see a customer service phone number.

Thanks,
DaFfie

Edit: In email contact with Cathe support

When STS first came out my case was broken. Customer service sent a new one.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 08:44 PM  
Mickey12

I got my discs today in the mail. I did Bootcamp and I really liked it. The time goes by quickly and there is a ton of variety. I liked that there were not endless reps and the pace was good for me. Cathe gave small rest breaks between moves while she explained the next move. She also showed really good modifications for the cardio work. I modified quite a bit using the lower impact cardio, lighter weights than what she used and my step was at 6 inches instead of 8 inches, but I still felt like I conquered the workout instead of feeling like it was too advanced for me. I used dumbbells instead of a barbell and you definitely can do the workout without it. I didn't find the over the step with presses as awkward to do as it looks in the clips, but I used dumbbells that were lighter than her 20 pound barbell.

I liked the music and most of the moves are to the beat. I love that the Strong and Sweaty workouts are between 40 and 50 minutes. That seems to be a great length for me. I did part of the bonus abs and there was a good variety of moves, not just same old planks and crunches.

I'm looking forward to trying the others!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-16, 07:44 AM  
wendy2

I did Total Body Giant Sets this morning using On Demand. I did it through the workout blender (not a mix, just clicked on the workout in the blender menu), and my overriding thought is that the music is WAY too loud. You can barely hear Cathe. I was so distracted by it that that it's hard to remember anything about the workout. I can't believe they don't have the audio ratio figured out at this point in the game! They've been doing this for so long, I just don't get that. So maybe it isn't the same on the discs or using it from On Demand vs. the blender. I will check out On Demand, but didn't order the discs.

Ok, I do remember that I enjoyed the workout If I could have heard Cathe, I think I would have liked her demeanor in this one. She went a lot heavier than I did, and I still felt like I got a good workout. I don't use a barbell anymore, so subbed dumbells for all of those moves. It is light on chest and back work, but that's okay with me. It's not super overkill on shoulders, but I do wish she'd stop doing upright rows, and she could have done a little more chest or back and cut out a little shoulder work, IMO. Overall though, it felt like a quick moving (but not rushed), nice total body workout that had no dread b/c there is very little repetition.

I am wondering if I just might like Cathe Live stuff better than her discs at this point. My expectations are lower. I have no issues with sound problems or mistakes when it's a live workout...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-16, 07:52 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post

I am wondering if I just might like Cathe Live stuff better than her discs at this point. My expectations are lower. I have no issues with sound problems or mistakes when it's a live workout...
I have been using Cathe Live almost exclusively for the last 6 months, and when I did the S&S PHA workout yesterday, I found myself missing the "realness" of the live workouts.

I think she moves faster in the Live workouts, but does take a couple of water breaks here and there.

I subscribe to OnDemand so I have both, and I am glad I do.

The Workout Blender is wonderful for finding just the right add-on or ab workout or body part workout to round out a Live workout if you feel something wasn't hit quite enough.

Cathe Live is a great deal for 9.99/month!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-16, 08:29 AM  
suzannaerin

I am a Live addict. That said, for upper body strength, I still prefer the DVDs.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, peripheral heart action, reviews, strong and sweaty, strong and sweaty reviews, total body giant sets