Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-26-16, 03:31 PM  
Carol K

What if the regular schedule was once a year?
Old 09-26-16, 05:32 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
What if the regular schedule was once a year?
That would not be my preference for a streaming service. If it were once per year, I would want an existing library of 50 workouts and then at least 20 added during the once-per-year upload.

Also, aren't some of the workouts quite short? I don't want a bunch of 5-10 minute videos if there are only 18 of them, that wouldn't be much content.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 05:58 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
That would not be my preference for a streaming service. If it were once per year, I would want an existing library of 50 workouts and then at least 20 added during the once-per-year upload.

Also, aren't some of the workouts quite short? I don't want a bunch of 5-10 minute videos if there are only 18 of them, that wouldn't be much content.
But they aren't 5-10 mins! The challenge workouts are short just to show the workouts and tell you how many rounds to do. The actual workouts range from 10 mins (one workout!) to a little over 30 mins.

And they are anxious to add new content....
Old 09-26-16, 06:15 PM  
Carol K

Looking at just the workouts, there is 331 minutes of workout rounded down. As compared to the Wave Ultimate system, which was 140 minutes for $140 (yes, I'm still bitter about that ). I just didn't have the same expectations for the BeMax service that other people have. I really wasn't expecting any new workouts until next year. If we get some, that will be a happy surprise.
Old 09-26-16, 07:29 PM  
MoFirmer

I am like Carol..... I am just glad that they COULD find a new platform to build on! There was a point where it seemed like the workouts and instructors we loved would be gone. But thank goodness for streaming. I figure in the beginning there will be things we would love to see. And if we voice it to them they can see what they can do.

I would love to see new stuff too. But I am also really pleased by the results I'm getting from the workouts we have now!

And Carol..... really? I couldn't tell you were bitter! LOL! I really wish the wave had more workouts too!!!
Old 09-26-16, 09:40 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Is there any reason or reasons why they can't add new content since they are anxious to?
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 10:25 PM  
MoFirmer

Not really.... the site is still relatively new. They are already throwing out ideas for new workouts.

And since it is a big backer there are lots of details to work out. Have you checked out TrainerPass to see all the offerings? It isn't just BEMAX. Several big name instructors. Gilad, Jennifer Galardi, Terri Walsh.....
Old 09-26-16, 11:32 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I did see Trainer Pass but I really like the Firm. I was going to join so that is why I asked about the BeMax Fitness. I love the newer Pink ones more than the older ones but all Firms are good to me.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-16, 05:43 AM  
Carol K

The FIRM is all I do, and this is what the FIRM is now; they just can't call it the FIRM. So there was never any question I was going to subscribe. The Zip Trainer were the last DVDs I purchased.
Old 09-27-16, 03:18 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post

Agreed. I can't remember, but of the 18 workouts I do think some of them are the short "challenge" workouts where you have to do them on your own. I'm not 100% sure though, but to me that isn't a workout and I never even did the challenge workouts because I don't like to work out "on my own".

I wish they had just offered streaming on their own like a barre3, etc. That way they had the control. I don't understand why they can't add new content either? Paying the streaming fee for one month was good for what they offered - once, but I didn't want to keep paying a monthly fee for the same workouts, workouts I'd already done and I wasn't doing a strictly Firm/Bemax rotation anyway so I needed more. I'm not a huge fan of streaming anyway, I prefer to "own" my workouts and pay for them once. Paying $10/month for 6-12 months gets pricey for still never owning them.

I hope in time they are able to add more and figure out the kinks, but until then I will wait it out.

I can see by the die-hard comments here, that I am not of the "norm" but that's ok, that's just my decision/choice. Those that belong and are loving it, I'm happy for you! This was just an easy pass or cancellation for me.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bemax, bemax fitness, gilad, jennifer galardi, terri walsh