Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-19, 12:24 PM  
laurajhawk

This morning, I did The Bar Method Designer Sculpting. I hadn't done it for more than 5 years - definitely a dustbunny! This is one of the original Burr Leonard videos and it goes verrrry sloooowly, with lots of pauses for talking, but if I'm in the right mood for it, that can work for me. Often you're holding a position (releve, plie) while she talks, and that makes it harder. Or you can do extra reps while she talks. I like the mellow vibe of these workouts, and they're great for restarting barre.

The copyright is 2003, I think. The blurb at the end, for Natural Journeys, gives the web address to buy more workouts and they felt it was necessary to point out that the website is open ""24 hours a day, 7 days a week!" And everything's available in VHS *and* DVD!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 02:07 PM  
Judy W.

I just did Body Burn Dance and Pilates with Denise Austin. It's extremely Denise-like, so only press 'play' if perkiness and crazy cueing doesn't bother you. I've always liked her, so I had fun!

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 01:56 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did a virgin (22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1) and followed it with an oldie that I can't remember if I've done before. I have index cards for all my workouts and I write the date on the card every time I do that workout, but I started the cards long after I got some of my videos so they don't have dates but have been done. This one was Rodney Yee, the DVD is labeled Yoga Burn, but he also has another with the same title. This one is just him and doesn't use any props/equipment. Also in the intro he calls this Slow Burn Yoga. The case says 2008, the DVD says 2005. The other workout called Yoga Burn uses the weighted gloves and he instructs Collen Saidman rather than doing the practice himself. Anyway, this practice has you slowly moving and doing most poses three times. Slow is hard bc I'm impatient and bc it requires more strength. It is 55 minutes long, and I did it all, but by minute 35 I was ready to be done and go eat!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 02:41 PM  
Gams

I did Leslie’s Walk Away Your Waistline because I wanted to use my Power Belt. I haven’t used it in years but I loved it so much, I wanted to use it again.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 11:33 AM  
Vantreesta

I just finished a VHS workout from 2000: Denise Austin Blast Away 10 Lbs! I did the second workout, Intervals With Weights. Ahh, Denise. I checked my cards and I last did workout 1 in 2017. This one doesn't even have a date on the card so I think that means it was at least 2011, maybe longer ago than that. I don't remember what year I started on the cards.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-29-19, 07:43 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step from 2002. Holy cow, was that FUN!!! I wrote on the back of the case “seriously the most fun step workout I own”. The Motown music fits so well with the choreography and Christi is genius at mixing so much variety with the ability to pick up the moves easily. I haven’t done this workout in years and with just a few hiccups I was able to get all the choreography. The intensity is moderate, the moves are just so much fun. She does a fair bit of Tifting, but there is so much variety, it doesn’t bother me. Love, love, love this workout.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Tonight I did Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step from 2002.
Kim
I think I picked that up at a Goodwill many moons ago...not sure I ever did it though. I'll be more motivated to add it my list next week with a review like that!

You reminded me last week I did Buns of Steel 6 with Lynne Brick...still love this workout...decent sweat factor and Lynne is endearing to me. Like an Aunt who smilingly pushes you in the right direction. I need that every once in awhile in my life.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 09:54 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Tonight I did Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step from 2002. Holy cow, was that FUN!!! I wrote on the back of the case “seriously the most fun step workout I own”. The Motown music fits so well with the choreography and Christi is genius at mixing so much variety with the ability to pick up the moves easily. I haven’t done this workout in years and with just a few hiccups I was able to get all the choreography. The intensity is moderate, the moves are just so much fun. She does a fair bit of Tifting, but there is so much variety, it doesn’t bother me. Love, love, love this workout.

Kim
I think I still have that and may try it out on the floor. I don't do step anymore. I stunk at it, and after spraining my ankle (not from step!) in 2014, I totally stopped doing step. I love Christi's personality.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 10:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I think I picked that up at a Goodwill many moons ago...not sure I ever did it though. I'll be more motivated to add it my list next week with a review like that!

You reminded me last week I did Buns of Steel 6 with Lynne Brick...still love this workout...decent sweat factor and Lynne is endearing to me. Like an Aunt who smilingly pushes you in the right direction. I need that every once in awhile in my life.
I love Buns of Steel 6! Thanks for reminding me of it!

Old 11-05-19, 12:20 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Oh boy, Linda. I hope you like it, different strokes for different folks and all.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts