Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-14, 05:04 PM  
Tugger31

Anyone have this workout set???

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ket...ado-p/1092.htm

There are no reviews yet was curious about it.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 05:37 PM  
twinkletoes

There was no music except for a few seconds in the middle of the clip. I wonder if there's music on the DVDs. Looks like all the workouts are around 20 minutes though, that could be a good thing.

Although, the breakdowns make it look kind of boring (to me). I'd be interested to see what the reviews are.
Old 03-05-14, 07:17 PM  
andtckrtoo

Rozy has it and loves it. You may want to PM her.
Old 03-05-14, 07:46 PM  
fagiles

Hi,

Quite a few of us have Joey's workout. Haven't tried it yet but yes there is music

felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 07:54 PM  
dela

Yup, I pre-ordered this one based on how much I enjoyed the Kettle Jitsu dvd. I am a big fan of Joey, he is great on camera, cues well, and has a good sense of humor. His workouts are unique and for me, fun, because of the mma inspired moves in all of them, and I love his kettlebell moves and "flows". The quality is good, but it's not a "fancy" production, it's him in his gym with about 4 background exercisers who I am pretty certain are members at his gym and all seem to have really good form for the little I am looking at the screen.

The music is actually better than I expected it to be, but normally I like to play my own, so if I turn it down just enough I can still hear him, but barely hear the music. This is my only complaint about the dvd, it really should have a music off feature.

I like these a lot and will get a lot of use out them, but I won't be using these as a rotation and instead like to do them once or twice a week. The core portion in the beginning can be pretty hard depending on how high the "ladder" goes, and I think that deters me a little from using these more. But I just keep up the best I can.

Once you add in the 17 minute joint mobility warmup (wow, I thought it was closer to 10), the workouts are a bit longer than it appears, but I am going to start adding on a couple extra of the kettlebell flows at the end of the workout.

I even like the body weight work in these, which is kind of rare for me, I only like body weight from a couple of people (pretty much Joey and Mark DeGrasse), but I do keep skipping the one workout that has 3, 1 minute rounds of burpees. Luckily it's only in that one that he does that.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 08:29 PM  
Tugger31

Thanks for the info!

Would you consider these intense enough as a stand alone workout or b/c of the shorter length are these more add-ons for the more high intermediate/low advanced exerciser?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 08:49 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Thanks for the info!

Would you consider these intense enough as a stand alone workout or b/c of the shorter length are these more add-ons for the more high intermediate/low advanced exerciser?

I do feel like I could add on another short workout but feel really good and energized when I am done. I looked back at some notes, and I have been adding on a 10 minute kettlebell complex after I finish one of these workouts. However, on days I don't add on, I still feel like I got a good workout.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote