Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-01-13, 06:52 AM  
bubbles76

Restart and Renew Checkin - November - Time to Give Thanks!

Welcome to the Restart and Renew (formerly Restoration) Check In! This is a place for those who, for any reason (health issues, life issues, job issues, motivation issues, etc.), have had to restart and renew their fitness routine. A place for those who are more comfortable with workouts that meet them “where they are”.

Where you choose to restart and your personal focus is up to you. How often you check in is up to you. We are here to motivate and encourage each other!
Change your mind"– Sister Hazel
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 06:56 AM  
bubbles76

Donna, glad you got in some Classical Stretch yesterday. What book are you reading? Oh, Tiny Bubble dressed up as the Hulk. My mom sent pictures; he was so cute! He obviously had a very fun time.

This morning I got about 10 minutes into my workout before I called it quits. My lower body is just too tight and sore and Cathe is just bouncing around too fast, haha! The effects of Afterburn from yesterday really got to me this morning, and I'm just not able to do All Out Low Imact HIIT today. I will try to do it this evening or maybe some kickboxing, but if I'm still feeling sore I may call it a rest day too. I will get in my push ups today though.
Old 11-01-13, 07:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

thanks for starting us off, Bubbles!

I'm reading the 2nd in the Maggie Hope mystery series - Princess Elizabeth's Spy. I am enjoying this series. I learned that I really like English detective stories w/ a woman heroine (I recently finished the Maisie Dobbs series!)

Workout today:

35 min bike
Margaret, Unplugged 1900, Episode 6 - pecs, back/balance, quads and outer thighs
Classical stretch, Season 8, Episode 812 - Improving your Balance

Enjoyed this combo.

So glad it is Friday and I'm semi-caught up on work - that can change at any point, but for now things are manageable. Whew!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 08:39 PM  
bubbles76

I feel you on being semi-caught up at work. It's finally slowed down enough for me to do some administrative stuff and additional training, but I keep feeling like the other shoe is going to drop. Such is the life of the government worker

Tonight I did All Out Low Impact HIIT + Core 1 today. Yea! Yes, I am sore as heck, especially my glutes, from Afterburn yesterday, but I felt better than I did this morning. No way was I able to work out this morning. I also finished up Week 1 Day 2 of my 100 push up challenge. Now it's time for a shower and a long hot soak! Ahhhhhhh.....
Old 11-02-13, 07:33 AM  
CabCalloway

Trying to start the month off in a healthy manner. That said, I had to forgo my morning cycling because I have to make up work that I missed due to eye surgery. But I am promising myself a nice long ride this afternoon. I will convince my 13 year old son to join me.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Bubbles - I know exactly what you mean - I predict the other shoe will drop right before Thanksgiving and then again right before Xmas. It is nothing if not predictable!

Anyway:

45 min TM 3.5 miles -(2 Dark Shadows)
MR, Unplugged 1900, Episode 7
CS, Season 8, 813

Happy Saturday -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 08:31 PM  
bubbles76

Hi CabCalloway! I hope you were able to get in your bike ride this evening.

Donna, you are so right about the predictability of government. Let's hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel that's not a freight train

Tonight was Xtrain Supercuts for the first time. I am slowly working my way through my LIS and Xtrain dvds. I am enjoying most of them, even though some are much, much harder than others (Afterburn is such an appropriate name for that workout). While I enjoyed Supercuts, I'm not sure how to classify it. Weights? Cardio? Metabolic? I think that Cathe called it metabolic, but so was Afterburn and it didn't quite feel like Afterburn. Whatever, it was fun! Supercuts definitely felt intermediate, which was good for me. I only stopped once to put the band around my thighs. The intensity can definitely be raised with higher weights and heavier bands and tubing. The one part I did NOT do was the pushups/sit ups at the end. Um, I did that in the military. Definitely not in that kind of shape anymore I mean, I can DO them, but not at that speed. She lulled me into a state of complacency, thinking this workout was intermediate, then tacked that double punch on at the end. Sneaky!

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 11-03-13, 07:05 AM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

May I join you? I'm restarting after distractions--work, lack of sleep, motivation--whatever.

I'm starting the Met-Rx 180 program today, motivated by the fact that carrying two bags of books out to my car yesterday gave me DOMS all across my upper back and shoulders. Pathetic.

I like the Maggie Hope series. I also like Rhys Bowen's Her Royal Spyness series (another British historical female detective series). An even though Laurie King's Mary Russell is American, I can recommend that series.
Old 11-03-13, 02:17 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

OK, I did Conditioning Workout 1 and Stretch and Refresh. That's the longest day of the week for this series.
Old 11-03-13, 05:41 PM  
bubbles76

Welcome Mollie! How do you like the Met-Rx so far? Do you think it would be a good traveling workout to use with resistance tubing? Are those book series or tv series?

Waves to everyone!

Today was a rest day for me, but I did complete Week 1 Day 3 of the 100 push ups challenge. Very proud of myself! On to week 2 on Tuesday. I'm hoping to keep up with this. I want to be able to do 30 consecutive pushups. Small goals, haha! Next will be the 50 pullups challenge, as soon as I can find a pull up bar.

Tags
renew, restart, restart and renew, restart and renew checkin