Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-12, 06:41 PM  
Sara1000

Who wrote the old FIRM reviews?

I've been doing the early FIRMs in a rotation so of course I've gone back to read the reviews that came out back when these workouts were new. How excited we were when each new workout came out!

It made me wonder, where are these VFers now that wrote these reviews way back in the 90's - anyone still around? I would love to hear from you in this thread!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 06:48 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I think I wrote some. Roberta Kagno wrote some and she hasn't been around in years.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 06:55 PM  
Sara1000

Joni I just saw your name on one! Thanks for responding.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 08:12 PM  
Carol K

Joni, do you remember Carole V? This was around 1997. She was such a huge supporter of all things Firm and then when the Prime Powers came out, she posted "These workouts are TRASH!!!!!"
Old 12-19-12, 07:52 AM  
Jane1721

I wrote a couple, but I always enjoyed reading the reviews more than writing them.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 08:41 AM  
dnna

lol, the Prime Powers are so not trash. I think that Anna raised the bar so impossibly high with the Classics, that her other ventures were trashed quite soundly for not being " as good as" the classics.
I am at an age and ability level to love the Basics, Prime Powers and I love the BSS sets! which were terribly received.
I think they are great workouts, love them, !
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 11:31 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
lol, the Prime Powers are so not trash. I think that Anna raised the bar so impossibly high with the Classics, that her other ventures were trashed quite soundly for not being " as good as" the classics.
I am at an age and ability level to love the Basics, Prime Powers and I love the BSS sets! which were terribly received.
I think they are great workouts, love them, !
I really like Prime Power Fat Burning. I remembered that I didn't like the lower body one because it seemed like it was mostly lunges and dips. So I traded that one.

The Tri-Trainers were also not well received. I remember VFers saying that they were not so tough. But I love Tracie's Maximum Body Sculpting and the other two were pretty good too. Every workout does not need to be killer.
Old 12-19-12, 11:57 AM  
desderata

I am just starting a Firm 90 day rotation after not doing the Firms for years. I did Maximum Body Shaping this morning and went h-e-a-v-y. I got a great workout in 45 minutes and feel some doms in my arms already. What are the names of the other 2 Tri Trainers?
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 12:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I am just starting a Firm 90 day rotation after not doing the Firms for years. I did Maximum Body Shaping this morning and went h-e-a-v-y. I got a great workout in 45 minutes and feel some doms in my arms already. What are the names of the other 2 Tri Trainers?
Better Body and Buns

The other one has two different names (just like MBS did). Here is a link of reviews for All Cardio which also lists the other name.

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=1116

ETA - MBS had three different names: Maximum Body Sculpting, Maximum Body Shaping, and All Weights according to the VF reviews. I didn't check but I'm pretty sure that Better Body and Buns also had a different name because they wanted to add Body to let people know that it was a total body wo.
Old 12-19-12, 12:48 PM  
lrb04

Exclamation

I like & do the Classics once a year but really enjoy Prime Powers, Tri trainers, & many more after the Classics! Maybe it is because I did the classics over & over until new ones came out. I did not have a computer back then so did not see reviews. i just liked something new from the Firm because I was & am a Firm Believer!

Last edited by lrb04; 12-19-12 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Ignore the yellow sign above! It was a mistake,
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews, vintage firm