Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-12, 03:21 PM  
Mandy

Question Tracie Long's Figure 30 Butt

It seems like everytime I do Figure 30 Butt, I have some back tenderness or tailbone issues the next day. I think it may be the first part of the 1 leg deadlift and then the exercise where you touch the floor and then jump up on one leg. My butt is on fire from this exercise and I love it. Its just my back the next day.

I even modify using the Firm sculpting stick to make sure I don't reinjure my healed bulging disc. So I do modify but I'm still feeling it today in my tailbone.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

By the way, the music is fabulous in Figure 30 Butt.
Old 12-04-12, 06:01 PM  
fatkat555

I don't have any insight yet as I don't have the dvd - it's been on my wishlist for a while now. I debated about getting them with the $10 deal, but didn't cave for some reason... I prefer total body workouts rather than focusing on one area of the body, but I love Tracie.

I wonder if you're tucking your spine when doing the move that you're talking about? Again, I can't say for sure as I don't have the dvd, but it could be a possibility?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 06:55 PM  
KathAL79

I wondered about too much of a tuck, too. I prefer to work with more of a neutral spine - especially with deadlifts I work hard to maintain the natural curves of my spine - and ignore some of Tracie's instructions regarding tucking, which she does too often for my taste.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote