Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-12, 05:58 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
As a side note, I went to collages coming soon page recently as sometimes they get the new release lists before Mary. Is it just me or is collage adding more to their selection? I remember reading either in a newsletter or on their sites a few years back that they are selective about what types of workouts, the quality, instruction, etc of DVDs they will sell. It seems to me that they are adding a lot of what Mary is selling after she has it in stock or up for preorder. I bet $$ that she's doing excellent buisness these days and it's starting to cut into collage's pocket taking away some customers because she's willing to stock what the customer wants.... Collage had many forum posts about how they had standards. Huh... I guess customers started speaking with their credit cards and it didn't help collages bottom line with having "standards". Just my theory anyway.
As someone who stalks the coming soon pages of both Collage and TFDVDS multiple times per day, it is actually the other way around. While I do not know how the current selections ended up on Collage's coming soon page, I do know that some instructors and companies contact Collage to consider their videos. It makes sense because despite the deep love for Mary on VF, Collage got at least 2 mentions in magazines this month and Joy Bauer plugged them on The Today Show. That's a lot of exposure for an indie instructor.

I have no clue about Collage's return policy because like Sunday, I never return anything. Maybe it's a form letter sent after a certain number of returns. I can't say, but I do agree with Terry that you should contact CS. If it were me, I would want to know why.

Just FTR, depsite the excellent customer service, even Mary has limits on returns. Not that it applies in this case, but some people do take advantage of generous return policies. It makes fiscal sense to keep those customers in check. NOT THAT THIS IS THE CASE WITH SAF.
Old 05-21-12, 06:06 PM  
cecififi

SAF,

I can read your frustration - loyal customer then suddenly they forget about and/or no longer care about all your years of patronage.

I don't know Mary but I only order through her. Recently, I returned a dvd I knew I wasn't going to use (first time doing that ever). I emailed her to say I wanted to order more dvd's but didn't see the credit against my account yet. She said that's 'cos the dvd hadn't yt come back to her. Nevertheless, she just trusted that I had returned the dvd (which I had) and put the credit against my account right away - no hesitation. She just did that a week or so ago. Now that's personalized service. I like her offerings, prices, discounts, rewards and shipping costs. I just never took to Collage. Their shipping costs kill my budget.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:15 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've returned a few DVDs to Collage here and there. Being as picky as I am, I hesitate to return as many as I'd like to for fear of being identified as a chronic returner or something. The letter is probably automatic after a certain number have been returned regardless of the circumstances. Some people probably do abuse the return policy.

Did they tell you that you couldn't order anymore or did they offer help in choosing workouts or anything? I know they do that sometimes. If this happens to them a lot, they probably aren't able to look into each situation separately - unfortunately - and just send a form letter.

Sorry this happened to you. I understand your frustration.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

SAF, I also think you were flagged and it was an automatic response letter. It may have been sent to you mistakenly (and you can call to get that corrected) but I see it as a standard business practice, not personal or offensive.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:45 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I had something similar happen with Macys. I had returned some items that I ordered online, and Macys sent me a letter and flagged my credit card account so that I would no longer receive any coupons for discounts.
That's scary. I am the queen of buy and return. Many times, I don't even try on in the store. I just buy a bunch, try it all on at home (see how pieces work with what I already own) and then return what I don't like.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:54 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I got the same type letter from QVC once. QVC!!! It was the same thing, a number of items had been returned and they were miffed, which is contrary to their stated 30-day-no-matter-what guarantee. A couple of the items were gifts that the giftee returned, not me, but it was still on my account so it went against me.

So I just didn't order anything for three or four years.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:08 PM  
bee1forfitness

:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
i'm glad it's not just me, i was really starting to worry about my comprehension skills!
LOL
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:09 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
That's scary. I am the queen of buy and return. Many times, I don't even try on in the store. I just buy a bunch, try it all on at home (see how pieces work with what I already own) and then return what I don't like.
this is me, too!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:10 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Hi SAF:

I understand your feelings. You have spent $$$$ over the years at Collage and just spent $70 recently. Then you received a letter basically telling you that you have over-used the "return for any reason" policy thus you are now put in a group of buyers who can only return damaged goods.

I agree with others that you probably got flagged for the one return of 4-5 DVDs and the standard operating procedure resulted in you receiving a form letter. I'm certain that their business practice is designed to stop people who would buy large numbers of DVDs, copy them, then return them.

I suggest that you call Customer Service and explain who you are, tell them how many DVDs you have purchased from them over the years, and tell them of your return history: 5 DVDs all at once returned for refund when you were injured, and 1 DVD returned for credit. They might apologize and make good with you.
Nicely said & I agree

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:21 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I do that too. I used to always try on at the store in the dressing room but once while in the midst of trying on a dress, a little girl came scurrying under my door asking if I'd seen her friend. I was so shocked. I said no and she didn't leave, asking me if I can help her find her and telling me what she looked like. Anyway about Collage, they still accept opened dvds, correct? i am asking because I want to order a vid from there and I am pretty sure I will like it but not 100% sure so I want to know if I can return it just in case. Also I need to check out this Mary woman. I love her people skills!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, returns, scratched dvds