Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-12, 05:04 PM  
saffron

Tempest in a teapot. Move along.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:05 PM  
SAF

Oh lordy, I guess posting this thread because I was upset was not the way to go afterall, must be a full moon tonight.

It was several months ago, but I returned 4 or 5 dvds out of the ones I purchased and like I said, I placed the order before my neck and back got worse, so after doing these 4 or 5, it made my condition worse and returned them as they stated I could do.

So don't know what the stupid letter was for?

I don't do the copy/paste thing, so tried to explain.

Guess no one else has ever recieved "the letter", just frustrated when I rec'd it today, especially after placing another order recently, and yes, keeping every one of them, just like I have over the numerous years I have been ordering from them.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:05 PM  
imhere2dance

You returned a DVD and you're getting store credit, so you're not really out any money. I don't get the problem...?
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:09 PM  
SAF

You know what, I have replied 2 more times explaining the situation. Just frustrated after recieving the letter and thought I could talk to you guys, but enough said, for some reason.
End of story.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:12 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

A lot of companies send letters warning about too many returns. People have been getting them from Amazon lately and I remember seeing on TV years ago that shoppers at Marshalls and other stores receive these notices, based on a ratio of their returns and purchases. Probably was sent automatically based on that.

http://consumerist.com/2012/05/amazo...eliveries.html
Old 05-21-12, 05:14 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF View Post
Yes, I replied back earlier in this thread to try and clarify, but will try again.

"The generic letter, not signed by anyone, implies that recently too many dvds were exchanged and/or returned recently. Only return if defective or damaged.

First of all, I explained that I the few recent returns a few months ago were do to spinal injuries and I could not use them, and were in timeframe, and spoke with Emily regarding this one time. I think the letter is ridiculous and uncalled for.

I just spent $70 for an order last week. Your so welcome, Collage.

Secondly, has anyone ever returned a dvd to Collage because you could not do it, or simply did not like it? Or, only because it was damaged or defective? Hmmm.
I've returned DVDs to collage because I hated the workouts and other times because after trying it I knew that it just wasn't a fit for my current (at the time) needs. I never once received a phone call or letter regarding my returns. I really dislike collage these days and every time someone I know what info about a workout, I send them Mary's way. If she doesn't have it, she'll bend over backwards to try to get it and that's just the beginning of her awesome services. I'll also add that I returned several at once, but that was some time ago as I haven't purchased from collage in a LONG. TIME!

As a side note, I went to collages coming soon page recently as sometimes they get the new release lists before Mary. Is it just me or is collage adding more to their selection? I remember reading either in a newsletter or on their sites a few years back that they are selective about what types of workouts, the quality, instruction, etc of DVDs they will sell. It seems to me that they are adding a lot of what Mary is selling after she has it in stock or up for preorder. I bet $$ that she's doing excellent buisness these days and it's starting to cut into collage's pocket taking away some customers because she's willing to stock what the customer wants.... Collage had many forum posts about how they had standards. Huh... I guess customers started speaking with their credit cards and it didn't help collages bottom line with having "standards". Just my theory anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
I've returned dvd's to Collage Video. Unless they are changing policy, here is their return policy:
This is why I started using collage they had a return policy that allowed us to return open DVDs. But poor customer service and rude reps cost them my sales. Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com was more than happy to take my business and has only been a pleasure to deal with! She has a better return policy to boot in case one should need to return something for any reason.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:16 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
I've returned dvd's to Collage Video. Unless they are changing policy, here is their return policy:
It's probably still their policy, but since she returned a few all at once, they could have flagged her account and sent the note. I'm guessing it would happen to anyone who makes a large return.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:31 PM  
Terry

Hi SAF:

I understand your feelings. You have spent $$$$ over the years at Collage and just spent $70 recently. Then you received a letter basically telling you that you have over-used the "return for any reason" policy thus you are now put in a group of buyers who can only return damaged goods.

I agree with others that you probably got flagged for the one return of 4-5 DVDs and the standard operating procedure resulted in you receiving a form letter. I'm certain that their business practice is designed to stop people who would buy large numbers of DVDs, copy them, then return them.

I suggest that you call Customer Service and explain who you are, tell them how many DVDs you have purchased from them over the years, and tell them of your return history: 5 DVDs all at once returned for refund when you were injured, and 1 DVD returned for credit. They might apologize and make good with you.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:40 PM  
Stephanie_B

I've returned to Collage because I didn't like it or something, it was over 10 years ago so I can't remember why (maybe I ordered somewhere else too or got it at Half Priced Books? I really don't remember). HOWEVER, that was their policy. If it changes they should say "up to X amount of unopened returns in X amount of time" because if I received a letter like that and I was in the right sort of mood, I'd be ticked about it too.

That said...I usually order from Mary too.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:54 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I had something similar happen with Macys. I had returned some items that I ordered online, and Macys sent me a letter and flagged my credit card account so that I would no longer receive any coupons for discounts.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, returns, scratched dvds