Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-12, 11:17 AM  
Sara1000

Who does Tracy A without the eating plan?

I am so impressed with Hilary's results - I don't need to lose weight, just tighten up and convert some belly fat to muscle. I do a variety of workouts - walk, run a little, various barre, strength (moderately heavy), cardio (moderately intense) and yoga. I work out at least 45 minutes 6 days a week.

I already eat healthy and easily maintain 128 at 5'7".

Would Tracy Anderson make a difference? Looking for tighter muscles and lower fat.

Or would walking more like Hilary make the difference? I have SO many workouts already that I love!

I am well past 50.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 11:51 AM  
cherimac

Well, I'm just finishing Meta Ab level 1 tomorrow. I don't do her plan and have about 5 pounds left to reach my ideal weight (my weight crept up a bit when I hit my mid 40s and I didn't watch my eating as carefully as I should have done). I have been eating well but don't follow her plan. In the first week I lost 1/4" of my waist and 1/8" off my hips. I don't know if it's TA's magic or just totally shaking things up (probably both) but I'll take it!
Old 05-17-12, 12:44 PM  
Erin3369

I have been doing TA Hipcentric. It has been a little over 4 months and now I am into Continuity. I saw changes in my abs and shoulders/arms after the first month. Nothing much was happening in the hip area until I was done with Meta. At the end of Meta, I lowered my daily intake of carbs. I know we are not supposed to talk diet but WOW did this make a difference.
In just a few weeks my legs and hips have slimmed down. I am now wearing jeans I have not been able to wear for a year and half. I don't do measurement, I go by what and how something fits. My guess is that the diet was the magic here, not TA.
What I do know is that my shoulders and arms have never looked better. I feel like I am getting close to where I want to be with my legs and hips too. I should warn you that TA cannot count worth a darn and the music leaves much to be desired. Aside from this, I like the floor exercises.
It may interest you as an add-on to other things you are currently doing. At five seven and 127-28 it sounds like you are right where you want to be. I have a stocky build at five ft. three inches and a tendency to gain bulk in my hips, rear, and thighs. Hope it helps!
Erin3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 01:41 PM  
Sara1000

Thanks for your responses.

Music is a big deal to me so that is good to know.

Yes, my weight sounds good, but way to much is waist and pouch fat. I need to firm up.

Does Tracy not keep the beat or just loses count of how many reps?
Old 05-17-12, 02:32 PM  
cherimac

So far I think the music is fine. I also don't pay attention to her but simply count the same number of reps per side during the workout. I can't believe I'm saying this but I LIKE that she doesn't cue much~it would make doing the same workout 10 days straight unbearable, IMO.
Old 05-17-12, 02:59 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I don't need to lose weight, so I do not follow her eating plan. I also don't believe in dieting, especially if it means choosing a plan that you can not stick with for life.

I do believe that some of Hilary's lower body results is from the amount of walking that she does. Her lower body is definitely more defined than her upper body. So this proves just how effective walking is, too!

Based on your original post, I think TA's system would work really well for you. It really is a great system. This coming from someone who despises floor work.

Just to give you an idea how others like me use her program; I use TA's workouts as a complement to my heavier strength work, and it really works well. I used to do this back in the 90s when I was into natural bodybuilding. I have always believed in iso-tension exercises in conjunction with more traditional strength work. These days TA's workout fits the bill. I also run. So I'm definitely not a poster child for her method. In fact, she abhors lifting over 3 lbs. and running.

Kineticflix carries her metas, so you can always rent first. It's a great way to try her program without investing in it first.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 03:22 PM  
Sara1000

Thanks for the suggestion, Debbie.
Old 05-17-12, 03:41 PM  
Hilary

Aww, y'all are making my upper body feel bad Although I have lost half an inch in my upper arm since I started TA, I don't think I've lost my definition, but I have lost some of my bulk (from lifting heavy). All that plank work in TA definitely works the upper body, IMO. Also, with my Leslie workouts, I've been focusing on using handweights, the stretchie band, weighted gloves ... whatever I can add to them to work my upper body as well.

As for eating, I definitely don't follow TA's plan, which is pretty ridiculous, I think. It would require way too much effort and from what I remember, the recipes are all for one person, so it wouldn't work with a family at all. I DID try the baby food diet for about 2/3rds of a day ... my BFF and I decided to try it but by dinner time we had both bailed I don't think I can ever look at a jar of baby food again without shuddering!
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 03:59 PM  
sln

I've never followed the plan

I'm on Omni Continuity and I did Meta, too. I never followed the diet. I used My Fitness Pal to track calories, and aimed for healthy diet. I'm 5 foot 5 and started at about 130, which for me feels bigger than I like to be. Now I'm at 121. I was flabby and poochy before, definitely a skinny fat. Tracy helped me firm up, but it took awhile - probably until Level 7 or 8 of Omni before I saw any change. That's a long time! Now, looking at pictures, I think I look firmer and my thighs & arms jiggle less. I never did Tracy's Dance Cardio, I just sub in my favorites, Hiit or kickboxing, etc. She's done wonders for my muffin top and my abs. I'm fitting in to pants that I couldn't before. I had a pair of "test pants" that I bought on final sale, and they never fit. After Tracy - they do! I went through a cycle of STS, and then did barre for months, and nothing changed my body like Tracy.
Old 05-17-12, 04:28 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
Aww, y'all are making my upper body feel bad Although I have lost half an inch in my upper arm since I started TA, I don't think I've lost my definition, but I have lost some of my bulk (from lifting heavy). All that plank work in TA definitely works the upper body, IMO.
Hilary - your upper body looks awesome! With TA, I have seen the most changes in terms of definition in my upper body (arms, shoulders, upper back) and abs. Recently I was wearing a tank top and DH exclaimed: "I have never seen a woman with more beautiful arms! You have arms like a guy!" Yeah, he isn't Mr. Tactful (on our first date he said he really liked my frizzy hair...) but what he meant was that there is now clear definition in the biceps - quite an accomplishment for my typically scrawny squirrel arms!

Now I need to start walking more to get that awesome lower body definition...

Oh, and I don't follow TA's eating plan either.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, tracy anderson, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results