Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-11, 12:12 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Sue - thanks

Sarah, I have 3 (related) questions:
1) How important do you think it is to do all and only TA's cardio? I'm wondering this because I have a hard time giving up running (it affects me psychologically for some reason), and because TA's dance workouts are very high impact for daily (5-6x per week) use.
2) If you don't do all and only TA cardio, what do you think would work as other options to mix in? What do you think of some running or some zumba or other dance workouts? (One problem I see with substituting other dance workouts is that they are often not nearly as intense as TA's.) Any ideas?
3) If you did TA's treadmill "dancing," what speed setting did you use on the TM?
Old 07-14-11, 12:13 PM  
pattyd0319

Gorgeous pic of both you and your baby. Congrats, it definitely paid off. I wish I could get into TA but I just cannot seem to get past the no cuing.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 12:15 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319 View Post
Gorgeous pic of both you and your baby. Congrats, it definitely paid off. I wish I could get into TA but I just cannot seem to get past the no cuing.
I think the cueing becomes less of an issue with the program since you're doing the same workout 10 straight times. On the Meta Check-In, many posters have said that they do the workouts pushing pause the first few times on a new level, in order to get the moves down and do all the reps.
Old 07-14-11, 12:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319 View Post
Yes congratulations, Sarah! You're *both* looking gorgeous!!
I'm not TA material -- never have been and never will be. But I always appreciate hearing (and seeing) others' success stories. Congrats again!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 01:49 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Sarah,

You and your baby are beautiful!!! I love that pic and your arms/abs look great. I mentioned this before but your baby looks so cute in your avatar.

Helen
Old 07-14-11, 04:04 PM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
Sue - thanks

Sarah, I have 3 (related) questions:
1) How important do you think it is to do all and only TA's cardio? I'm wondering this because I have a hard time giving up running (it affects me psychologically for some reason), and because TA's dance workouts are very high impact for daily (5-6x per week) use.
2) If you don't do all and only TA cardio, what do you think would work as other options to mix in? What do you think of some running or some zumba or other dance workouts? (One problem I see with substituting other dance workouts is that they are often not nearly as intense as TA's.) Any ideas?
3) If you did TA's treadmill "dancing," what speed setting did you use on the TM?
Thanks for all your kind comments. I think you had it right on in your first post about "doing it right" and there being a threshold to see results. her stuff IS really advanced and tuff. It just doesn't look as hard as it is in previewing because she's so controlled and makes it look easy. She really does preform each move. So on to your questions-

1) I don't think hers have to be the only cardio by any stretch of the imagination. I think though the cardio has to be varied in different plains of motion. I think running won't help you a whole lot towards her goals, but if you love it, then do it.

2)I think things like step, kickboxing, zumba ect. all go well with her. I think just changing it up and moving your muscles in different ways is the key. I do Cathe step work outs like twice a week after my MS work. I think they go well together. I also like kickboxing work outs by her. I think Peak10 cardio goes really well actually with it. Again, I think if you can consistently do something, have happy knees/joints, and move your muscles in different ways then you're good. For some dang reason though, I get better results when doing TA's DC. I really have tried to figure out why, but it just makes my body happier with the whole thing. It's weird...

3) I wish I could answer this! My treadmill broke on me, and I need to repair it so I can give it a try. I really want to do it. I would start at the slowest level just to get it down and the feel for it.
Old 07-14-11, 04:05 PM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Sarah,

You and your baby are beautiful!!! I love that pic and your arms/abs look great. I mentioned this before but your baby looks so cute in your avatar.

Helen
Thank you Helen :-) She is actually abnormally cute. I know that sounds weird from a mom, but I get stopped all the time and told that, so I'm just going off of what other people say. I think it's the fact that she looks like she's been hit by a shrink ray gun lol. She's like 14lbs now, and turning 1 on saturday. Do you have kids?
Old 07-14-11, 04:51 PM  
IvysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
Thank you Helen :-) She is actually abnormally cute. I know that sounds weird from a mom, but I get stopped all the time and told that, so I'm just going off of what other people say. I think it's the fact that she looks like she's been hit by a shrink ray gun lol. She's like 14lbs now, and turning 1 on saturday. Do you have kids?
slightly ot, but was she born early or really small at birth? 14 lbs is what my 4 were around 3-4 months old.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 05:58 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
1) I don't think hers have to be the only cardio by any stretch of the imagination. I think though the cardio has to be varied in different plains of motion. I think running won't help you a whole lot towards her goals, but if you love it, then do it.

2)I think things like step, kickboxing, zumba ect. all go well with her. I think just changing it up and moving your muscles in different ways is the key. I do Cathe step work outs like twice a week after my MS work. I think they go well together. I also like kickboxing work outs by her. I think Peak10 cardio goes really well actually with it. Again, I think if you can consistently do something, have happy knees/joints, and move your muscles in different ways then you're good. For some dang reason though, I get better results when doing TA's DC. I really have tried to figure out why, but it just makes my body happier with the whole thing. It's weird...
Impressive results -- you look great! So, what was your rotation like cardio-wise? How often did you do the cardio workout that came with the set and how often did you do other cardio? [Or, what did a representative week look like for you?] TIA!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 06:00 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I love that photo! There's an angelic quality to it. You look amazing! You should be a fashion model .
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, omnicentric, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results