Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-11, 05:35 PM  
mona

Great results!
I have Meta Hip and still haven't "clicked" with it. I did it for about a week before shelving it. The dance cardio? Forget about it

Your results might make me reconsider a rotation in the future.

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 06:56 AM  
jazzy75

I just got Omni in the mail yesterday. I’m not planning to attempt a rotation later this fall but anxiously looked through everything. While viewing the food plan I was quickly reminded why I resisted TA for so long..her claims of perfection and what that should look like and suggestion of near starvation to get it. I know I can avoid the eatting plan (and I will) but just reading it makes me mad!! Seriously...does anyone even follow that thing?? Some of the days would have no more than 650 calories in them. If I ate like that, I could do 10 push ups and 20 lounges a day and be teeny tiny (however, I would most likely lack the energy to continue to work full time and also take care of my 3 young children!)

Sheesh. OK - mini rant is over. I am temporarily turned off the program again but will most likely keep with my plan to start it later this year...
Old 07-14-11, 09:17 AM  
Scbayless

jazzy75- I agree about the perfection thing. It gets tiring to hear. And the food plan is A JOKE. I'm very in to clean eating, food, and studying how the body should function, and I disagree strongly with her eating plan. But don't be turned off to the whole program. It really does work, and she does care.

mona- It's hard to "click with" it seems. I found the first four levels the hardest to just get through. After that, I got in a groove and it got easier and easier for my body. It's a really different way of working out, and your muscles are really not used to it. The DC was SO hard for me at first. I felt like a total monkey flinging my self around. I have fun with it now, but it takes time and patience that's for sure.

So I got pictures done for my daughters first birthday, and I did one JUST FOR YOU GUYS to show my abs one year after birth. I'm not doing it out of pure vanity, but to show you TA works, and to motivate you to give her a solid try.

FYI- My daughter is making a weird face because she is "sniff talking". Aka, she talks to me and others by sniffing at them. It's really funny, but yeah that's what's going on with her weird face lol.
Old 07-14-11, 09:24 AM  
lithium

WOW - on your picture - both mommy and baby, especially mommy!
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:42 AM  
mle777

What a beautiful picture! Your abs and arms look great and your daughter is absolutely adorable!

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:29 AM  
jazzy75

Sarah – that picture looks like something from a magazine….stunning. You should send it to Tracy. And thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I will get over my disgust and do my planned Omni cycle later this fall.

I started a TA rotation about a month ago but gave up after 2 weeks as I felt I was working out longer trying to get in a 60 min Mat or PP DVD PLUS cardio and I was quickly losing muscle tone in my arms – am hoping Meta takes the guess work and time factor out of it (and yields results)…still scared about the 90 day part of it but will commit to a full month and re-evaluate after I’ve given it a fair shot!
Old 07-14-11, 10:37 AM  
Missiscipi

you look SO good!!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:39 AM  
deltoro

That picture is amazing you both look awesome!
deltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 11:57 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Sarah, you look AWESOME!!! You work so hard, and are so consistent, you completely deserve it. From your pics, especially the one with your little one, you definitely look like you have the TA-signature arms and abs. I always find it interesting how her method seems to consistently produce a very similar kind of definition / look in the arms and abs for those who commit to it.

It's awesome to hear that you have gained strength and endurance. I've been thinking about Meta recently, since I do random workouts from Glute and Hip quite often. I think TA's method can make you very strong and body-aware, and it can really teach you to integrate your moves well.

I kind of think that there is a bottom threshold, though, for fitness level going into the program that will allow someone to really get the most out of the Meta workouts. For example, I think if your core is not really strong going in (vs. how strong yours was from her PP Workout), it can be hard to keep balanced in order to keep up with the moves and do them with proper form (which increases both body-awareness and strength/integration). When I don't focus on my core doing Meta, I can feel myself aggravating my back. Also, I think a lack of core strength (and/or core focus) can take away from the moves. The more and more I do TA along with other workouts, the more I see the influence of her early days of pilates training. And I feel like they are both similar in that they require careful attention to form and core strength, especially since neither are done standing (which, IMO, makes it easier to stay in proper alignment). I'm wondering if this is also true for your increased upper body strength. As in, I wonder if you had started TA's Meta out of shape, if you would not be able to do the planks and all-4 balance moves as effectively because you might be re-distributing weight away from your upper body (and therefore working it less) if it weren't strong enough going in.

I often think about TA's clients (celebrities), and recognize that these clients have been working out for years in different but related genres (yoga, pilates, ballet, endurance training, etc.). I kind of think TA designs programs for that kind of exerciser. I think TA's programs, when done correctly, are super advanced. They are harder for me than all of my other dvds (except maybe Tonique 1). Do you find them to be advanced as well? BTW, congrats on learning TA's Dance Cardio workouts. It took me several weeks to learn Dance Cardio II. At least once you know them they're hard to forget! I really wish she'd do more dance dvds and not just Youtube clips (the Frank Valiente clip is filmed in a way that makes it really tough to learn!).
Old 07-14-11, 12:06 PM  
momofcha

I really have nothing to add, but aliekrugs your profile picture is beautiful! and I agree with your assessment as well.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, omnicentric, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results