Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-11, 06:05 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappindad View Post
My cholesterol and A1C numbers are good, I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon and I can do big girl push ups 25 at a pop. So while my body won't be modeling bathing suits anytime soon, I'm happy.

Debbie
Have a great 1/2 marathon! Enjoy :-). I'll sign up for another one in the Fall. You have always been stunning Debbie!

VFers rock!

jplain and KelleyMarie,
Let's be healthy thru old age!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 06:44 AM  
Anny

Thank you!

And woo hoo re Unschooling!
Old 05-16-11, 07:51 AM  
Ann1964

Very inspiring thread.
I lost 8 pounds at the end of 2009, and have gained them all back. Got to relaxed in my serving sizes, and working hard to get the 8 off and 5 more. Its all about diet for me, and small portions. AT barley 5'2 and 46 yrs old every pound goes to my middle. Yuck!
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 03:08 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz N View Post
Personally, I think the 40 s is a great time to get a banging bod! We're usually done with having kids and not quite menopausal.

Here's a vid I did for LL Bootcamp 14 a week or so ago. Not letting shoulder surgery or a glute tear slow me down.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMAERWk5vBQ

Keep on keeping on is my motto!
Thanks for sharing, Liz! Sorry to hear about your injuries, but yeah - it doesn't look as though they are slowing you down one bit.
Old 05-16-11, 03:50 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I'll be 54 in September and even though I don't have a perfect body, I can honestly say that I have a great body for my age thanks to working out hard and eating in moderation.

I have been well over 200 lbs. three times in my life; during my two pregnancies, and during the three plus year period that I struggled with my back and back surgeries. The weight fell off with after the birth of my first child, a bit longer with my second, and I carried that extra weight for a good three year period with my back issues.

I did write about my journey back to fitness a couple of years ago, and since then, my fitness level has improved even more thanks to introduction of bodyweight circuits into my routine.

Today, my weight is what it was during my teens and 20s (128-130 at 5'7"), my bodyfat level is averaging 16-17% which shows all of my muscle definition that I work so hard for. During the time period that I was struggling with my back issues and when I first started my journey back into fitness, achieving this fitness level didn't even enter my mind, because I honestly thought that I would never reach an advanced level of fitness again let alone having the physique that I have today.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 04:45 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Debbie your physique sounds pretty perfect to me. Congratulations!!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:04 PM  
Liz N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I'll be 54 in September and even though I don't have a perfect body, I can honestly say that I have a great body for my age thanks to working out hard and eating in moderation.

I have been well over 200 lbs. three times in my life; during my two pregnancies, and during the three plus year period that I struggled with my back and back surgeries. The weight fell off with after the birth of my first child, a bit longer with my second, and I carried that extra weight for a good three year period with my back issues.

I did write about my journey back to fitness a couple of years ago, and since then, my fitness level has improved even more thanks to introduction of bodyweight circuits into my routine.

Today, my weight is what it was during my teens and 20s (128-130 at 5'7"), my bodyfat level is averaging 16-17% which shows all of my muscle definition that I work so hard for. During the time period that I was struggling with my back issues and when I first started my journey back into fitness, achieving this fitness level didn't even enter my mind, because I honestly thought that I would never reach an advanced level of fitness again let alone having the physique that I have today.
You can definitely see that you "walk the walk" from your profile photo Debbie!
I find all of us 40 and 50 somethings who love fitness quite the inspiration really!

"I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul" Savage Garden

Looking for some fitness inspiration? Visit my blog - see profile
Liz N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 04:36 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Thank you Gina and LIz. It's not perfect and it never will be. I'm just so darn happy that I beat the odds, which was pretty low in 1998 when I started my journey back into fitness.

Liz, yes, VF is full of very inspiring individuals. There is always someone on a daily basis that motivates me.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 07:45 AM  
aunatural

I'm the same way. I lose weight much better when I don't exercise. But, it's become a habit now. Not exercising is unthinkable and throws me off mentally unless it's a planned rest day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
In fact, it would be easier for me to keep the weight off through diet alone than with diet and exercise.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 10:02 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
Thanks Sophie! I credit alot of my success to VF! The motivation here is priceless!
Rozy, your determination and perseverance are absolutely awe-inspiring. Your blog is great, I look forward to reading more.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspiration, menopause, motivation, perimenopause, results, significant weight loss, success stories, success story, weight loss