Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-11, 08:11 PM  
anne

It's interesting that another recent Gaiam disc has a flaw--the other was Firm Zero in Ten back in January.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 08:23 PM  
fitmom24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda KH View Post
I had the same issue, and Collage provided excellent service. My replacement disc worked fine (thank goodness), but they made it clear that they were willing to provide a refund if I continued to have issues.

When I discovered the glitch, I was relieved when I remembered I had bought it at Collage. If I had purchased it from Target they wouldn't have taken it back, defect or no. I knew Collage would make it right.
I've never had a problem returning a defective disc to Target. They will exchange a defective DVD but not refund your money unless there are extenuating circumstances like a widely known glitch or a problem such as the following:

I bought a disc for my family to watch which had a PG rating on the cover. Once I got it home and we started the movie I was horrified to find swear words, drug use and sex references. I stopped the movie 1/3 of the way and took it right back to Target. They refunded my money without any hassle.

Perhaps this is a regional policy?

Michelle
fitmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 03:34 AM  
bearcatfan

Thanks for making us aware of this ... I wouldn't buy this dvd anyway but just in case it's good to know. Collage has a good track record of making things right.
Old 03-28-11, 05:32 AM  
JP44

I had a poor customer service experience w/ Collage. Ordered 4 dvds. Only 3 were sent. Turns out one was backordered. I didn't find this out until I got my package! They didn't tell me when I ordered nor when they shipped. I understand backorders. I don't understand not telling a customer. Their response to my email was tepid at best. No apology whatsoever. Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

They aren't the fastest shippers in the world either so it's not like I received my dvds 2 days after I ordered. If I can order from Mary or Amazon, I'll always use them rather than Collage.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 08:37 AM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
They aren't the fastest shippers in the world either so it's not like I received my dvds 2 days after I ordered. If I can order from Mary or Amazon, I'll always use them rather than Collage.

Joan
I do the same thing unless Collage is the only one carrying a workout. . Mary and Amazon, especially Prime, ship faster than Collage so I order from them. Mary takes returns for any reason and Amazon takes back any defectives as well as misrepresentations from third party sellers. Combined with the fact that I can usually get a better price from Mary or Amazon, that puts Collage at the bottom of the vendor list.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 10:10 AM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom24 View Post
I've never had a problem returning a defective disc to Target. They will exchange a defective DVD but not refund your money unless there are extenuating circumstances like a widely known glitch or a problem such as the following:

I bought a disc for my family to watch which had a PG rating on the cover. Once I got it home and we started the movie I was horrified to find swear words, drug use and sex references. I stopped the movie 1/3 of the way and took it right back to Target. They refunded my money without any hassle.

Perhaps this is a regional policy?

Michelle
That's good to know. I was just going by their posted policy, that "music, movies, video games, and software cannot be returned if opened". This is the policy posted online, so it's not regional.
Old 03-28-11, 10:37 AM  
evenstar

I agree that in this case, Collage is doing everything it can to help the situation. I do find it interesting, however, how many people are so completely devoted to Collage that they found it necessary to defend a company. I doubt the original poster would get that kind of response if the poster had mentioned a problem with Amazon instead, for example.
Old 03-28-11, 11:19 AM  
Gams

Why shouldn't people defend Collage if they feel they haven't done anything wrong? And actually, if the situation was the same, but a different seller involved (such as Amazon or anyone else for that matter), I wouldn't hesitate to defend them, either, if I felt they hadn't done anything wrong.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:28 AM  
dnna

I have been a loyal customer of collage for many years- like decades!! collage has the only game in town for a long long time. there was no other place to buy videos -when that catalog came in the mail- i could barely breathe I was so excited. I also liked calling and getting some help from the staff.
I never had a problem in all my years with collage. I love Mary's service too but continue to order from collage. waiting on an order as we speak.
I am just thinking how isolated I was during the years of exercising at home- no online communities like this one, no one to share my interest. Collage kept me going.
but wow- no the options to buy are really expanded
dnna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:29 AM  
dnna

I have been a loyal customer of collage for many years- like decades!! collage has the only game in town for a long long time. there was no other place to buy videos -when that catalog came in the mail- i could barely breathe I was so excited. I also liked calling and getting some help from the staff.
I never had a problem in all my years with collage. I love Mary's service too but continue to order from collage. waiting on an order as we speak.
I am just thinking how isolated I was during the years of exercising at home- no online communities like this one, no one to share my interest. Collage kept me going.
but wow- now the options to buy are really expanded
dnna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, defective dvd, jillian michaels, ripped in 30