Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-11, 08:39 AM  
Blackadar

It was one year ago today...

One year ago today - Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 - while on an extended business trip to Colorado, I rolled out of bed at 5:00 AM. I weighed in excess of 265 pounds, hadn't worked out in a couple of years, had few clothes that still fit and felt absolutely miserable. I couldn't walk up the steps to the 3rd floor in the Marriott Extended Stay without a struggle. I was tired of it. I was tired of the image I saw in the mirror. I was tired of being tired.

I put on the only workout clothes that fit - a pair of oversized sweatpants and a tee shirt and rode the elevator down to the 1st floor. Still almost sleepwalking, I hopped on the elliptical and put on Cardio Coach #1. It was a massive struggle to go at even a moderate pace. I listened to Sean's motivating comments while trying to will my body to move. My heart pounded and I felt dizzy. I couldn't breathe. I had to take it back to a steady state during challenge 3 because I couldn't keep up. After I was done, I rode the elevator back up, too tired to take the stairs.

Fast forward one year...

While I'm still large, I've dropped around 45 pounds and lost over 6 inches in my waist size (I'd like to lose 20 more pounds but I'll NEVER be skinny). I feel more than solid, I feel pretty fit. I've done all the Cardio Coach workouts, including Press Play. In fact, even the tough cardio coach workous seem like easier workouts to me now. I can actually jog a mile on the treadmill, even with bad feet. I'm a CLX graduate. I'm starting an Insanity rotation. I coach my 11 year old son in football and run a 40 yard dash a full second faster than he can run it. I can leg press close to 500 pounds...or maybe more. I gave up sodas and drink water. I eat more fruit, vegetables and whole grains.

I still get up at 5:00 AM every weekday, bleary eyed and zombiefied, to begin my day with a workout. It's become part of my routine. I think that's something to celebrate. Happy Workout Day, everyone!
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:41 AM  
Sissy B

That's great Blackadar - it is definitely something to celebrate! Congratulations on your weight loss and all your fitness accomplishments this past year.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:44 AM  
ktlc
VF Supporter

Congratualtions!!! What a great story! You are truely an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Katie
ktlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:47 AM  
lynfield

Great Job. Be proud of your accomplishment.
Old 03-02-11, 08:51 AM  
wlorrie

Congrats!! You should be very proud of yourself.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:51 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations, and this is a reminder to everyone that each day can bring a brand-new beginning.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:54 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your dedication and accomplishments! May 5 o'clock am look like this for you:
Old 03-02-11, 08:54 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Awesome! Congratulations on your terrific fitness journey
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:55 AM  
dbclark44

Thanks for sharing. Thanks for also enabling. I keep hearing about CC and never tried any of them. I love the elliptical and most times listen to music, so I'm off to investigate more about CC.

Congratulations on your accomplishments and doing what's right even when it felt so wrong .

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Congratulations! You're a great inspiration.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspiration, success stories, success story