Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-10, 03:12 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by christabel View Post

I'm Chris, a recent convert to barre style exercising. I live in Glasgow, Scotland where I work as a nurse in ITU. I live with my lovely man, and we have an allotment where we grow lots of delish veggies.
Welcome! I'm a bulker in my lower body too but I never managed to stick with barre long enough to see any shrinkage... the weights kept calling my name!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-10, 09:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, Chris. You will find lots of people to talk to and answer questions. Just be sure to hide your credit card as you'll see talk about lots of workouts you never heard of before...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-10, 03:30 PM  
fitty5

Hello

Hi everyone! Just a quick hello! I love working out at home and have had fun reading some of the threads and getting a feel for the VF site! Looking forward to a great 2011!!
fitty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 10:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, fitty5. Have fun reading the threads. Just be sure to hide your credit cards!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-02-11, 06:38 AM  
faith&devotion

Hi everyone!

I'm faith&devotion (yes, I love depeche mode!), I'm 25 and I write from Italy. I've been reading this forum for a few months now and it's good to know that there are other fitness vidiots out there
I've lost almost 40lbs in the last year and a half thanks to exercise and moderate clean eating (I could have done better but I love chocolate and desserts! But I'm going to do better this year. that's one of my resolutions for 2011) and I have an other 15-20lbs to go to reach my goal (142-145lbs).

I workout 5-6 times a week, mainly cardio (Pump It up and other Uk dvds) / interval training (Slim in 6, The Firm, The biggest loser UK) and dance (10ms).
Thanks to home fitness I feel stronger and fit! I enjoy the variety and the fact that many dvds are more challenging than the workouts I use to do at the gym!
Unfortunately we don't have such a wide range as you in US...there are a lot of US releases I would buy if I could!
faith&devotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-11, 09:04 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

faith&devotion - Welcome out of lurkdom here on VF! Congrats on your weight loss. You have done very well. I don't see anything wrong with losing while eating what you like. You might be more likely to keep it off because you don't feel deprived. Anyway, good luck with your goals.

Have you read about totalfitnessdvds.com? They are a favorite of international VFers due to reasonable shipping rates.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-03-11, 05:49 AM  
faith&devotion

Hi Laura! Thanks for the welcome and for your tips! placing an order on a US website can be a bit complicated because of the region of the dvd player and above all the customs, which tends to hold the packets even for a few weeks and charges extra money ...but I don't exclude this possibility!
Old 01-03-11, 06:25 AM  
topfitmama

Hi Faith and Devotion!
Nice to meet another European VFer
I live in Germany.

I second what Laura said. If you find a way to reach a healthy weight while eating what you like ( not overeating, of course!) and exercising in a way that you enjoy, you are a lot more likely to keep the weight off!

As others have said, watch your credit card....
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 05:38 AM  
faith&devotion

Thank you, Topfitmama!
I am glad too to see a german VFer! I speak German, I studied it at the university, and I am so happy I did it because I love this language and your country! Last year I stayed near Frankfurt for 2 months
Old 01-28-11, 11:23 AM  
Funmeg

No longer a lurker!

Good morning This is my first post! I've been lurking for a few weeks and I'm VERY happy I've discovered this forum.

My name is Megan, and I live in Northern California. I love working out at home! I first fell in love with my Dance Workout with Barbie in middle school, and by the time I was in college I was devoted to Claudia Schiffer's Perfectly Fit videos. Man, I wish I still had a VHS player! Those videos are the bomb.

After a longggg hiatus I'm getting back into videos! I've tried the Lotte Berk DVD series (ehhh) and Classical Pilates Technique (just okay). I'm awaiting Tracy Anderson's mat DVD.

Outside of my living room I love to run, workout at the gym, and attend yoga or Bar Method classes. For better or worse, I am a muscle building machine! I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and after 2 weeks I looked like Rambo, so I have to be careful about what exercises I do.

I'm looking forward to learning more from the Video Fitness Gurus here, so I'm not stuck with more lame DVDs! I'm looking to learn more about this "fusion" stuff I keep reading about, barre, pilates and anything new and different to keep me somewhere between "Popeye" and "poochy"!

xxoo
Funmeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread