Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-10, 09:45 AM  
Jane1721

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, but thought I might as well introduce myself and start posting! I was "Jane" on the Ya-Yas board, but stopped going there because of the virus issues. I've been working out to videos since 1988 (so, I started when I was 3, ha ha...). I am primarily a Firmie, but have lots and lots of other workouts too. I've never tried a KCM workout but I have a feeling my next purchase will include at least one...

Jane.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 11:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, Jane! If you have been lurking for awhile, you know to hide your credit cards already. Once KCM's newest workouts ship, you may see some of them on the Exchange. Older ones are easier to get. She's a good instructor.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 05:00 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Hi Jane, Sorry you were run away from your old neighborhood, but we welcome you to the kinda new home.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 07:50 PM  
new2me

Welcome Jane!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 09:53 AM  
wendug

I've been lurking here on and off for years- you guys give the best reviews and honest opinions of videos! I've been a video exerciser for about 10 years. It started with the FIRM and my collection has grown by leaps and bounds! Recently I've been doing more Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels and Jari Love for weights. I still pull out the old firms when I'm feeling nostalgic, but don't do them all that often these days.

I want to say, "hello" to everyone and thanks for all the advice from years past! I hope I will be able to add to this plethora of fitness info!
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 03:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Wendug - Welcome out of lurkdom. Feel free to jump in wherever. It sounds like you have contributions to make!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-04-10, 04:24 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Hi Wendug,

Welcome to the land of the former lurkers.

You know we have a good time here, but like all families there can be tiffs.

Just take the good with the iffy and it will be great fun.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 08:20 AM  
SpiritSong

Hello everyone! I have only been lurking for about a week and have to jump in! I re-started exercising 7/3/10 (for the last time, because this time I am sticking with it!) and was going to use the BB boards for motivation, but as someone else here observed, the coach program has really ruined the atmosphere there.

Sorry I didn't use my first name in my user name, but I didn't find the guidelines until after I registered. My name is Amy, I am 42, and I have about 50 lbs. to lose. My current fitness goals (besides general improvements in cardio, strength, and flexibility) are:

1. Continue to exercise six days a week (I have found working out first thing in the morning to be extremely helpful for this).
2. Improve my overall fitness so I can do all those great "Intermediate" workouts they have at Collage.

I am so excited to jump in so I can ask all the video vets questions! Sorry if I bump up old threads for a few days.

- Amy
SpiritSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 09:12 AM  
sophie kat

Welcome Amy and Congratulation on setting and sharing your goals. Sometimes that's half the battle.

You might want to try a check-in. There's a lot of friendly and supportive people to keep you accountable there.

Warning: Vf can be a vidiot shopper's paradise, so spend wisely!

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 12:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome Amy. I like your user name! You can set up a signature somewhere under My VF (at the top of the screen), if that would help let people know your first name. Feel free to go back to old threads all you want. You might want to warn people that you are reviving an old thread to lessen any possible confusion. Have fun! And, good luck with your goals.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread