Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-09, 11:30 AM  
lindaarm

Hi all
I should have properly introduced myself before jumping in, but after lurking for a long while I decided now is the time!

I am a 39 y/o mom of 3 great kids (ages 10, 7 & 7) and married to my best friend for the past 13 years.
After getting married, quitting smoking, and having 3 kids in 2 years I gain 100 lbs. Despite being big, I have always loved exercise videos. I have lost 35 lbs in the past 2 1/2 months and feel better than I have in a *long* time- mentally and physically. I am a work in progress and have learned so much from VF!
I'm glad to be a part of this supportive community
-Linda

I put a pic in my as my profile picture- why won't it show up?

Last edited by lindaarm; 12-31-09 at 11:31 AM. Reason: question
lindaarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 02:17 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Linda,

Welcome out of lurkdom. Feel free to jump in.

As far as your picture goes, is it small enough? There are size restrictions on how big the avatar can be and I usually have to shrink them down. On the page where you upload the picture, it tells how big the picture can be. If that's not it, I don't know!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 02:32 PM  
new2me

Welcome out of Lurkdom, and congratulations on your fitness progress...that's FANTASTIC!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 02:21 PM  
veggiesultana

Late Intro

Hi everyone,

It looks like I signed up for this forum in 2005, but I didn't frequent the boards until the past month or so. A friend from another forum directed me here, as we had a mutual love of FIRM videos.

My name is Vivienne and I am a vidiot, however I use the term cautiously because I am novice compared to so many here! My videos of choice have usually been FIRMs old and new followed by Turbo Jam. The release of Brazil Butt Lift is what brought me here (for reviews). Now I am hooked on all the wonderful suggestions. I have since ordered, P57, a Core Fusion and Tracy Anderson (old ones). Yikes! Dangerous place

I love to workout, I love to workout at home.....I would love to look into some swaps but I am feeling a bit gunshy over it.

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions and a great board in general

Veggiesultana/Vivienne
veggiesultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 02:32 PM  
new2me

Welcome out of lurkdome Vivienne!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 02-27-10, 05:40 PM  
imhere2dance

I didn't even see this thread before I started posting away like crazy! LOL

My name is Kelly, I'm 31, and I live in Virginia. I found this forum a few days ago and I joined right away. Fitness DVDs are my favorite things to shop for online. I decided I needed a lifestyle change two years ago. I was a size 14/16 (I'm 5'3") and I was so unhappy. I'd been a size 14 since I was 14. I'd go up a size or two and then back down several times over the years. So I started eating less and exercising every day. In the beginning I didn't hate exercise, but I didn't love it. As I started seeing the changes in my body, I grew to love it because it was making me look and feel so good. I'm now wearing a size 2. I don't suffer from depression like I did before. And even though I didn't have any known health issues, I know I'm healthier now. I'm so happy I found this great forum and I look forward to getting to know you guys!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 07:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Kelly - Welcome to VF! It sounds like VF is a great fit for the lifestyle you already have. It also sounds like exercising has done great things for you. I'm from Maryland and there are quite a few people on VF from the general mid-Atlantic area.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 09:07 PM  
counterclockwise

Welcome to all you new VF'ers...it's a great place! And a special hi to imhere2dance...I'm a fellow Virginia vidiot! : )
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 05:34 AM  
imhere2dance

Thank you both for the nice welcome.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 01:40 PM  
new2me

Hi and welcome from me too Kelly!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread