Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-19, 08:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 47 minute walk with DS midday and then a burst after dinner.
I am planning a walk and maybe pilates or weights today. It was quite chilly this morning but it should get into the 60s today and sunny so fall has definitely arrived for good.

PENGUIN, wow that yardwork sounds intense but I'm glad you can see a difference, it's worth it. Nice work with Leslie. Awww your hubby is too sweet.
What a lovely idea even if it didn't work out exactly as planned it still sounds lovely. My 5 days off are still pending.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 02:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did P90x+ UB. I liked that this was an UB workout and not several UB workouts split up, with my current schedule I just can't fit in splits well. What I didn't like was all the pullups and pushups but it is Tony, so what did I expect. Instead, I did various bench presses and overhead presses and mostly had to modify the other exercises also. I wasn't crazy about it but will do it again.

SB, we will try the original picnic idea again sometime. Its overcast/raining today and should be chilly but the humidity is making it feel hot.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 42 minute walk. I never did add on anything. They are expecting heavy rains later today so if I want to walk I'll have to go soon.
I did want to do some weight work today so I'll see if I can get it all in.

PENGUIN, nice job with the P90X+ workout. I don't do splits either because I never know when I'll get to the other body parts. I'm not a fan of modifying a lot of the exercises either. That would probably be a pass for me.

Old 10-17-19, 08:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

The rain didn't start until the afternoon yesterday but I really was in the mood for some weights so I did SS Mix It Up. I was thinking maybe I would walk after the workout if it wasn't raining yet but that wasn't going to happen.
Mix It Up kicked my butt. I guess all my walking and pilates hasn't kept me in shape for some circuit type workout. I need to do more of this type of workout a couple of times a week at least. Today I may walk and do some pilates.

Old 10-17-19, 04:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to do Bi/Tri one week then Chest Back the next week on my UB day. That's a lot to keep up with. I don't feel I'm that organized :P but its something to think about. Frankly I'd rather just get it all over with in one setting. I think its funny that I'll work out every day then do something slightly different, like my dance workouts, and they kick my butt. Leaves me wondering what happened and why am I so tired?!

Today I did Cathe's Lift it and Hiit It Legs. This is more of a cardio workout for me. I keep saying I'm going to start using weights for LB at least squats but I never do. I need to dig out a kettlebell or two, I did a few exercises that used one weight that the KB would have worked with.

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. Leftovers tonight so I don't even have to cook!

Old 10-17-19, 05:19 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, my cottage is all closed up for another year. It was a fun weekend with lots of hikes in the woods and up a mountain. Both my kids came for thanksgiving also, so that was very nice.

Since then, I have done some walking, some stepping and today Tom Holland Total Body.

Hey PP - your husband sounds like a total romantic!

SB- sounds like you're enjoying your semi-retirement!

Greetings Tammie and Cambet.
Old 10-18-19, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did KCM's Your Best Body workout #1 premix with cardio bursts between the weight work. This is one of my favorite KCM dvds. I'm trying to up my cardio capacity a little bit since the walking isn't really doing much for my aerobic capacity. I'll still do the walking but I think I need to add more circuit type workouts into my regimen too. Today will most likely be a walk and maybe pilates.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Cathe workout. I think trying different types of workouts is always a good idea to shake things up.

NORA, nice workouts this week. Glad you had a fun weekend and time with your kids.

Old 10-18-19, 02:22 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, I do think he's getting more and more romantic. I'm not going to complain about that! It must be hard to close up the cottage and get back to the 'real' world. Your time at the cottage sounds peaceful

SB, I'm not sure I've tried that premix but it sounds like something I'd like!

Today I did Ellen's Barefoot Cardio. Nice, easy relaxing workout for a Friday, but maybe not the best choice after yesterday's Legs workout. More plies and squats, blech! I did more sidesteps than I did plies, but I feel stretched out!

Old 10-19-19, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

It was windy and cool yesterday and I guess I'm not ready to face this weather yet so I didn't walk. I have to get used to it though because it's only going to get worse in the coming months. Instead I cleaned out more things from my mom's room and brought it to goodwill. I will try for either a walk or maybe another circuit workout today before work later this afternoon.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Ellen workout. I don't usually do Kelly's premixes but since I'm looking to add a little more cardio into my routine I'll have to explore her premixes.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-19-19, 09:16 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my workouts for the week. I bought the Barlates Tone It, Chisel It, and Sculpt It series in Linda's last BOGO sale. Several people in GD indicated they didn't like these series because they were too easy. Are they crazy? These are tough for me! Especially the Chisel It Series: Total Body one. These are what she calls functional fitness workouts. There is a lot of up and down moves on them. They are kicking my butt. Fortunately they are mostly 30-40 minute workouts. I'm in awe of those that find these too easy.

Sunday (10/13) - The Firm Classic Volume 3
Monday (10/14) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: Punch, Kick & Jam + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 714
Tuesday (10/15) - Linda Wooldridge Chisel It Series: Total Body + Kari Anderson Push - Hi/Lo
Wednesday (10/16) - Classical Stretch Season 7 - 715 + Jennifer Kries Yin Yoga - Advanced
Thursday (10/17) - Linda Wooldridge Tone It Series: High to Low + Kari Anderson Push - Step
Friday (10/18) - Classical Stretch Season 7 - 717 + Anastasia Dorohova Yoga Pulse Power Yoga, Stress Free
Saturday (10/19) - Linda Wooldridge Sculpt It Series: Pyramid Lower + Shaun T's Rockin' Body: Party Express

SB, good job with the walking and dvd workouts. You did some of my favorites. I only workout once a day. I target 50 - 70 minutes. Sometimes it is longer if I am having to pause and replay the workout to understand some of the moves or pause to catch my breath. I have to admit my aerobic capacity is not the same as it was in my 30s and 40s. Of course, my older workouts don't have all of the functional fitness moves either. When I first started working out, people would really complain if a workout had you go to the floor and come back up during the standing part. They said it made them dizzy. Now it seems to be called functional fitness moves. I understand trying to get used to the changing weather. Our weather is a roller coaster right now. We had some sweater days but now we are back in shorts.

Penguin, your hubby does sound like a romantic! How wonderful! Good job with the dvd workouts and the yard cleaning workouts. I don't mind modifying a little during a workout but I don't enjoy it if I have to modify more than about 15% of it. I enjoy splits but I do them back to back. Then I'll do a cardio or yoga workout the next day.

Nora
, it sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Good job with your hiking and dvd workouts. We have some neighbors on our street at the coast that come around Thanksgiving and return in May. I'm not sure I could do that. I like having a "home base". We used to spend half our week at home and the other half at the coast. Now DH is into lake fishing so we aren't going to coastal home as much. I think we got a little burned out from dealing with hurricane and tornado repairs also. It is starting to be enjoyable to go there. And I have workout equipment there.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote