Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-19, 04:54 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - check your StepBet credits, I just read that they expire after a year of inactivity! You don't want to lose that hard earned money! I do get notifications that the battery is low, but I think I must have ignored them.
Susan - good luck with both of your job searches. Maximum stress situation, but it will be worth it in the long run if you are both happier with your jobs.
We are fixing up our son's bathroom. It's a long story, but the short version is that we are almost finished. Just some doors & trim to paint and some floor tiles to replace that have come loose.
Our house is 30 years old and the bathroom & kitchen are both dated. We just signed a contract to have our master bath gutted and redone. I'm a little sick about the cost, but I feel good about the company we went with. It won't begin until January so we don't have to deal with it and the holidays at the same time.
Waves to Mena & Helen!

10/9 - I started Jessica Smith's Fall Fitness challenge. It's only 5 days, so I think I can make it! Day 1 was Total Body Strength. We also took the dogs on a 3.6 mile walk.
10/10 - Day 2 Steady State Cardio plus rebounding while I watched TV.
10/11 - Day 3 Interval Cardio & Core, an ABBA walk with Up to the Beat Fitness and a dog walk.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 05:38 PM  
Helen

Hey all.

SUSAN
Glad to see you back. Sorry that you're both in job tumult.

Yes, the 'jump' was DH & DD2 doing a tandem parachute jump; and
Yes - I have an injury - hard fall on front point of shoulder, ~3 weeks ago - still considerably painful but with notable improvement in range of motion.

You've had a GREAT week! Note: 'conscious decision to have a rest day' = WERD (Well-earned rest day)

ME
Shoulder still wakes me if I move inappropriately at night, but used the blinker switch in the car with right hand for first time today!

Not been the greatest week - and DH left again yesterday. and only the weekend left of holidays.

I've started (and lost) many posts over the past week - so hitting submit.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 04:31 AM  
Helen

First day back at work - still can't write on the board with right hand due to not being able to hold arm high enough.

Business
Sunday
Derby - YES! cleared to skate but not contact training 2 hrs
Evening street skate with a friend & Alice on-lead. 90min
Monday
Cathe - Step Jam - Section 2+3 Mix 46min, 8"
no premix on disc, but it does have chapter selections, so....

LILI
A 5-day challenge is definitely doable!
Understandable to feel sick about the cost - bathroom stuff is SO expensive!
How wonderful of you to do your son's for him - he'd better be VERY grateful.

CLEDA
Meditation?! That feels out of character for you - what brought you to trying it?

stopping again before I get sidetracked and lose another post - two NEW maths texts arrived today & eager to peruse them.

PS - most people think 'peruse' means something like a quick flick, or cursery gloss over, but it actually means to read something in a thorough or careful way.

Whilst I'm on that train of thought - decimate - ORIGINALLY meant to reduce by one tenth! "The town was decimated? Oh cool - 90% is still ok!"

Happy Monday - waves to Susan, Kay, & Mena - I'll get to everyone eventually.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 05:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Monday wrap up

Helen: You're on to me! well, I have signed up for the Every Day in October for Peloton (choosing one of their workouts) Gives me a chance to find something new AND it counts. I usually don't post any of my meditation or hypnosis programs as I don't think they "count". So , while it seems they are totally out of character for me, I do them. (But again, have a tough time staying awake for them.) Glad your shoulder is feeling better. At least somewhat.

Lili: thanks for the reminder. I went and checked my credits. I earned them in August this year, so I did have time to cash them out. But since I tend to forget and life marches on? I cashed out! Thanks.

Waves to everyone! on to me, me, and all me (and Peloton).

The challenge is OVER. As of yesterday. I was NOT going to do the "extra credit" ride for this week. Being a rebel, going rogue!!! It's Not required. Only if one would like to do a donation ride. (But I do them every week anyway!) anyway:

10/11/2019: Matt's 60 minute Power Zone ride, Christine's 20 minute Tabatta ride, 10 minute cool down ride and 5 minute stretch

10/12/2019: Denis Morton's 45 minute Power Zone ride, walked 6 miles at the park playing Pokemon Go for Community day. Most steps I've gotten in ions!

10/13/2019: Hannah Corbin's 20 minute ride, Matt Wilper's 30 minute ride (Extra Credit that I wasn't going to do. Just didn't get my heart rate high enough with Hannah's ride and did not even break a sweat.) Arm workout with Christinte, ab workout with Christine (each are only 5 minutes - effective 5 minutes) and then did A bellicon bounce to flush out the legs + a stretch. Quite the mish mosh (which I enjoy when I don't "HAVE" to do a Peloton challenge ride.)!!!

Onward. . . I have 2 weeks to play around and do whatever workouts strike my fancy. Then it's back to a challenge till the end of the year. It keeps me focused. (as much as I may whine about it). I'm sure by now you've all noticed! (stepbet, runbet, peloton challenges.) Yep ... it's a trend.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 08:40 AM  
mena

Sat 10/12 - TURD
Sun 10/13 - Jane Fonda - Walkout (Level 2)
Mon 10/14 - The Firm - Total Body Toner. Not feeling it today so I only did about 30 minutes. I could have pushed through, but I didn't.

Happy Monday to Everyone!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:21 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Thanks for the definitions, Helen. Now will I remember? I love Google. I check out new words & definitions regularly.

Doing the normal garden watering & tending, sewing & normal household chores.

Took a 4+ mile hike on Big Creek Trail to the falls. Declined dh's suggestion to go on to the bridge. The knees still aren't happy so I'm glad I declined.

Pre-op visit done, annual oncologist done. Oncologist counts survival from day of diagnosis so next month is 5 years! Hence, why I don't have to go back for a year.

New boob surgery is this Friday. Good bye UpChuck & Larry.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 05:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Finally ....

Kay: FINALLY your surgery is arriving. WOW. It sure has been a long time coming. We will be thinking of you on Friday. 5 years? Oh how wonderful.

Waves to all.

10/14/2019:
Peloton Treadmill workout. Did a disco walk. (30 minutes) but incorporated a few small bursts of jogging in with it. There was some incline work. Overall? ok. I followed it up with 10 minutes of (peloton) legs, subbing in some kettlebell swings for some of the exercises I wasn't willing to do (walk outs, etc.) I am feeling it today. Variety - ahhhhhhhhh the spice of life.

My gorilla Mat arrived yesterday, so I might unroll it and attempt to do a video of sorts today. I'm not sure. I'm still feeling my abs from the "dead bug" CDE workout on Sunday. It always amazes me that 5 minute workouts can leave me sore.

Ok, off to do something.
Make it a great day.
Cleda

PS ... Furnace is running, it's chilly outside and the leaves are turning to gold and dropping off the trees. We're mid October, so I suppose there is no denying that autumn is truly upon us. Such mixed emotions about that. :: sigh ::
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 11:04 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Despite being a 5 day challenge, I only managed 3 days! I do hope to get back to it eventually.
10/12 - I took a long walk.
10/13 - Prevention's 3-2-1 Workout and a dog walk.
10/14 - We picked up our grandkids in the morning and ran around with them all day. All of the grandparents are taking turns watching them while my DD & SIL are in Barcelona. Our shift started yesterday morning and lasts until tomorrow morning. No guarantees that I will get in a real workout until then. Sleeping in their house meant very little sleep.

Kay - good luck with the surgery and congratulations on 5 years! Amazing!
Helen - glad the shoulder is healing, but it sure is taking it's time. Glad you are able to skate again. Thank you for the word definitions!
Cleda - I would also not have thought you were the meditation type. You always seem more like the energizer bunny!
Waves to Susan & Mena!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 09:14 AM  
mena

Tue 10/15 - Denise Austin - Shape Up & Shed Pounds (Low Impact Cardio only)

Wed 10/16 - Leslie Sansone - WATP 1 Mile

Kay - Good luck with your surgery. Congrats on 5 years!!! That's great!

Lili - 3 out of 5 days is 60 percent done which isn't bad. It's tough to build up a lot of momentum with such a short rotation.

Waves to Cleda, Helen and Susan and anyone else.
Old 10-18-19, 08:32 AM  
mena

Thu 10/17 - Cathe LITE - Extended Stretch 2 (this hardly counts, I know)
Fri 10/18 - Cathe LITE - Cardio Party (Hi-Lo Only Timesaver Premix)

I've been suffering with terrible insomnia this week capped by last night/this morning being up at 2 AM! I needed something fun, easy, and requiring no brain power this morning.

I hope everyone has a good weekend .