Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-19, 02:59 PM  
keilan00

I agree. Go to your doctor. You can have a pinched nerve or degeneration. Once you get the okay, you can explore rehabilitative exercises.

Bob and Brad of Physical Therapy Video are my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/user/physica...pyvideo/videos

I also like motivationaldoc but some of his videos are a little bit woo woo. Other videos are really good.
https://www.youtube.com/user/motivationaldoc/videos
I don't have cervical spondylosisbut I like the advice in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxshNY1Ixac

Here's Cain Carroll demonstrating some exercises:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0ZD-PLcUs
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 08:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just got Cain Carroll's DVD today and did the first two practices, along with the Frozen Shoulder bonus. I liked it and there are exercises that I hadn't seen before. For the price, the content isn't huge but I can see using this for these targeted areas (Neck and Shoulders.) Production quality isn't as good as a Lee Holden DVD but I don't regret this purchase. I like that the sessions were short and this will definitely complement anything else in the way of PT exercises that I am doing. I plan to add this in at least three times a week!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 02:38 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
...Another good one is Janice Novak's. i'll post a review of it tomorrow.
I ordered Posture Get It Straight and like it very much. The moves are almost the same as the PT I did for my fractured vertebra. She has some different abs exercises as well. I do modify a few of the moves. Thanks, jeannine!

https://www.amazon.com/Posture-Get-S...gateway&sr=8-1

Be advised that it is a DVD-R. And, an expensive one at that.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 03:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I ordered Posture Get It Straight and like it very much. The moves are almost the same as the PT I did for my fractured vertebra. She has some different abs exercises as well. I do modify a few of the moves. Thanks, jeannine!

https://www.amazon.com/Posture-Get-S...gateway&sr=8-1

Be advised that it is a DVD-R. And, an expensive one at that.
you're welcome!

mine was a regular DVD - i'm puzzed by yours being DVD-R. when I go home tonight, i'll double check what mine is. I think some of her DVDs were sold with her book as a set, but I just got the DVD by itself. the book is also pretty good, by the way - I borrowed it from the library. our library also has the DVD, which is where I got to try it out. the book was separate from the DVD.

yes, the one move among many that I like is the hitchhiker one - fan your thumbs outward as if hitchhiking. right away, I feel a lift in my upper back.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 02:32 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
you're welcome!

mine was a regular DVD - i'm puzzed by yours being DVD-R. when I go home tonight, i'll double check what mine is. I think some of her DVDs were sold with her book as a set, but I just got the DVD by itself. the book is also pretty good, by the way - I borrowed it from the library. our library also has the DVD, which is where I got to try it out. the book was separate from the DVD.

yes, the one move among many that I like is the hitchhiker one - fan your thumbs outward as if hitchhiking. right away, I feel a lift in my upper back.
I bought the DVD and book from Amazon. There was no mention of it being DVD-R when I bought it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 03:30 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I bought the DVD and book from Amazon. There was no mention of it being DVD-R when I bought it.
Alta.... mine is a regular silver back. UPC is 0 94922 60877 2, issued in 2006 (Janice Novak, not to be confused with the title of this thread).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, cain carrol, cain carroll, janice novak, michelle joyce, posture, reflexology