Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-18, 09:29 PM  
kila

Brooke Burke Body App

I was wondering if anyone has the Brooke Burke Body App? If so how do you like it? Is it worth getting in your opinion? TIA
kila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 11:04 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kila View Post
I was wondering if anyone has the Brooke Burke Body App? If so how do you like it? Is it worth getting in your opinion? TIA
She offers a free 7 day trial so you can give it a shot and see. From what I gathered it’s a bunch of short workouts you can add together.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 07:50 PM  
momofcha

Bumping. Has anyone tried this? She’s got quite a library and some of them are up to 45 minutes long.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 04:34 PM  
sillygirl

Brooke offered a discount code a while back that still works -

MMHOLIDAY50 will take 50% off your first 3 months (price goes down to $3.99/mth for 3 months then back to the regular $7.99/mth).

I just started my free 7-day trial but like that there are several ways to access the workouts - on my laptop, the App, and the Brooke Burke Body Roku channel.

She released a 24-day workout rotation back in December - Holiday Handful that includes an almost 100-page fitness guide. You can get it emailed for free here - https://mailchi.mp/brookeburkebody/holidayhandful

I'm looking forward to working out with her.

ETA: You can download the workouts to an Offline folder on the App so you can still workout when you don't have internet access.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 11:07 PM  
kila

I finally tried this app. I signed up on Christmas took advantage of the 7 day free trial and the 3 month discounted price. I am enjoying this app so far. She has plenty of options and a variety of different timed workouts. I like being able to also take advantage of the different options to play her workouts. I can use my Roku tv, through a app, or stream straight from the computer, or even offline option if you like. I also enjoy her workout locations.

Unlike the Jillian Michales app. I have since it launched on ios. I was getting to be uninspired. I'm locked in on intro price. so I have it for 3.99 a month. I honestly can't see paying what she ask for the app. now. I know the Jillian Michaels app was not the question but I thought I would just give it a small mention. Because the Brooke Burke app she goes to different locations and you can tell your doing a different workout. She put thought and effort into it. After doing Jillian's for a while it is the same indoor brick wall scenery. Same outfit. You get total dejavu. She just filmed a bunch of different moves and puts them together in different order and calls them different programs. I have a hard time after a while of doing her workouts of telling them apart. so repetitive. I do like the actually workouts though. But I can't wait for the day she actually films something new. She could of at least changed her outfits or something. I found after a while of doing the app. I was just unmotivated to do it. Tired of seeing the same old thing. So for now I'm on a break and enjoying the Brooke app.
kila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 04:45 PM  
diggerholliday

Thank you for your review.
I just recently got the two Brook Burke DVDs in a trade and have enjoyed them. So maybe I'll give her app a go. It was also good to have a comparison. I've recently had to admit to myself that I don't like Jillian, not because I'm a wimp or her workouts are so intense but because her personality is so grating to me. So good to know I'm not missing anything
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-19, 01:05 PM  
keilan00

I haven't been exercising lately and workouts look really good! Would anyone be interested in doing a check-in? If not, that's okay. I like tiny check-ins. Party of 1? It'll be short because I usually only subscribe to streaming services for 1 month and then jump to something else. I'll create the check-in on February 1.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 03:23 AM  
keilan00

I created a check-in if anyone is interested:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225142
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote