Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-15, 06:04 AM  
sherry7899

I inhaled the rest of "The Truth about Melody Browne" by Lisa Jewell. I am trying to finish "Emma's Secret" and the Rowan Coleman book I started a few weeks ago. Both are kind of slow.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 09:32 AM  
Sissy B

I re-read The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews and now I'm reading the sequel, The Chocolate Lovers' Diet. The third book in the series, The Chocolate Lovers' Christmas is supposed to be released this fall.

Fun Fact: One of the main characters goes to yoga class and works out in her flat with DVDs. Several British workouts are named throughout the books. She likes Davina McCall and Nell McAndrews.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 10:08 AM  
sherry7899

Sissy- I did not know about the sequels- thanks!

Old 06-13-15, 06:48 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Erica, I heard about this book a long time ago and have always been interested in it--in fact, I just mentioned it to DH recently! Please keep us posted on what you think of it.
I finished "The Other Wes Moore." I'm glad I read it, but I don't think the book is what it's supposed to be - the two Wes Moores are really very different in both nature and nurture so it's not realistic to think that one could have become the other based on choices.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 07:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I finished "The Other Wes Moore." I'm glad I read it, but I don't think the book is what it's supposed to be - the two Wes Moores are really very different in both nature and nurture so it's not realistic to think that one could have become the other based on choices.
Thanks for the follow-up, Erica; I think I'd still be interested in reading it some time.

I got Mr. Mercedes from the library on Thursday and I'm over halfway through already! I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 10:31 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm reading The Secrets We Keep by Emily Liebert. This is probably my least favorite of her books, but I'm still reading. The characters are mostly believable, even though they can be extreme. I've just never gotten people who are supposed to be in relationships who wonder why those relationships are lousy when they don't communicate or engage. Duh!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 06:12 PM  
josephine
VF Supporter

I've read a few of the books that were on my wish list (my library has been on point with having all of the new releases).

One step too far Tina Seskis: quick read and a good story
The Pocket Wife Susan Crawford - This book could have cut 100 pages as it was such a slow read. Good story with an interesting twist but, again, too slow for me.
Hausfrau Jill Essbaum: I read this in two sittings - very quick read but one of the saddest stories I've read in a long time. I can see how this woman lost herself living such a lonely, isolated, boring life but, still, the story was heavy.
The First Wife Erica Spindler I couldn't finish this - a few chapters in and I was bored with the characters.

I am reading Everything I never told you and I am not sure about it just yet. I have The Luckiest Girl Alive, The Daylight Marriage and I Take You on request. Happy Summer Reading
josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 07:04 PM  
sherry7899

Josephine-
I found some new titles suggested by Amazon. I will post them later.(more psychological suspense).

Old 06-14-15, 08:28 PM  
josephine
VF Supporter

Thanks sherry7899 - I know you and I have similar tastes
josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 08:36 AM  
Sandrine

Hi!
Just finished Remember Me Like This (last month) and The Paris Architect (upcoming meeting) for my book discussion group. Enjoyed both; very thought-provoking, a bit intense (for me!), so now I'm reading some cozy mysteries. I recently discovered Shelley Freydont's Lindy Haggarty mysteries, and have now moved on to her "Celebration Bay" series. Good, light summer reading!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, reading, summer 2015