Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-14, 02:25 PM  
spotted zebra

Emily, Bristol Palin was being 'true to herself' too. It helped boost her support tremendously no matter how you want to word it. Candace's husband could be Joe Blow who manages the local hardware store, for all that has been made known about him. It's interesting how he hasn't been seen visiting her behind the scenes, he hasn't said as much as two words to the camera, and they've mostly just played up her faith and the fact that she's an all American mom. The way they construct the bios is fascinating in and of itself. No offense meant to practising Christians, of course. Just that some celebs of faith tend to keep that part of their lives more private than others. It's not a judgment, she can do as she pleases and as a person she seems naturally likeable. My point was Candace's support is not coming just from Full House fans. Not by a long shot.

ETA: Perhaps her husband is shy. You don't normally think of professional hockey players as shy, but you never know.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 03:36 PM  
zoegirl

I love Candace but agree that she should not win. I have loved her more modest costumes. I hate when any of the dancers look like they are seconds away from revealing everything. I like Amy and agree that Derek is amazing, no matter who he is paired with, and love that he works with whatever their strengths and weaknesses might be. I like Meryl and have enjoyed a more pleasant Maks this season. But anytime there has been even a hint of off-screen romance between pro and celebrity, for some reason it turns me off. Even more so when their dances and lingerie costumes play up the steamy, passionate side. Get a room and let me watch a smiling, handsome, and entertaining Charlie White. Can't wait to watch him and Meryl dance tonight!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 04:48 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Emily, Bristol Palin was being 'true to herself' too. It helped boost her support tremendously no matter how you want to word it. Candace's husband could be Joe Blow who manages the local hardware store, for all that has been made known about him. It's interesting how he hasn't been seen visiting her behind the scenes, he hasn't said as much as two words to the camera, and they've mostly just played up her faith and the fact that she's an all American mom. The way they construct the bios is fascinating in and of itself. No offense meant to practising Christians, of course. Just that some celebs of faith tend to keep that part of their lives more private than others. It's not a judgment, she can do as she pleases and as a person she is naturally likeable. My point was Candace's support is not coming just from Full House fans. Not by a long shot.
I see what you're saying. My point was that people vote for many different reasons. This really isn't a dance competition once people vote.
Old 05-20-14, 06:27 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I love Candace but agree that she should not win. I have loved her more modest costumes. I hate when any of the dancers look like they are seconds away from revealing everything. I like Amy and agree that Derek is amazing, no matter who he is paired with, and love that he works with whatever their strengths and weaknesses might be. I like Meryl and have enjoyed a more pleasant Maks this season. But anytime there has been even a hint of off-screen romance between pro and celebrity, for some reason it turns me off. Even more so when their dances and lingerie costumes play up the steamy, passionate side. Get a room and let me watch a smiling, handsome, and entertaining Charlie White. Can't wait to watch him and Meryl dance tonight!
I've liked Candace's costumes too. They remind me of the costumes female dancer celebs tend to wear in the British version, Strictly Come Dancing. It just seems more tastefully done on the UK show. Different costume designer though, and different expectations it seems.

I found it interesting how Artem was paired with Candace as a possible replacement for Mark if he wouldn't be able to dance due to his injury. Artem is amazing. He's one of the Russian pros on Strictly Come Dancing who regularly teaches a celeb, except he's nicer and infinitely more patient than Maks!
Old 05-20-14, 08:16 PM  
mle777

Ohh I'll have to look for Strictly Come Dancing!!!

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:38 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

It really hacks me off that we got only half of Charlie and Meryl's dance but got all of NeNe Leakes (I always found her tiresome).
Old 05-20-14, 10:49 PM  
spotted zebra

I'm really pleased with the results tonight. It truly seemed meant to be. Those two are nothing short of magical on the dance floor together.
Old 05-21-14, 04:34 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm really pleased with the results tonight. It truly seemed meant to be. Those two are nothing short of magical on the dance floor together.
ITA. It was a really great season.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 05:35 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Definitely!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 06:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I missed the end of the show. Who won?

ETA - I just saw it on Good Morning America.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dancing with the stars, dwts