Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-14, 08:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jen, I would say that I don't really have anything to lose on top (other than just underneath my belly button, if you consider that "upper body"). I wouldn't mind my arms being a bit more muscular. But mainly I would really like to slim down in the lower half.

That's exciting about your study abroad trip--where are you going? I work at college (in the counseling center) and am excited b/c the semester is almost over.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 08:12 PM  
jerebo

Beth, I really only considered above the belly button as "upper body." I lost some of the "bra roll" and my love handles.

I'm going on study abroad to Russia, a city called Nizhny Novgorod (I don't expect anyone has heard of it, even though it's one of the biggest cities in Russia). It's about 500 km east of Moscow on the Volga river. It's a great opportunity. Our classes end tomorrow, then two days of reading days and finals start Friday. I'm so burnt out and glad the semester is ending. I'm sure this must be a tough time to work in the counseling center--lots of anxiety, I'm sure!
Old 04-14-14, 08:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, your classes end early; ours don't end until 3 weeks from tomorrow. The trip does sound like a great opportunity--hope you have a wonderful time!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-14-14, 08:34 PM  
jerebo

They do end early! But we don't get a spring break, and we started the new semester up only days after New Year's. The lack of spring break really gets to me.

The trip will be fun, but difficult. My dd (soon to be 11) and I will travel without dh, who will join us a month later. That will be tough.

Instead of doing actual planning for the trip, I've been deciding what fitness routines/dvds I want to get, true vidiot that I am

Good luck with the end of the semester!
Old 04-14-14, 08:36 PM  
4leftlimbs

More than anything, the change I noticed most from this program was gaining more strength (all around) - really, I don't know how a person wouldn't be able to gain strength with this program. That being said, since your concern is your lower body, I would also say that one of the standout results I saw was more definition in my legs - more than I ever have before (but it's been about 1/2 a year since I've done this program, so.... ).

I know you don't like cardio, but I found most of the cardio in D2S to be fun and quick (actually, I found the shortest cardio workout to be too short and kinda pointless). This probably won't affect you since you said you get better results from strength workouts, but, for others who may be impacted, the limited cardio in this program ended up weakening my cardio endurance when I finished D2S and went back to my usual mish-mash of individual workouts. And I don't have natural cardio endurance, and it took me a while to build that cardio endurance, so that was disappointing. (I did yoga about 2x a week while doing D2S.) That was the only downside I saw in doing D2S.
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks so much for weighing in, 4leftlimbs! It's great to hear about your strength gains and about the definition you saw in your legs.

You are right about me not liking cardio, BUT, that being said, so far I've enjoyed the metabolic workouts more that I expected. I especially liked the Countdown Metabolic--it's fun to see the workout get "shorter" so to speak! I also enjoy kettlebells and like how she incorporates these. That's interesting about the effect on your cardio endurance though. I don't think I have a particularly high cardio endurance either, but on the either hand, I actually feel like I get a pretty good cardio effect from the strength workouts in this set (at least that's what my HRM tells me!).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-14-14, 08:59 PM  
4leftlimbs

Yay for liking the metabolic workouts!

I forgot to say that I didn't follow the diet plan. It's been a long, long time since I've had the discipline and willpower to consistently eat better. So, I can only imagine how much better your results will be if you use her recommendations.
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appetite, cosgrove, d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, full body strength, metabolic, rachel cosgrove, water retention