Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-13, 09:20 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffwish View Post
DebbieS,

I'd also be interested in how you made the transition from dedicated TA to a mixed weight rotation. If that's what you did. I've been doing Kelly Coffey for months and I'm stronger, but no inch loss.
Buffwish, I was never an only TA person. I added TA's workouts to what I had already been doing, which I posted above. Initially, I tried to do her muscular work for the 10 days, 6 days on 1 day off, meaning that I was also doing her muscular structure work on my strength days. I was starting to get burnt out on TA, so I cut back to the 3 days of TA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Hi, Debbie. Thanks so much for your response. I'll be very interested to hear more about your rotation. I think I'm going to try mixing total body weight workouts and TA, though. It should be interesting. I just feel that at my age, 51, I should be incorporating weight work, which I love. I also feel, though, that adding TA workouts would work those famous "accessory muscles," so I'm going to give this a try.

I hope you have a nice visit with your parents. At least it should be warm down south! It was in the 20's here today in New Jersey, and now it's snowing.

Thanks again,
Sue
Sue, I do understand what TA is trying to say. There's a lot of validity to what she is trying to convey. When I was into natural bodybuilding I did isometric work. A lot of bodybuilders do isometric work, not to be confused with isolation exercises. They will also use really light weights prior to show to pump up their muscles.

Thank you! We've had some really cold weather here in WA state, so I'm looking forward to some close to 70 degree days.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 09:31 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I hadn't read this thread back in 2011, but have had the chance to read it now, and it is one of the most fascinating threads I've ever read at VF. I am so impressed by the extreme results that people have gotten, and in so little time! Wow! It sounds almost too good to be true .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 11:31 PM  
lpstroud

I'm still laughing about the ring comments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Where is a photo of Laura's ring? I looked through her blog for several pages and didn't see it. Mine has been lost and I have to buy a replacement. If it's THAT awesome, I must see it as part of my decision process.
I tell ya what - if I can figure out how to post a picture in here I'll send ya one of my honker!!! IF - and only IF- everyone will realize that I will feel like a complete tool posting a picture of my wedding ring!!!
But if you like it and want to copy it or a version of it - help yourself and I'll even send you my jewelers name because she is an amazing woman and guess what.. WANTS TO give TA a try!!
It's all in the family now ladies!
I'm running all day tomorrow and Monday - but I will snap a pic and you can get a load of my lucky ass ring finger!!!! hahaahah!

No diamond too big.. no buttock to tight!! ... well.. I got the diamond part.. can't say my arse got the memo.. but we are working on it!!!

I'm having such a great time visiting with all of you!!! what a great bunch of ladies!!! Thank you all again for your kind words and you have inspired me to think about things and write again.. really you have. and I greatly appreciate it!

And awesome mixture by DebbieS - great plan!

And once I figure out the photo post thing - I will gladly post some pictures from the Miami Detox week with Tracy and MAria and Stacey... I literally have a photo of Tracy on her knees staring at my ass and studying it!!! hahaha - now THAT was a moment!

Nothing like taking it to the Master, huh?

I've even begged her to give Nashville a try for a detox week and they said they would think about it.. if it ever happens - maybe some of you would come and we can give it a go together!! Would be fun!

She said I was Glutcentric, btw... for what that is worth... but then again - that was not news to me!! THASS 2.0 ... let's DO THIS THANG, LADIES!

xoxoLa
lpstroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 07:18 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpstroud View Post
No diamond too big.. no buttock to tight!! ... well.. I got the diamond part.. can't say my arse got the memo.. but we are working on it!!!

And once I figure out the photo post thing - I will gladly post some pictures from the Miami Detox week with Tracy and MAria and Stacey... I literally have a photo of Tracy on her knees staring at my ass and studying it!!! hahaha - now THAT was a moment!

Nothing like taking it to the Master, huh?

xoxoLa
You are so funny! I would love to hang out with you IRL as you would brighten my day.
Please post some Miami Detox photos.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 08:04 AM  
kariev34

DebbieS: I look forward to hearing a bit more about your TA rotation. I'm thinking of getting TA in 3 times per week. I've tried using just her workouts but that didn't work for me. How long are you working out each day?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 08:50 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness*fanatic View Post
I was having trouble finding 'em, too, so I finally did an online search.

http://laurastroud.blogspot.com/2010...s-finally.html

http://laurastroud.blogspot.com/2010...mp-before.html
Wow, I'm happy for you Laura, that you achieved the look you wanted. My problem is I could never sustain working out for that long each day for life (in one caption it says, getting ready to work out for 3 hours ) or eating that way for life.

I also think there are plenty of before and after pictures and stories for any type of weight loss program. It's finding what works for you and what you can sustain doing. I am always tempted when I hear a success story to run out and buy "that" program but I know until I commit to changing my eating for life, it won't matter what I do workout wise. I'm mentally not there as after a 20 pound weight loss it's not budging.

I agree with Debbie's post. She says what I'm trying to say way better than I just said it. I DO eye TAM in Target b/c it's so assessable and I'm always wanting to try new workouts but I'd probably get SO frustrated with the cardio.

Debbie, please share your rotation with how you work it in with your other workouts. I need to go back to our check in and and see if I can figure it out. Also, how long each day would you say that you workout?
Old 02-03-13, 09:34 AM  
Bearybuff

Thanks Debbie, I misunderstood.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 11:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I hadn't read this thread back in 2011, but have had the chance to read it now, and it is one of the most fascinating threads I've ever read at VF. I am so impressed by the extreme results that people have gotten, and in so little time! Wow! It sounds almost too good to be true .
Abbe, I'll sell you my TA Omni Meta set. Cheap.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 day method, arms, barre, plastic surgery, results, tracy anderson, tracy anderson book, tracy anderson bootcamp, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results